• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your hopes for sun and moon

Completly agree.

XY battle theme were dizzing, and too happy go luck. I would love more songs Like N castle, the epic champion songs for the first four games, and the first three games where there was more "somber" songs in the caves, forests, villain hideout that made me thrill

Agree as well. After my first playthrough of X, I never listened to the music again. Wasn't that great.

I would love for a new type of battle challenge. In the maison, my friend and I love doing the super multi mode. I would LOVE if they had a new mode, a combination between triple and multi. Let me team up with two friends and take down 3 computer characters! Obviously, this wouldn't work with normal wifi battles or anything cuz they don't let more than 4 players connect.

Speaking of music, I'd like it if the musical style of the tracks was a bit more uniform and in line with the setting, rather than the grab bag we usually get. XY was a bit of a move in this direction, but it would make the experience that much more immersive to make the music even more thematically linked.

-more serious plot akin to b/w. I had hoped for this in X/Y and while it was somewhat interesting, it's quite what I would have liked.
-day/night cycles.
-more exploration/less linearity
-not ugly starters
-designs more akin to gens 1-4

1. Trainer customization!!! (Bring it back!)
2. More fairy types!
3. New Mega Evolutions! Give one to Raichu already!
4. A story reminiscent of Black and White
5. A dark type gym!
6. Gym leaders who do something again!
7. More Pokemon-Amie mini games!
8. More pokemon that evolve with a Thunder Stone!
9. Another fairy type gym!
10. New Eevee evolutions!
11. More new Pokemon!

> No Dark type Gym. Keep it the most unique type like that.

> A Poison-type legend would be nice though.

> Amazing Mega for Pokémon that need them (Raticate, Persian, Corsola, Ledian and many many more) and not for already solid Pokémon.

> A way to breed useful instances of weaker Pokémon. My idea is simply to give some species a small chance of being hatched as "Gifted" and thus getting a stat point for every 2 EVs instead of 4. Then again, they could overhaul the whole EV/IV/whatnot system this time to better prepare for the Virtual Console Pokémon.

> Lots of new type combos, hopefully not for legends-only though.

> As few legends as possible.

> No Electric type Gym, come on.

> Kalos-like wild variety and big dex.

> Some split-evolutions. I miss those. Preferably type-changing, like a pure Poison type evolving into Poison/X or Poison/Y.

> HMs not being the case. There are ways to temporarily block our paths without wasting one of our precious moveslots. Heck, have the main character themselves learn to swim at some point.

> Lots and lots of changes. The games are fun, I love them, but some things are problematic. Like Speed being the be-all end-all stat in competitive. Or Grass, Bug and Ice being pretty awful. Or hail or Trick Room or Terrains being too difficult to pull of and/or just not worth it. But mostly the way how the battle system makes about 85% of Pokémon useless. Sure, I have no idea what could be done to include more Pokémon - would have to be something drastic and drastic means both unlikely and controversial - but hey, we're listing hopes here.

Ape Pokemon.

I don't care what anyone says, Slaking does not count.

Also maybe a fly or mosquito bug Pokemon, because I'm surprised they haven't already made one.

InfernAPE doesn't either?
I do agree on a Mosquito Pokémon. It's a perfect opportunity for a Bug/Dark combo.
Infernape is a monkey.

Apes are primates that lack a tail. Examples: Chimpanzee, gorilla, orangutan, bonobo, gibbon.

SO MANY.

But my main one is player character customisation. Please, GF.

Same, tbh. Character customization, especially in a game like Pokemon, is a NECESSITY. We need character customization in this day and age. Especially for skin/eye color, but clothing/accessories should be included too. The trainer is supposed to be YOU. It's offensive to not have other races available, especially.

Would also love to see many type chart fixes, stronger and longer story, difficulty modes at the beginning, stronger game differences, about 70-100 new Pokemon, cel-shaded graphics similar to Wind Waker (or at least trash the blandness of Gen VI, include all of the great features of the PokeNav from ORAS and improve them even, new Megas and new regular evolutions, and hopefully a large post-game during which you travel to Kalos so we can have a Kalos revisit and a wrap up of Zygarde's story and maybe even AZ/Azoth.

Last edited:
Same, tbh. Character customization, especially in a game like Pokemon, is a NECESSITY. We need character customization in this day and age. Especially for skin/eye color, but clothing/accessories should be included too. The trainer is supposed to be YOU. It's offensive to not have other races available, especially.
I really hope they keep this too.

Game Freak has a habit of introducing cool new concepts and elements to their games, only to get removed in the next main pair. It's happened with things like time-based encounters, seasons, and other such features. I highly suspect things like Pokemon Amie is not going to make a come back.

Isn't Primeape an ape?

Maybe not offensive, but inconsiderate. Even more so now that they've actually included the feature. I think that when there was no customisation at all, it wasn't a complaint as much, as it's all we knew. But now that we've had it, removing it again would feel...kinda like being left out.

Honestly, customisation was one of my favourite pieces of X/Y. I spent so many hours raising the money I needed for the clothes I wanted to buy, and the mega stones I needed to buy after the prices went down. Spent even longer just changing my clothes so I could run around in what I thought looked cute.

Even if they had to re-use X/Y's customisation options, I'd take it over nothing at all. Ideally they'd have a vastly expanded range of options.

Would also love to see many type chart fixes, stronger and longer story, difficulty modes at the beginning, stronger game differences, about 70-100 new Pokemon, cel-shaded graphics similar to Wind Waker (or at least trash the blandness of Gen VI, include all of the great features of the PokeNav from ORAS and improve them even, new Megas and new regular evolutions.

Think I just slobbered on my keys a lil bit. Ha. :p

Seriously though, stronger game differences is what I've always wanted. It started in B/W, I'd love to see them continue it from there. Make it really worth my while to buy both versions.

1. Protagonist customization p l s [edit] WITH MORE OPTIONS! How was red hair not an option last time? How were glasses not an option?
  2. Probably wishful thinking, but at least one gay or bi character. Doesn't even have to be a major character, doesn't have to be a big thing; I'd be happy with a family in some random house that just happens to have two moms or two dads.
  3. More Inverse Battles
  4. ONLINE INVERSE BATTLES
  5. More minigames for Pokemon-Amie (...we're keeping Pokemon-Amie, right?)

Last edited:
Probably wishful thinking, but at least one gay or bi character. Doesn't even have to be a major character, doesn't have to be a big thing; I'd be happy with a family in some random house that just happens to have two moms or two dads.
Sadly unlikely to happen, but I can get behind this either way!

Have mega evolution and customization be some of the only features that return from x and y. Honestly x and y are my least favorite main series games(to say the least.) and if gf keeps up with the mentality they had when they made x and y I may be done with gf made pokemon games for a looooong time.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom