• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Future Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think @Slife still has a good point though. I'm in agreement with it mostly because that's kind of the same impression I got from Xerneas VS Yveltal. Yveltal isn't really "evil", but I think that's what the overall concept and theme around it is... and even if you look, some real-world cultures do view death as something associated with "evil"(and I agree due to my personal beliefs, but I'm not gonna go there here and now). IIRC, the Dark-type in the Japanese language is even called Evil-type, which is incidentally one of Yveltal's typings.
It isn't evil as much as underhanded. Its why Fighting is SE against Dark, because proper technique beats dirty fighting, justice prevails etc. Dark type for Yveltal only really fits if you go for the evil glowing red death bird angle, which is pretty childish. I'd go as far as to say Yveltal is the better of the two legendaries, Death at the very least is something of the naural order. Xerneas and its immortalkty schtick is the real evil of the two. That is were I like the fact that itsna Fairy type those things were always dicks in mythology and fairy tales irl, and I want more of that angle then Fairy is the cute pink type.

I think @Slife still has a good point though. I'm in agreement with it mostly because that's kind of the same impression I got from Xerneas VS Yveltal. Yveltal isn't really "evil", but I think that's what the overall concept and theme around it is... and even if you look, some real-world cultures do view death as something associated with "evil"(and I agree due to my personal beliefs, but I'm not gonna go there here and now). IIRC, the Dark-type in the Japanese language is even called Evil-type, which is incidentally one of Yveltal's typings.

The connotation of "Evil type" is less "mwahaha, drink baby's blood" and more "throw sand in your opponent's eyes during a fight." Yveltal isn't classified as an Evil type just because "death is evil" - again, that's just a part of nature and the life cycle. In X/Y, a life without death is suggested to be a horrible fate. Yveltal is an Evil type because it actively drains the energies of others; it takes, instead of gives, and that's a selfish virtue. It's a vulture, like Mandibuzz who is also an Evil type.

Equally one could say that Xerneas's association with life energy isn't inherently good. The Fairy type certainly isn't aligned with "good" all around. Mawile is a deceiver, Aromatisse uses unpleasant odors in order to gain an edge in battle (rather a bit like the Evil type, I must say), and Klefki is a kleptomaniac little prankster. Even Xerneas's own power is, again, said to have a negative extreme. As a whole, the Fairy type seems to have more to do with ethereal qualities and a harmonious relationship with nature, which is very much in line with Xerneas as a giver.

To be specific, look at how Pokémon are moved from one generation to the next - via transfer, not trade*. This is because the game engine is unique for each generation.
This is where we have to consider what The Pokémon Company wants to do with Pokémon Bank. The major reason they want you to pay for the sub service is to maintain compatibility with future games. It would be such a waste to make it a forward-only deal with XYORAS in terms of sending your Pokémon over to Sun & Moon! They could simply program it like they did with XY to ORAS - the Pokémon can't be pulled into the games they're incompatible with, by moves or by species, and while it's obviously gonna cause rage because no game patches for past Generations, I think this is the best solution that will make full use of Pokémon Bank's capabilities.
I'm surprised that no one has made any references to Sailor Moon for Pokémon Moon
I'm more surprised we haven't made a Majora's Mask "Dawn of the Final Day" yet, even though the announcement of the Direct didn't give us enough time for a full countdown!
Why not Team Dawn, Team Dusk?
Everyone uses Pokémon that evolve using Dusk and Dawn stones.
Light and darkness don't exactly play into "give and take," at least not immediately.
This reminds me of Bayonetta, actually, with the conflict of Angels vs. Demons and how neither of them are really on the good side - especially during Bayonetta 2 (with the influence of a certain someone causing Inferno to go berserk).

This is where we have to consider what The Pokémon Company wants to do with Pokémon Bank. The major reason they want you to pay for the sub service is to maintain compatibility with future games. It would be such a waste to make it a forward-only deal with XYORAS in terms of sending your Pokémon over to Sun & Moon! They could simply program it like they did with XY to ORAS - the Pokémon can't be pulled into the games they're incompatible with, by moves or by species, and while it's obviously gonna cause rage because no game patches for past Generations, I think this is the best solution that will make full use of Pokémon Bank's capabilities.

Good point. I hadn't considered the Bank.

Everyone uses Pokémon that evolve using Dusk and Dawn stones.

Dusk - Honchkrow, Mismagius, Chandelure, Aegislash

Dawn - Gallade, Froslass

Well I mean... I guess Team Aqua/Magma didn't use a lot more than that...

(Although really, the opposite of the Dusk Stone is the Shiny Stone, hence the more similar shapes, equal numbers of candidates (4), and their Japanese names, "Dark Stone" and "Light Stone," whereas the Dawn Stone is known as the "Awakening Stone.")

Last edited:
Isn't Ghost-type more "evil" than Dark-type?
Gengar purposely misleads you, pretends to be your shadow.
Misdreavus plays mischievous tricks at night.

If there is one team, I really hope that they aren't called Team Eclipse.

That's it. The next teams are team Edward and team Jacob. Team Edward wants to destroy the sun so nobody finds out vampires are sparkly, and team Jacob wants to destroy the moon so werewolves can live in peace.

Ok, last guess before I go to bed and then wake up to either 5 minutes of heaven or 5 minutes of hell, depending on my health in the aftermath and/or during:

Games that act as tie-ins to both XY and ORAS.

See y'all later on the shit tr-HYPE TRAIN, I MEANT HYPE TRAIN.

I want Team Gravitational Waves... how long until it's confirmed?

7 hours and 31 minutes if my timing is right...

Last edited:
Oh man today's the day, I'm so happy the Direct's at 4 PM here so I don't have to stay up or get up early or whatever :D

Also, a bit late but... #TeamFire for the win! (most of the time)

And I don't know which version I would choose, Moon's logo definitely looks cooler, but it also very much depends on the version exclusives and potential other differences between the versions.
As for the mascot typings, I'd go Fire/Grass and Dark/Fairy. Both are unused typings and would be pretty exciting.

Dark/Fairy YES PLEASE that sounds so awesome D:
Will anyone actually be awake or free when the direct is on? Putting it on a midnight in Japan, who's going to be up at midnight?

You'd be surprised how many people are awake at midnight on Friday night, especially when a Pokémon Direct is happening ;)

Dark/Fairy, Ghost/Fairy all sounds awesome XD I'm looking forward to Mega Mismagius, btw, if they're doing extra megas

6 hours left :D

I wish it was at midnight here, I'm awake at midnight every day. It would be more exciting for me to stay up, but I'm not allowed to, I only have permission to wake up for the Direct :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, what do you think will happen with starters, type wise? Will we get dual types with Ghost, Dark and Fairy? I think that'd be cool, but it's pretty unlikely.

I wish it was at midnight, I'm awake at midnight every day.

Anyway, what do you think will happen with starters, type wise? Will we get dual types with Ghost, Dark and Fairy? I think that'd be cool.

The only downside is that Ghost isn't super effective against Fairy. Although, I would like to see it.
Personally, however, that would create a gloomy feel to the game. Maybe one dark/ghost, a fairy and a neutral (like steel, ground, rock, electric?)

It's 10 PM on my zone.. So it wont be too late or too early for me..

I am just hoping for a decent Fire-type starter. I haven't seen one at all yet. Before anyone asks, I don't like Blaziken, Charizard or Infernape. The only starter so far that I like is Sceptile.

Mine's at 2am. I for one have never been completely awake a 2am. I guess 6:30 will have to do. I just know that I'll wake up to 25 pages of posts tomorrow, go to sport, come back and read another 10 pages.

^^ I liked Infernape and Charizard. But a new, fresh fire type would be cool. Maybe a fire/electric?

Well I actually came down ill last night. Went to bed early, hoping to feel better after a sleep and I've woke feeling just as bad. :/ Hopefully the news later perks me up a bit.

Also regarding the evil team's plans, given there's eclipses in both logos I think it could be more about planetary alignments (and maybe they cause some sort of cliche effect/power surge idk or maybe they cause the sun/moon mascots to appear so they can catch them) and the eclipse themselves than trying to destroy the sun/moon. If Game Freak are stupid enough to make them want to destroy the sun I'll honestly just give in expecting anything from them.

The only downside is that Ghost isn't super effective against Fairy. Although, I would like to see it.
Personally, however, that would create a gloomy feel to the game. Maybe one dark/ghost, a fairy and a neutral (like steel, ground, rock, electric?)

That's fair enough, I guess. But to me, I think if they welcome Dark and Ghost types more, it would show that Pokemon has grown in its twenty years. If there's no Dark Gym in these games, a part of me will die for all eternity.

How many pages do you think we'll make by morning? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom