• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia MCH Multiverse Mafia! ENDGAME (TOWN WIN); 6/16/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I must say the fact that leetic diamond, um, I mean died, and flipped town courier lessened mine suspicion of Leggo.

@Elementar
Seeing you have a townread on Sunsette, what do you think about this:
I DID GET A MESSAGE FROM "A Courier" DURING LAST NIGHT PHASE, BUT IT CONTAINED NO GAME RELEVANT INFORMATION SO I DIDN'T THINK IT NECESSARY TO MENTION. (The message itself was more or less "Hi, I hope you're enjoying the game!" and I wasn't given the messenger's identity).
I DUNNO HOW I'D BE THE COURIER SINCE I ALSO RECEIVED A MESSAGE. I WOULDN'T DISCOUNT THERE BEING TWO COURIERS GIVEN HOW THINGS HAVE ALREADY HAPPENED BUT I HOPE THAT'S NOT THE CASE WITH A LOT OF ROLES.
Anything worth keeping an iolite eye on? Does it change your thoughts from your last post?

I really have to wonder what the mafia's motive in killing leetic, of all players, was, as he was busy and trying to get subbed out. Humite this benefit?
My main takeaway from his posts is his suspicion toward TheCapsFan.
@TheCapsFan Any thoughts on this?

Also with 2 each of 3 roles purported to exist in this game, in b4 there are 2 of each role.

Feel free to correct me on my math skills, but I guess the phase ends on Sunday at 12:51 PM CST.

I set the countdown timer to that to help keep track of time.
American football theme is gonna help with morale.

Been ninja'd by three people, js. Making posts take time.

I wonder if the mafia went after leetic because he was an easy kill and plus roMCH wouldn't have to find sub for him.

Reasons why it's nice to have a lot of subs in case someone wants to sub or the sub wants a sub.

I know that leetic getting NK'd doesn't clear me at all. Or maybe it does, it's a
200MS.png

Tbh, leetic being NK'd like this was a reason why I didn't want to talk about the Courier at first because I thought the mafia would go after him.

leetic messaging me meant that he was trying to gain my trust which I failed to act upon. orz

Okay, seeing that there are quite a bit communication roles does make sense now as private communication is not allowed.

If what Midorikawa says is true here
There could also be an item that works like a role.
it could be possible that items could supplement the lack of a role because of the duplicate roles.

It would be so cool if there was some kind of Doctor item.
doctorwho_30_by_espiritulechuza-d7rjwo4.gif

Time for me to think lots past midnight, ghouls.

Since this is a 12 player game, there might be at least 2-3 mafia. There's two
092MS.png
in the mythical Shadow Realm/Graveyard. 10 minus 3 equals 7, so the mafia needs like 4 or 5 more kills to win if mafia winning by outnumbering town thing is still a thing and if I'm doing my math right.

So, I guess we have some time.

TheCapsFan has not posted since Day 2 which makes him MIA in my mindset.

@Hellcrow; can you do everyone a favor and post more?
Especially since post restrictions don't seem to be mandatory unless one plays a game of Aestivate's Post Restriction Mafia where not using one's post restriction results in a punishment of some sort that the host bestows on the player who has done the deed.

Seeing you have a townread on Sunsette, what do you think about this:
Does it change your thoughts from your last post?

I didn't see that. It does change it a bit. Does seem quite scummy. I think any information that has been given should be revealed to us.

@Elementar Can you explain your scum reads, please? I don't get your scum read on Leggo.

Honestly, I'm struggling to make any scum reads at the moment. So I put in the scummiest I thought. It wouldn't have been good if I posted all town reads.
But it was the stuff on couriers that suggested to me that they might know something we don't, and didn't want to share it with us. And this bit here seems suspicious

So, I guess we have some time.

Seems to be holding off scum hunting a little bit, but this was after suggesting how much scum there could be. Seems to help us do our scumhunting, but seems to hold of their own a bit. I might be wrong, so feel free to provide your reasoning guys.

OK, while I still intend to keep an eye on Leggo, at this point mostly just because of the roleclaim I just can't beryl, I mean bury, my skepicism toward, and probably won't for a while yet.
I wonder if the mafia went after leetic because he was an easy kill and plus roMCH wouldn't have to find sub for him.
Just to clarify, if you'd be so kind, why use a night phase for that?

Tbh, leetic being NK'd like this was a reason why I didn't want to talk about the Courier at first because I thought the mafia would go after him.

leetic messaging me meant that he was trying to gain my trust which I failed to act upon. orz
In that case, I'd much appreciate the tourmaline of the reasoning that led you to share the message against your better judgement.

@Hellcrow; can you do everyone a favor and post more?
Especially since post restrictions don't seem to be mandatory unless one plays a game of Aestivate's Post Restriction Mafia where not using one's post restriction results in a punishment of some sort that the host bestows on the player who has done the deed.
I totally agree with this. as far as I can gather, his restriction is self-doubt or short posts or something? Not being unable to talc at all.
[QUOTE="Elementar, post: 5876872, member: 80841"Honestly, I'm struggling to make any scum reads at the moment. So I put in the scummiest I thought. It wouldn't have been good if I posted all town reads.
But it was the stuff on couriers that suggested to me that they might know something we don't, and didn't want to share it with us. And this bit here seems suspicious[/QUOTE]
After taking another lapis around the new information, it's revealed that leetic actually was town and a courier, though. I agree, I found the whole Leggo-leetic-courier situation suspicious before leetic flipped, but I'm curious whether you still feel the same way about it knowing his role.

Well, that quote was a druzy. Er, doozy.
[QUOTE="Elementar, post: 5876872, member: 80841]"Honestly, I'm struggling to make any scum reads at the moment. So I put in the scummiest I thought. It wouldn't have been good if I posted all town reads.
But it was the stuff on couriers that suggested to me that they might know something we don't, and didn't want to share it with us. And this bit here seems suspicious[/QUOTE]
After taking another lapis around the new information, it's revealed that leetic actually was town and a courier, though. I agree, I found the whole Leggo-leetic-courier situation suspicious before leetic flipped, but I'm curious whether you still feel the same way about it knowing his role.

I didn't see that. It does change it a bit. Does seem quite scummy. I think any information that has been given should be revealed to us.
I DID GIVE YOU INFORMATION, AS SOON AS I FELT IT WAS RELEVANT. SOMETIMES IT'S BETTER TO SIT ON THINGS UNTIL YOU NEED THEM INSTEAD OF JUST THROWING IT ALL OUT THERE.

ANYWAY, MY REASONING FROM THE PREVIOUS DAY PHASE STILL STANDS AND WE DESPERATELY NEED A LYNCH TODAY.

VOTE: HELLCROW

Okay, I was going to wait on a response from Midori, but probably better to just go ahead and out this info since I'd be doing it anyway later on.

I know that Midorikawa visited leetic during the night. And now he's dead. Occam's Razor says that Midori is most likely scum who visited leetic as a result of putting in the nightkill on him. There are some scenarios where she could be town having visited him, but imo the most obvious conclusion is that she is mafia.

VOTE: Midorikawa

I'm here.
I know that Midorikawa visited leetic during the night. And now he's dead. Occam's Razor says that Midori is most likely scum who visited leetic as a result of putting in the nightkill on him. There are some scenarios where she could be town having visited him, but imo the most obvious conclusion is that she is mafia.

So you're Tracker/Watcher? Vote: Midorikawa
I'd say this could be explained, maybe? But let's have her talk, I guess?

DAMN OKAY THAT CHANGES THINGS. I'D LIKE TO SEE MIDORIKAWA'S RESPONSE BEFORE CHANGING MY VOTE BUT THAT'S A PRETTY STRONG CASE.

I'd say this could be explained, maybe? But let's have her talk, I guess?
I tried to think about other scenarios before posting that, but scum still seems most likely. Why target leetic - who was subbing out and in the meantime not a threat at all - for something like a copcheck or tracker (since we'd already had reason to believe he was courier), and doctor doesn't make sense either since a) leetic died and b) if there is a strongman, why use it on leetic now of all people when by no means was considered town by most people? Roleblocking him doesn't make sense either, because what harm is a courier that wasn't wholly believed to be town? Because of that, I believe she is scum. Would like to hear a response from her though either way.

Some interesting information has come to light.

Mafia killing leetic could be because they didn't want a courier role out there, aside from him needing a sub. I find it plausible that the second message that Sunsette supposedly received could have been caused by an item.

As for the second announcer, it's probably Sunsette with her ALL CAPS POSTS, though the announcement itself did not have those all caps.

Moridikawa visiting leetic is very scummy in light of leetic's death, and FA brings up a good point about the cop especially, there were probably better choices for an alignment/rolecheck in this game.

As for the second announcer, it's probably Sunsette with her ALL CAPS POSTS, though the announcement itself did not have those all caps.
I AM NOT THE SECOND ANNOUNCER, SORRY. HOWEVER, I DO HAVE AN INKLING OF WHO IT MIGHT BE AND I THINK THEY'RE TRUSTWORTHY SO FAR.

I really have to wonder what the mafia's motive in killing leetic, of all players, was, as he was busy and trying to get subbed out. Humite this benefit?
My main takeaway from his posts is his suspicion toward TheCapsFan.
@TheCapsFan Any thoughts on this?

Also with 2 each of 3 roles purported to exist in this game, in b4 there are 2 of each role.

I will admit that I have not touched this game in a while because I have simply lost interest and motivation in my futile attempts trying to clear myself, or at least take the suspicion off of me. However, with this new evidence against Midorikawa, I will go ahead and vote her. [VOTE]: Midorikawa I didn't want to OMGUS earlier, but now in accordance with this evidence, I could see Mido's almost-tunneling as simply an effort to get an easy couple of mislynches, just as Zexy said.

I believe that as of right now, based off what I see in the last two pages, if Midorikawa is indeed scum, jdthebud should be lynched next. He is seen townreading Midorikawa on at least one occasion before the kill on leetic. He was also very quick to believe both miller claims, which, as scum, would make sense.

Okay, I was going to wait on a response from Midori, but probably better to just go ahead and out this info since I'd be doing it anyway later on.

I tried to think about other scenarios before posting that, but scum still seems most likely. Why target leetic - who was subbing out and in the meantime not a threat at all - for something like a copcheck or tracker (since we'd already had reason to believe he was courier), and doctor doesn't make sense either since a) leetic died and b) if there is a strongman, why use it on leetic now of all people when by no means was considered town by most people? Roleblocking him doesn't make sense either, because what harm is a courier that wasn't wholly believed to be town? Because of that, I believe she is scum. Would like to hear a response from her though either way.
Between this new bit of info about about @Midorikawa visiting leetic and FA's reasons why she can't possibly be this other roles, she does a gneiss job of building a convincing case against Midorikawa. As of this moment, I amethyst close to voting to lynch Midorikawa for those reasons.

The only thing stopping me is that she's got 4/6 of the necessary votes against her already. I want to hear what she has to say in her defense, and if I put her at 5/6, the next person can hammer her without her getting the counterargument I'm sure we'd all like to work with. However if she doesn't give us anything to work with by tonight (Pacific time), I'll just accept we aren't going to get anything and vote her, so I suggest she speak up.

Sorry, I counted wrong. One minette, please...

3 votes on Midorikawa
1 on Hellcrow

In that case, I amber-pared to VOTE: Midorikawa

@TheCapsFan, why does me believing the miller claims = me as scum? It was more about thinking through the logic of the play and concluding that it was very unlikely for a mafia to make that claim. Besides, I was not the only one to townread @Midorikawa, she seemed to be genuinely trying to help the town. It's not like it was a strong town read.

However, I'm glad you have made an appearance and to be honest I now have an even stronger town read on you right now. Can you give some reads on the other players as well? I am still suspicious of Elementar, who replaced Pikochu.

Since we are now two votes away from the hammer I want to hear from Midorikawa before voting, but it's looking like we have found scum.

@returnofMCH @Elieson Can we get an official vote count and time till the end of the phase?

I DID GIVE YOU INFORMATION, AS SOON AS I FELT IT WAS RELEVANT. SOMETIMES IT'S BETTER TO SIT ON THINGS UNTIL YOU NEED THEM INSTEAD OF JUST THROWING IT ALL OUT THERE.

I just thought it was slightly questionable, that's all. I'm not claiming that you are scum, but you had a little scummy behaviour. However, being that defensive is a little suspicious.

@jdthebud, do you have anything against me, or just Pikochu? And what do you say on this Mido thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom