• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Future Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
irst of all, we don't know that there is only one version. Just because a codename referred it to as a "game" doesn't mean that there can't be two versions. We all know that two complementary versions are the same game, so NoA can refer to them however they want in their documents. Gold and Silver were officially referred to as "Pocket Monsters 2" for a good few months in 1997.

Secondly, whatever we're getting will be promoted for at least 7 months. Expecting that much promotion for an expansion game is unreasonable, especially when Zygarde was revealed in September. Lastly, if they were to promote a single version as being player-dependent and thus encourage multiple playthroughs, the few fans who tend to buy two versions would still buy a second copy in this case.

And we don't know when these games. The release could be in the next two months or in a year. We don't know what the next games are. So we can't predict that. An "anniversaty" game like you predict is very unlikely to happen. Releasing a whole new region with a own lore, history etc. for only 2 years would be ridicilous. If this region is linked with an region with little lore and new features, then hyping up that 7 months is also to less. That "Gear" set of the TCG league in September is meant to be the western release if you are refering that.

And I don't specifically mean that they need to list two games instead of one. It's more that two versions are more likely since that would mean more money.

Well its definitely releasing sometime Octomber-November, so a lobg reveal to release period mrans its something special at the least. And considering its anniversary, that special became a but more then special. Maybe even magical. We have a region not quite done with, an anniversary game that could virtually be anyhing, and on top of that, a mythical pokemon that no one can say for sure where it belongs because its so.... Kalosian. God damn is this some hype, not even the XY leadup had this, and it included mothereffin MEGA EVOLUTION.

And we don't know when these games. The release could be in the next two months or in a year.
The verified source from NoA says that we're dealing with a fall release, meaning September-November.

Releasing a whole new region with a own lore, history etc. for only 2 years would be ridicilous.
Says who? Two years should be enough time if we aren't dealing with a self-contained region. Generation V got 3 years, but it had 156 new Pokemon and two separate releases.

If this region is linked with an region with little lore and new features, then hyping up that 7 months is also to less.
Who says that there will be little lore or few new features?

And I don't specifically mean that they need to list two games instead of one. It's more that two versions are more likely since that would mean more money.
As long as it a single release not followed by an expansion game, then I'll think of it as a standalone game regardless of the number of versions.

Meta Boss said:
I think announcing a new region game, a day before the VC games become available, makes no business sense.
If the new region is based on Guyana and Mew's lore is explored, and we get confirmation of that in the trailer, then I don't see the problem. Kanto doesn't have to be the main setting for there to be a connection to the VC games.

Honestly, I think the "special game not part of any generation" makes zero sense, if it involves a new region, lore, pokemon, etc.

They aren't gonna make a region and forget about it with the next game.

If this Anniversary game is the beginning of Gen VII, and is followed by a sequels/etc a year after, thst sounds more plausible.

I mean, we've had anniversaries before.

The 10th Anniversary was bigger, and we got DP for it, not a special game.

My bet, from most likely to least likely:

1. Kalos sequels/third version
2. Kanto Anniversary revisit sequel
3. Gen VII
4. A special game not part of any generation

edit: spoilers cuz I got gif-happy lol

POKEMON DIRECT YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

First I was like.
b0d.gif

But then it hit me that it's almost definitely new game news and I was all.
b5okvgdnyn40zie1f0nz.gif

And of course, no hype news is complete without....

7drHiqrh.jpg

Last edited:
My bet, from most likely to least likely:

1. Kalos sequels/third version
2. Kanto Anniversary revisit sequel
3. Gen VII
4. A special game not part of any generation

I hope that it's option 3 or 4. I've had enough of Kanto. Kalos still needs some work though. But I am not a very big fan of Kalos.

POKEMON DIRECT YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

First I was like.
b0d.gif

But then it hit me that it's almost definitely new game news and I was all.
tumblr_njd858rJ0X1sjmw16o1_500.gif
Why DON'T you want a new game? I mean that's what I get from the gif...

The verified source from NoA says that we're dealing with a fall release, meaning September-November.

Says who? Two years should be enough time if we aren't dealing with a self-contained region. Generation V got 3 years, but it had 156 new Pokemon and two separate releases.

As long as it a single release not followed by an expansion game, then I'll think of it as a standalone game regardless of the number of versions.

If the new region is based on Guyana and Mew's lore is explored, and we get confirmation of that in the trailer, then I don't see the problem. Kanto doesn't have to be the main setting for there to be a connection to the VC games.
Yes, Guyana would be the solution, but pretty much the only non Kanto solution imo.

I am glad that it will be one game and not two with version exculsives where you have to trade. I don't have anyone to trade with, so yeah.

I had another thought, what if its Pokemon Zero? As in its still Kalos, but also Kanto, because zero is like the start. Or something. But yeah, Pokemon Zero sounds lile a good name.

Then Ten Years down the line Masuda gets fired and makes Mighty Ballmon, a souless kickstarter funded clone that gets delayed a hundred times but will still make bank.

And yet you placed a Kalos game as being the most likely to happen.
I meant the only solution for not screwing VC marketing are Kanto or Guyana but GF could screw it though. Kalos would be plain Gen VI game.

Kanto and Guyana would be the only options to support VC instead of distract from it. But Kalos, although distracting players from VC, is still the most likely option imo, although not something im too interested in, personally.

Last edited:
he verified source from NoA says that we're dealing with a fall release, meaning September-November.

And yet still it's only a leak. There's nothing that confirm a fall release.

ays who? Two years should be enough time if we aren't dealing with a self-contained region. Generation V got 3 years, but it had 156 new Pokemon and two separate releases.

Because Gen 5 got two releases focusing on Unova with BW already covering the most stuff and BW2 enhancing the plot. And that took 3 years. If they want to release another game in 2017 directly after that and Gen 7 in 2018, then the possiblity of them rushing these game is high. Especially if XY and ORAS needed the whole GF staff instead splitting them into two teams for them to work on seperate projects like they did with Platinum and HG/SS.

Because new regions and a new pokemon game that isn't only a third version like Platinum or a remake need plot for the storyline and even the crosses between regions need an explanation and some leadstring. And especially new legendary need explanation. If not in the 2016 game, then in the 2017 follow up game. And if not there, then we have both Kalos and 2016 region as two unfinished regions by the time the 7th gen is announced.

It's so unlikely. that they will bring every region + a new one in one game. Levelcap would be horrible, storyline would be absolute mess, 7 regions in one would be too much etc. And the idea of the "ultimate pokemon game" would mean, that a part of the potential people who will buy these games would flame about the follow up games would be as big as the 20th anniversary games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom