• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Future Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so excited.

Please dont let us down Game Freak. We need something. I'll honestly take any new main series game at this point xD

Seriously this is the perfect time for a new game announcement and Id be really surprised if we didnt get one, I think we definately will. Seems its probably this 20th anniversery game, looking forward to seeing it.

Well the main site does say tune in for big news, so what can it be besides a game announcement? And anyway, its Pokemon Day. You just know they are going to make it hype as hellm

I will be glad when they finally reveal this new game... That way, all the fighting here will be over... And sent into a new speculatory thread about the new game that would probably be much more healthier to discuss.

Anyways, I have a question: I know everyone has their own sense of 'Pokemon 'Future Sight'. If what you all truly predicted would happen did not happen, would you actually admit to your mistakes of your Future Sights to the people of this forum? I know I would, but I think this is important to me to hear from you all, as I feel the round-about speculation discussions are kind of pointless... Unless it is super important to have true 'Pokemon Future Sight'.

I will just see whatever happens happen, and hope the new game, whenever it comes out, will be straight out awesome!

Magearna is definitely gonna be in the games, its likely THE 20th anniversary postermon besides the Box Mascot. I wonder if there is going to be some new capturing mechanic and Magearna's event has some Pokeball Lore to go with it.

Unless it is super important to have true "Pokemon Future Sight".
It really isn't that important to have that clairvoyance for Pokémon, and prediction of the future of video games in general, really. Some people just want to feel good about themselves, though, and hey - there's no harm in speculation! We just let the more level headed among ourselves destroy the hopes & dreams of the radicals until at least one of them is proven right! It's an endless cycle, but we all live and breathe it. It's this kind of discussion that passes down by word of mouth to other places so that one may have a comprehensive look at the opinions of others, and form their own judgement based on that, and that's how Nintendo promotes their material.

It really isn't that important to have that clairvoyance for Pokémon, and prediction of the future of video games in general, really. Some people just want to feel good about themselves, though, and hey - there's no harm in speculation! We just let the more level headed among ourselves destroy the hopes & dreams of the radicals until at least one of them is proven right! It's an endless cycle, but we all live and breathe it. It's this kind of discussion that passes down by word of mouth to other places so that one may have a comprehensive look at the opinions of others, and form their own judgement based on that, and that's how Nintendo promotes their material.

As much as you can say this - and that it might as well be a good 'Speculator's Creed," I also think admittance to being wrong in your predictions is important and healthy, too in this discussion. (y)

As much as you can say this - and that it might as well be a good 'Speculator's Creed," I also think admittance to being wrong in your predictions is important and healthy, too in this discussion. (y)
Indeed! Some don't know how to give up, though, lol

Now, to contribute something to my thoughts on this Direct if I haven't already... I just hope I'm awake at that point in time, haha. I'm in Australia so it shouldn't be a problem, but for some reason my trip to Asia has severely altered my sleep schedule to the point where I may be a true nocturnal (even though my body obviously rejects it). I'm definitely leaning towards the Pokémon 20 banner being on it, but no matter what it is, I want to just talk about it when it appears. My preference would be a closure to Kalos, but I'm not sure if we need "South" Kalos.

I just hope that... certain recent events don't affect the decision of this game's direction. (I won't mention it out of respect, even if it has been a while since they happened, but you should know what I'm talking about in relation to the region based on France.) Watch Game Freak put in a reference to it anyway...

I'll apologize now for any unnecessary hype I may have caused. I just want to see something about a new game!

The direct is airing the day I have an assignment due. And I don't finish until 4pm. ORZ. I'm hoping for more than just the logo and possibly boxart and release date. Something like a few seconds gameplay footage, even if it's just the protagonist walking through a route or whatever, is better than just "Pokémon 20th Anniversary Game!" in my opinion.

Since Magearna's announcement, do you all think it will have new Pokemon? I would hope so. It doesnt have to be too many, Id take 20-30 and it'd be great(personally Im hoping for one to be an Eeveelution)
I'd like least 30, because then Kalos as a whole will have 100 native Pokémon, albeit separated by mountains. 70 is too small a number.

Anyways, I have a question: I know everyone has their own sense of 'Pokemon 'Future Sight'. If what you all truly predicted would happen did not happen, would you actually admit to your mistakes of your Future Sights to the people of this forum?
That reminds of before BW's prerelease. One of the CoroCoro scans had a screenshot of Chargestone Cave, and I recall at least one person thinking "Maybe that blue cave is where we'll catch Zekrom".

Anyways, I have a question: I know everyone has their own sense of 'Pokemon 'Future Sight'. If what you all truly predicted would happen did not happen, would you actually admit to your mistakes of your Future Sights to the people of this forum?

Sure, I can admit when I'm wrong. But then, I have tried to be consistent in that I never flat-out reject anything as a possibility. I have what I think is likely, and what I think is unlikely, and I try to explain why I feel that way, and question the reasoning behind the alternative conclusions.

Still, if Z/a Kalos game rolls out, then yeah, I was wrong. Egg all over this ugly mug.

Last edited:
So a Direct is coming? Probably just a spin-off game or the type and ability of Magearna. Not expecting a game announcement this month and perhaps the next.

I won't be awake for this lol, my college sleep schedule demands me to sleep past noon Fridays, I'm sure I'll come back to a thread with over 100 new pages and theories with bickering sprinkled every so often. Best wishes!

This is a Pokemon Direct with "big news" on midnight of the 20th anniversary.
The last big news was Magearna and the big news before that was Volcanion. It may be big news but the big news can be more than just a game. If it is a game announcement then that is great but I am not expecting one to be honest.

6 new pages since I last logged on. That's what I get for oversleeping.

Anyway, Pokemon Direct promising big news? WAHOO!

I've taken a pessimistic approach recently to expecting announcements but the only two other pokemon directs we've had . . .

-announced X/Y
-Announced mega's for kanto starters and pokebank

The timing of the direct, paired with the leaked release schedule go hand in hand. They wouldn't do a direct just to announce the typing of a pokemon when we don't even know what game its in.

The last big news was Magearna and the big news before that was Volcanion. It may be big news but the big news can be more than just a game. If it is a game announcement then that is great but I am not expecting one to be honest.
They won't let us down on midnight of the 20th anniversary in Japan. That would be quite the milestone (in a bad way). Even in the off chance that it isn't a game, it's not an insignificant announcement.

There was one person on this forum that cared about being right above all else and thankfully they seem to have been banned. I think everyone else is fine speculating and accepting if they are wrong. I know I am. We should all just be excited for the Direct really. I don't know why being right and being wrong has become a discussion when it doesn't matter at all.

@Alexander We will get game announcement from this, so don't worry about being let down. Feel free to be hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom