• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
I think it would be interesting to see some of the prototypes become real pokemon. I think that's what they were playing for when they decided to go with at least the fire bear...people wanting an actual Honoguma or a Kurusu. I say they succeeded in that, but they still messed up in a bunch of other places. That is unless they weren't trying to be convincing and just took advantage of everyone's gullibility and hoped they wouldn't remember Skiddo and Gogoat.

While I do admit that the trainer designs look noting like the Sugimori style, I do like how the trainers not only look older than how they usually are, but they look more like teens/young adults than the usual bright and energetic looking pre-teens we normally get. The outfits on the trainers look non-traditional as well as opposed to how the main character's outfits usually look in a Pokemon game, as they look a lot more realistic as to how someone in real life would dress if they were going on an adventure, when we usually get protagonists more colorful outfits that you wouldn't really see anyone wear in real life. I like how the trainers here look more realistic, wearing the kind of outfits you'd most likely see a Pokemon trainer wear in real life as opposed to how they look in the actual franchise.

It's as if whoever made this leak made a more realistic approach to the player designs rather than using the traditional design aspects of the player characters, but it's most likely that the way the canon protagonists look is that they'll likely use the same design aspects we always see in player characters: a red hat and blue/black shirt for the male protagonist with black colored pants, and will probably look similar to Red in appearance (like it's been for three generations in a row), while the female most likely has a pink and black/white outfit and a short dress/skirt with long white socks. It would be nice if they broke that pattern for once.

They took a more realistic approach because they knew people were tired of the same ol' generic Red/Leaf based designs. They went with what people wanted to see and ran with it. But by doing that they made it less convincing unless you squint really hard. The thing is, if they wanted to make it 100% believable they would have gone with stereotypical design. They're what people were expecting and they should have decided to cash in on that instead of going in the other direction.

At least the XY "leaks" kept the art style relatively close to the official art with the longer eyes, actual noses, and of course faces in the right place. These trainers look like either non-Sugimori designed spin off game characters or they were trying for Megumi Mizutani-style that fell kind of flat due to the prospective issues. I also stand by my "they're too clean" statement.

These fake leak makers are inherently trolls, so they could have made a grass goat starter just to try to get a reaction like, "But we just had skiddo!" and see people annoyed or complain, thinking it's real. I know I don't see the fun in trying to incite anger and outrage, but trolls live off it.

They want to show ideas? maybe people would want to see them , but not if they say they are real.
Trollz lack of confidence or even overconfidence can be the answer of fake leaks.
I rather like when people are honest with each other.

I think it would be interesting to see some of the prototypes become real pokemon. I think that's what they were playing for when they decided to go with at least the fire bear...people wanting an actual Honoguma or a Kurusu. I say they succeeded in that, but they still messed up in a bunch of other places. That is unless they weren't trying to be convincing and just took advantage of everyone's gullibility and hoped they wouldn't remember Skiddo and Gogoat.

They took a more realistic approach because they knew people were tired of the same ol' generic Red/Leaf based designs. They went with what people wanted to see and ran with it. But by doing that they made it less convincing unless you squint really hard. The thing is, if they wanted to make it 100% believable they would have gone with stereotypical design. They're what people were expecting and they should have decided to cash in on that instead of going in the other direction.

At least the XY "leaks" kept the art style relatively close to the official art with the longer eyes, actual noses, and of course faces in the right place. These trainers look like either non-Sugimori designed spin off game characters or they were trying for Megumi Mizutani-style that fell kind of flat due to the prospective issues. I also stand by my "they're too clean" statement.

I do wish they did try to make the player designs more realistic like the ones in the fake leaks here rather than the same generic cookie-cutter Red and Leaf based designs we've had since Gen 1, but you know that's probably never going to happen, we're probably going to be stuck with the usual player character design aspects this generation this generation, another Red lookalike for the male and another girl with a dress and long white socks for the female. It would be nice if they changed things up a bit.

Also, I like that fake X/Y rival you showed there FAR more than the actual canon rivals we got in Gen 6, the canon rivals honestly bored me in both their designs and personality, so I hope we get something better this generation.

I just have one request for anyone leaking Sun/Moon information.

Makes two of us, to be quite honest. It would save us all a lot of trouble but I don't ever see that happening. =/
So...these are a thing. /vp/ - Sun and Moon Starters - Pokémon - 4chan

http://i.********/vp/1457682339438.jpg
The bear is totes adorbs--dear Primus, what did I just type!--and I love the female PC's design. She's really cute and the freckles are a great touch. It's really too bad that these are probably fake as all get-out.

I have to be honest, I both love and hate this part of the lead up. I love getting the legit leaks, as it sometimes helps with the dry spells between CoroCoro releases but I don't really like the fake ones. With the fake ones, I feel like I'm being trolled massively and I don't like that. Especially if I see something that I really like in the fake posts; it makes me feel like I'm being set up for disappointment. I likes me some legit news, thank you.

I don't know. Far be it for me to know a fake leaker's motives, but some of them are so beautifully done that I find it hard to see it as just plain trolling. Especially if they're dropped in an anonymous way.

Now those people who join a forum and say 'here is a list of things that will be confirmed next Wednesday, just wait and see' and then Wednesday rolls around and they're like 'LOL gotcha'...yeah, that's straight up trolling. There's no point to that beyond attention seeking.

But the fake magazine scans or 'prototype' art where obviously hours of work has gone into designing and drawing new Pokemon, and trainers? I almost kind of feel like the intent isn't some cruel deception, but instead to get people to share in the artist's vision of what they want from the new games, and for a little while (however long it takes for the shitty Japanese to be pointed out, LOL) everyone in the fandom believes that their vision might be the real vision. If it is a practical joke on the fandom then it's one that offers fun and speculation, and it's a victimless crime, given that everyone knows to take these things with a pinch of salt.

Hey, maybe I'm psychoanalysing way too deep and all the fake leakers are just jerks who like building up our hopes only to see us disappointed :p but I want to believe better about this fandom. There's fun and excitement inherent in leaks, and pre-release season wouldn't be the same without them.

It is amazing how we can get fake leaks before April Fool's day. Some of the fake leaks look excellent even though they are fake.

It is amazing how we can get fake leaks before April Fool's day. Some of the fake leaks look excellent even though they are fake.
It's not really that amazing. We get these kinds of fakes all the time. A lot of people put effort into it, but they usually mess up in a few things. The japanese is the biggest mistake I see most often.

It's kind of funny, whoever made these recent fake scans had actually been preparing for a while. In the week before the leaks were supposed to come out he/she made multiple posts on /vp/ posting sketches of the starters that they'd later go on to "reveal". They built it up quite a bit.

Man, it's only been like three weeks since S/M were revealed and we've already had dozens of starter fakes going around. I can only imagine what the next few months is going to be like. . . ..

some people like to waste their precious time?

I recalled one time when I totally absorbed in making fakemons. We just want to make our ideal pokemon and hope for GF to maybe lurking around, think that we are genius and pick our ideas.

I made some Fire Elephant pokemon and me and my friends have idea about region based on India...

would be better te send ideas to them and make them do a tournament for best drawings.

would be better te send ideas to them and make them do a tournament for best drawings.
Yeah I could get behind that lol. Have qualifiers to make sure we only get the best artists. Time to start funding for a Leak Tournament. :LOL:

Sadly, that's unlikely for Nintendo to do this. Corporate policy forbids them from using fan submitted ideas. That's why they don't have contests like this very often.

To submit your ideas:
1.) Get an internship at Nintendo and/or Gamefreak.
2.) Share your ideas with Sugimori.
3.) ???
4.) Get a shout out after the pokemon becomes a reality.

Seriously though...I really wouldn't want fan idea contests to be a real thing. Some of the fakes are great and all (Sadfish, the lemur, the fire bear, other fakemon that aren't used in fake leaks), but in all honestly they're either not good enough to be real or too good to be real. Besides I kind of get the feeling that the more creative suggestions would be drowned out by all the psychic dolphins and fairy unicorns or stuff from the creepy side of the fanbase that want more sexy pokemon.

EDIT TO SAVE SPACE:

tumblr_o3studqDVv1szuigoo1_1280.jpg

Found on Tumblr, posted on the 9th. It seems the steel Eeveelution is being passed around again.

Last edited:
EDIT TO SAVE SPACE:

tumblr_o3studqDVv1szuigoo1_1280.jpg

Found on Tumblr, posted on the 9th. It seems the steel Eeveelution is being passed around again.

That steel eeveelution looks terrible IMO. It neither looks steel nor like an eevee.

Back
Top Bottom