• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia MCH Multiverse Mafia! ENDGAME (TOWN WIN); 6/16/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DrumBeats It's early on in a slow game, really? Those posts were to play to my post restriction while actually trying to move things along.

Sorry, I've been away all day, swimming, doing homework, and baking cookies. Will be responding to a number of things in the next 45 minutes, but overall I am dissatisfied to see that I am still being wagoned, especially after Zexy flipping town with me as his number one townread. I hate the miller role and I claimed early for two reasons: because it's standard practice, and because I wanted to get it over with so I could move on with the game. I had no way of knowing that there would be "two millers," if that is even the case, as I am not scum.

Thus @TheCapsFan Did you remember the hammering rule or did you think that it was normal voting rules? Be honest please.

I thought that it was normal voting rules. I actually forgot that Elieson was a cohost for this game; if I had remembered this, I would have remembered the hammer role, as he likes to use it in his games (personally I'm not a big fan of it)

How would scum know that either? They would have to have a night action that they get immediate results on.

Good question, I don't know. My bad, I guess I was just getting my forums mixed up. We don't do N0 actions here.

VOTE: TheCapsFan

FA brought up some interesting points against him, and the idea of him and DB being scumbuddies is interesting as well. Also saying you won't be around for the end of phase and leaving a vote with absolutely no reasoning behind it is just strange, especially when it's on a known active player who usually points out basically everything. Gosh this seems like an OMGUS

I'm sorry that I have a busy life and wasn't around for EOD. I'm also sorry that I had no reads and decided to not let my vote go to waste by RVS without knowing that it was hammer.

However, I do still think that TheCapsFan is the most suspicious player, even aside from the scumbuddy theory. He voted Midorikawa for practically no reason that I can tell, never answered why he did even after myself and a few other people iirc brought it up in posts (but he has posted since then, about the PR power role/post restriction thing). He never explained why he didn't vote Zexy when his posts implied that he had at least a slight scumread on him, and it is possible that he wanted to avoid being responsible for a mislynch now that we know Zexy was town. WIFOM would protect him in killing Zexy since "why kill someone a person who defended them a bit?" Even claiming miller first isn't really helping, because he says that its a common town play to do as miller, but for that very reason, it could also work to scum's advantage if it is expected of town and saves them from copchecks.

VOTE: TheCapsFan

How many times did I say I plugged the names into a random generator and picked the top one to vote? Like two hundred. So to say that I NEVER ANSWERED why I voted is ridiculous.

Looking back, I'm fairly certain my suspicions on Zexy were for being hypocritical of his normal play style (he is a fan of millers claiming D1) but then the whole situation with two millers arose, and Zexy backed me for doing it, so there was no substance to the read. Zexy is hard to read and I'm really paranoid of him when I'm town, because of the fact he's hard to read.

Claiming miller as scum is risky especially in a MCH game because he likes the role and uses it a lot. Not to mention that it is an almost standard role on this forum, as is Godfather.

Recently, Millers have been incredibly powerful (see Monty Python, It's All About ME, or my personal favorite Miller, in Murder She Wrote 2). Scum might've thought the risk is worth the gain in this case.

With that in mind, Vote: TheCapsFan

Lol, this is just a bad vote in general. I've already said, I'm just plain old shitty Miller. No special things about me here, aside from the fact I like donuts.

So I'm not the only one with little idea what to say. >w<
Vote: TheCapsFan
This should move things along a little, I think...?

This is blending and another bad vote, especially because it seems like you didn't really read D1.

Sorry for the saltiness, typos, and harshenss. I still love you guys, but it's 1AM, my computer's shutting off, and it really just sucks to come back from a long day to log into Bulba and find 8 notifications, most of them mentions from a mafia game in which I'm being wagoned on. It's just a really bad feeling.

I did find some old WALK THE MOON music so I've been listening to that all evening, while working.

A bit defensive imo when Zexy said already that he did not wish to lynch either but between the two he thought Mido was worse. This reaction does not fit that level of suspicion imo.
Midorikawa asked him to explain his reasons for preferring one person over another. If it had been any other name then she still would have done the same. Midorikawa hates showing suspicion or the like on anyone with no explanation because it helps no one.

DrumBeats said:
Am I the only one that gets pinged hard by this? Midori posted this just a bit before Zexy died, and this post feels like Midori knows Zexy was going to die, and wanted to be able to defend against the rest of his opinions before his death. Why would he need to share it for future hypothetical use if he was not in danger?
Midorikawa realizes how that can sound, but that's just the word choice she chose. IT's awkward as heck writing in third person, and outside of that she was just pushing for him to answer her questions. As she said above, she hates lack of reasoning, and she hates her questions going unanswered.

DrumBeats said:
Coming from someone who never voted.
Did Midorikawa claim to have voted? No. Difference is Caps voted with absolutely no reasoning, and gave no explanation outside of it being random, and then disappeared for the end of the phase. And honestly Midorikawa almost voted as she forgot about the hammer rule and was going to vote Caps then. But she hates voting someone who can't defend themselves. So she chose not to vote because there wasn't anyone else that stuck out to her.

DrumBeats said:
Townreading this post, it all feels genuine. Only thing I don't like here is critique of Caps's vote when FA posted at EoD with no vote.
FA's vote was on Caps at the end of the day.

4/6 votes needed actually.
Midorikawa missed leetic's my bad.
I thought that it was normal voting rules. I actually forgot that Elieson was a cohost for this game; if I had remembered this, I would have remembered the hammer role, as he likes to use it in his games (personally I'm not a big fan of it)
Thus that means you were voting under the impression that your vote could lead to a lynch. Midorikawa is known for her wallposts and being active and asking questions, thus taking her out would help mafia since more posts could go unnoticed.
I'm sorry that I have a busy life and wasn't around for EOD. I'm also sorry that I had no reads and decided to not let my vote go to waste by RVS without knowing that it was hammer.
Being aware of when you'll be around and what effect your vote can have is important. Not being careful with it can hurt town.

Caps said:
How many times did I say I plugged the names into a random generator and picked the top one to vote? Like two hundred. So to say that I NEVER ANSWERED why I voted is ridiculous.
Not once actually. You said Midorikawa was random but she doesn't remember seeing you explain how. If she's wrong then please show her and everyone else these 200 times.

UNVOTE: TheCapsFan

Midorikawa doesn't want to risk someone hammering before there has been enough discussion. There is still like 24 hours left so we have time to talk this out. Caps is not off the hook with her though.

Trying to get adjusted to summer classes which means I need to to manage my time wisely.

leetic doesn't seem scummy, yes, but at the phase update, I got a message via host PM from a messenger that leetic is confirmed town. As I don't have private communication, I can't do much with this.
It could be that leetic is mafia and had someone send me this message who knows.
Though, it could also be possible that whoever sent me this message could be mafia and just me talking about this can make me look mafia as I could just simply say "whaddup guys got a message from somebody about somebody being a townie as i know since i'm really just mafia
720MS.png
!". So the mafia could be making me look mafia just by talking about this lol

Regarding affirming TheCapsFan's guess about me being Restless Spirit, I kind of regret that as now the mafia won't want to NK me and I remember one game where the mafia NK'd me when I did have a Restless Spirit role in Mintaka's WR mafia, iirc (gotta read back on that).

Regardless, I'll try to do my best even though I have to deal with bedtime and organic chemistry. orz

Ok, Pikochu has not responded to anyone commenting on his post. Therefore I'm going to vote him. I think they are scummy, moreso then Caps right now.

[Vote] Pikochu

I unfortunately won't be around for E0D as I'll be playing a softball game, but I'll do my best to check in a few times before that today.

IT'S TAKING ME A WHILE TO GET INTO THE GROOVE, AS IT WERE. I'LL HAVE SOME FREE TIME TO POST THIS AFTERNOON AND WILL DO SO THEN AFTER GETTING MY THOUGHTS TOGETHER.

TRY NOT TO MISS ME TOO MUCH WHILE I'M GONE

Townreading this post, it all feels genuine. Only thing I don't like here is critique of Caps's vote when FA posted at EoD with no vote.
I had voted TheCapsFan earlier in the day phase after you had also claimed miller.
@DrumBeats It's early on in a slow game, really? Those posts were to play to my post restriction while actually trying to move things along.
I get how they would play to your post restriction, but I don't see how they tried to move things along when nothing in them really prompted discussion at all, except maybe the first since it encouraged people to keep showing off their post restrictions too.

Looking back, I'm fairly certain my suspicions on Zexy were for being hypocritical of his normal play style (he is a fan of millers claiming D1) but then the whole situation with two millers arose, and Zexy backed me for doing it, so there was no substance to the read. Zexy is hard to read and I'm really paranoid of him when I'm town, because of the fact he's hard to read.

Claiming miller as scum is risky especially in a MCH game because he likes the role and uses it a lot. Not to mention that it is an almost standard role on this forum, as is Godfather.
You'd only mentioned using RNG in the initial vote post, but I did forget about that, so I do apologize for that. However, I'm still not sold on that vote. You stated back on that phase that you also had "doubts" about Zexy, and I would interpret a doubt as something more worth voting on than whatever RNG throws at me. I understand that you're saying it wasn't anything solid, but even just a doubt seems more substantial than using RNG to decide on a vote and that's why that vote doesn't sit well with me.

But this isn't a normal game in that duplicates have been stated to be possible since before the game started, per the OP. That makes it a bit less risky for scum to claim it, and it doesn't discount the fact that roles ≠ alignment in this game anyway, meaning miller doesn't really tell us alignment one way or another really.

-----

I'm leaving my vote as is for now, but I don't think Pikochu is a bad choice either and would also like to see him address the points made by jd, DB, and Midori. As for the other player with a vote, Midorikawa, she can play a very strong scum game in looking town-y, but so far, nothing has really stood out to me as scummy personally.

Day 2's V-V-V-Votals 2.2

TheCapsFan (3)
: FinalArcadia, leetic, Hellcrow (L-3)
Midorikawa (1): DrumBeats
Pikochu (1): jdthebud

Voteless Chumps (6): MidoriKawa, Pikochu, TheCapsFan, Leggo, Sunsette, Crystal Onix
___________________________________________​

11 hours and 30 minutes remain in phase. With 11 alive, 6 votes will yield a phase-ending hammer. If there is no hammer, there will be no lynch.

I get how they would play to your post restriction, but I don't see how they tried to move things along when nothing in them really prompted discussion at all, except maybe the first since it encouraged people to keep showing off their post restrictions too.
The first stated my position, in agreeing with your points and being willing to vote Caps. The second was voting him after a quiet period, in order to push things forward and prevent the phase from stalling entirely.

I'M HERE, THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.

I STILL DON'T THINK CAPS IS PARTICULARLY SCUMMY, AND THE BANDWAGON ON THEM SEEMS ILL-ADVISED. GIVEN THE NATURE OF THIS GAME, I THINK IT'S MORE LIKELY THAT BOTH CAPS AND DRUMBEATS REALLY ARE MILLERS.

I'M CURIOUS AS WELL AS TO WHAT PIKOCHU HAS TO SAY IN RESPONSE TO THE QUESTIONS DIRECTED AT THEM, BUT THEY DO HAVE A GOOD REASON FOR BEING AWAY DURING THE PREVIOUS PHASE:
Hey all. Sorry for being gone, I was at Fananime con for the weekend.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT MIGHT BE KEEPING THEM FROM REPLYING NOW, WHICH MERITS KEEPING AN EYE ON THEM, BUT THAT EXPLAINS PREVIOUS INACTION.

HELLCROW HOWEVER DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE A REASON LIKE THAT. I'M IFFY ON THESE LOW-CONTENT POSTS AND JUMPING ON A BANDWAGON VOTE WITHOUT OFFERING MUCH ELSE. PERHAPS THAT IS PLAYING TO A POST RESTRICTION, BUT AN OPTIONAL POST RESTRICTION SHOULDN'T KEEP YOU FROM CONTRIBUTING SIGNIFICANTLY.

HELLCROW IS THE PERSON I FIND MOST SUSPICIOUS BASED ON WHAT WE HAVE SO FAR.

VOTE: HELLCROW

Thus that means you were voting under the impression that your vote could lead to a lynch. Midorikawa is known for her wallposts and being active and asking questions, thus taking her out would help mafia since more posts could go unnoticed.

Now you're stretching. If I was mafia and truly wanted to get rid of you, I would have nightkilled you, not Zexy. I know you're a bigger threat than he is, and though I'm paranoid about him, that's only as town. I'm not afraid of him when I'm mafia. And no, I wasn't voting directly to lynch you. I was voting to save my own ass since I was on the lynch plate. But that doesn't matter anyway because apparently we're on hammer.

Being aware of when you'll be around and what effect your vote can have is important. Not being careful with it can hurt town.

Thanks Mom. Whatever would I do without you to tell me these things <3

Wait, hold on...we are on hammer. So if you know that, why are you so concerned over a singular random vote on yourself? That's quite defensive IMO, but yet...you could still be town, technically.

Not once actually. You said Midorikawa was random but she doesn't remember seeing you explain how. If she's wrong then please show her and everyone else these 200 times.

I believe RVS stands for Random Vote Selection which means randomized in a generator.

I'm leaving my vote as is for now, but I don't think Pikochu is a bad choice either and would also like to see him address the points made by jd, DB, and Midori. As for the other player with a vote, Midorikawa, she can play a very strong scum game in looking town-y, but so far, nothing has really stood out to me as scummy personally.

Mafia would say this because you're playing to wagons, but you do seem to still have good reason for voting me.

@DrumBeats Whether you believe it's true or not, for a moment, accept that we are both telling the truth and that we are both millers.

Now, in this scenario, which of the following do you find more scummy and why: those that automatically called out suspicion, or those that automatically considered it to be a likely possibility?

Other people can answer this too.

Mafia would say this because you're playing to wagons, but you do seem to still have good reason for voting me.
My issue is that I don't want us to have another no lynch. That being the case, I would vote Pikochu instead if it meant getting a lynch when I think he could be scum as well. As it is, I'm kinda worried we won't get enough votes for hammer regardless of who the majority deems most scummy, and with no guarantee of informative roles or them getting results, we really need something to happen.

Now, in this scenario, which of the following do you find more scummy and why: those that automatically called out suspicion, or those that automatically considered it to be a likely possibility?

Other people can answer this too.
This scenario as you describe it only applies to both of you being millers; it doesn't have anything to do with what alignment the millers are, which is pretty important in a game where roles and alignment are randomly selected.

But to answer the question as you presented it, the scenario really could go either way. The ones who called out suspicion would be scummy because it could seem like they knew both were millers and were trying to pit the majority against them for a lynch. But the ones who considered it likely could also seem scummy because it might seem like they knew too much and were trying to get on town's good side. It would really depend on how the people went about voicing their opinions during the debate on if it seemed genuine or not.

Like I've said though, even if both millers are indeed millers, that doesn't tell us anything definitive about their being town or scum or indep or whatever.

I JUST FEEL LIKE SCUM MILLER WOULD BE A SILLY REDUNDANCY. MCH DID SAY HE WOULD AT LEAST TRY TO BALANCE THE GAME, AND SCUM MILLER DOESN'T MAKE A LOT OF SENSE.

Indy Miller makes sense... Though it could be cover for an SK in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom