• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Amiibo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pokemon Amiibo are compatible with Super Mario Maker.

But yeah, them being unusable with Yoshi's Woolly World is dumb...

And you know, it's just ridiculous how a truck carrying amiibo bundles for Splatoon got hijacked in the UK. I can't believe how desperate people are...

My updated collection w/ Rosalina. (can I say I REALLY hate my phone's camera option? The flash makes things too glaring, no flash and it makes things not sharp enough...sigh)

my_amiibo_collection__8_9_15__by_highrollerhydra-d94wdoy.jpg

Snagged a preorder of the retro three pack! When I obtain them, my collection will increase to 14 amiibo.

Snagged a preorder of the retro three pack! When I obtain them, my collection will increase to 14 amiibo.

When is the pack supposed to be released?

EDIT: Ah, dang. Apparently the preorder only happened this weekend...oh well, Rosie and Pally are in my collection, so it softens the blow (and I'm currently saving to get many 3.0 figures for Disney Infinity 3.0's release)

I'm really hoping Duck Hunt will be a Petsmart exclusive sold separately later on.

I hate to imagine WHY people who hated Duck Hunt are getting his figure...

I hate to imagine WHY people who hated Duck Hunt are getting his figure...

Either scalpers or Mariotehplumber-type trolls.

Other answer: Microwaving it.

Another answer: They're the type that must have everything in a set.

I'm just saying, there ARE people that still hate him even after 25+ years...just saying...

You don't see ME with Viridi or Nostalgia Critic based merchandise, you know...I only collect characters I LIKE.

There's not much point in talking about why people who hate Duck Hunt are getting his amiibo. It's fine to mention in passing, but drawing it out is rather pointless. :p

But I can understand getting things in a set. Though I haven't bought any amiibo yet, I really want all the Peach ones though.

The drawback for the Pokémon used in Super Mario Maker is that neither the music nor sound effects are changed, and the sprites are just taken from the walking Pokémon in HeartGold and SoulSilver (excluding Greninja, obviously)...seems TPC is still pretty stingy.

My local store got a trickling of new Amiibo figures in this week: Ganondorf, ZSS, Olimar, and 30th Anniversary Mario. They had the Splatoon 3-packs, but reportedly someone came in and bought all three at once. Boo.

Me, currently have several of the ones I'm likely to play in a given Smash match: Yoshi, Fox, Link, Pac-Man, Megaman, Pikachu and Charizard. I definitely want to pick up a Falco and Lucario at some point, but, well, "good luck with that I guess.

And: Shovel Knight Amiibo

Seriously? That's awesome! (No doubt it will add to the "shovel knight 4 smash 4" crowd.)

They had the Splatoon 3-packs, but reportedly someone came in and bought all three at once. Boo.

Ugh. Those people...

I wish my local stores were more inclined to restock their shelves with the less common Amiibos, but all I see every week are the same ol, same ol. On the subject of Shovel Knight, I expect that one to be really popular. That's another I'd love to my Amiibo collection.

My chances of getting Duck Hunt are nil here in the states, so I pre-ordered one from this online Australian game vendor that doesn't come in the 3-pack with ROB and Mr. Game and Watch. Oh well. I just wanted Duck Hunt so I'm okay with that. =D

My goal is to eventually collect all the Smash series Amiibos, though given how rare so many of them are to find that'll probably take me a while D: So far I only have Zelda, Luigi and Zero Suit Samus (I was lucky to get her because I hadn't even realized she had just launched when I was in Best Buy the other day, and on a whim just decided to buy her since I was afraid I'd never find her again if I didn't), and I also preordered the 3 pack of Duck Hunt/R.O.B./Game & Watch from Gamestop. Only time will tell when I can get all the others :/

I wish my local stores were more inclined to restock their shelves with the less common Amiibos, but all I see every week are the same ol, same ol.
I see that too, but it's unfortunately just how a lot of retail business works ... especially when products are delivered in assortments so stores don't necessarily have control of what specific ones they get, which in turn leads to popular ones running out leaving behind "shelf warmers" for weeks/months at a time. (Pretty sure my local store still has a few first-game Skylander figures on shelf. Seriously.)

It's actually very depressing, makes me glad I work on an assortment-free department (everything has an individual SKU).

Couldn't find anything new...oh well.

I still remember the day I got this beauty in the mail:

12019892_10153179549350922_6099695236803075151_n.jpg

Got a Toad recently, bumping my collection to 12 (15 counting the retro three pack). I'm now looking for Olimar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom