• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Okay, so all the leaked starter evo haters, what designs would you guys prefer? Just curious.

That's literally everyone in a nutshell xD, they cry about unoriginal Pokemon but are then upset when we get original great designs

I'm yet to cry about unoriginal Pokemon (aside from Plusle and Minun, I hate them), so please lets not lump everyone together, here.

Plus, aside from Litten's final evolution, I'm fine with the others.

That's literally everyone in a nutshell xD, they cry about unoriginal Pokemon but are then upset when we get original great designs
I never did get people when people started treating pokemon like they should be regular animals. The point of them is that they're supernatural creatures that are, while similar to our worlds animals, different from the ones on our world.

Okay, so all the leaked starter evo haters, what designs would you guys prefer? Just curious.

I don't know about 'haters', but honestly the only design I don't really care for is Litten's (I like Rowlet's and Popplio's in the middle). I don't mind Pokémon going bipedal if I like the design, I didn't mind it too much with Fennekin (unpopular opinion I know, but I didn't mind it) and I do respect the Tiger Mask motif, but I just don't think the design came together well. The design doesn't appeal to me at all, I feel the cues and traits that came from Litten don't mesh well with the wrestling motif that is done for the design. If you feel they did a good job, that is fine, I won't change your opinion, but I just personally don't have a lot of fondness for what the concept has shown me.

Now for which designs I'd prefer, something that matches Litten's more subdued nature would've been great for me. I love the idea of Litten being reserved and I wanted to see a final evolution keep that.

Stop with the strawmanning, if you enjoy the designs, that's OK, but don't criticize others for their preferences or think the designs you like are objectively good. We all enjoy different ideas and concepts and no one is wrong for enjoying them, so lets avoid attacking others for feeling the way they do.

Plus, if we are going to play the game of 'unoriginality', then you can make the case for Litten3 being redundant since it follows three other Fire starters with brawler motifs.

Last edited:
I can already guess the answers

A regular seal
A regular quad tiger
and a regular big owl

I actually like Rowlet's final evo and don't mind Popplio's (though a different design couldn't hurt either) but heck yeah on the quad tiger because I'm just a little tired of all the nice four-legged pokemon having to stand up as they evolve.

=P I'm not sure that the anti-biped tigers are necessarily the same people crying about unoriginal designs. I know I'm not. That, and I'm not sure that I would call "Luchalitten" all that original of a design either.

...okay that link is kind of a joke, but I still wouldn't call a bipedal muscle tiger super original. Nor would I call a quad tiger original either... honestly don't care about "original" because no matter what, it's all been done before. I just want a design that's nice to look at, and I'm not a fan of the muscle guy look in general. But that, of course, is just me.

Last edited:
I'm yet to cry about unoriginal Pokemon (aside from Plusle and Minun, I hate them), so please lets not lump everyone together, here.

Plus, aside from Litten's final evolution, I'm fine with the others.
I didn't actually mean to clump folks together, I'm just discouraged by all the hate towards the evos (if they turn out to be real of course.)

I love Rowlet's and Popplio's final evos and want them both to be my best friends. With Litten's final evo, I'm just so done with bipedal, fighting type LOOKING fire starters.

If I could have designed the starters final evos, they'd be like this:

Rowlet - A Prince Stolas/troodon (both owls and troodons are dinosaurs with asymmetrical ears) hybrid with a big palm frond tail hiding coconuts.
Litten - A sleek, quadruped tiger cloaked in fire.
Popplio - A sea otter. Hey! My boi Oshawott evolved into a sea lion, so my boi Popplio can be a sea otter!

I don't know about 'haters', but honestly the only design I don't really care for is Litten's (Popplio's in the middle). I don't mind Pokémon going bipedal if I like the design, I didn't mind it too much with Fennekin (unpopular opinion I know, but I didn't mind it) and I do respect the Tiger Mask motif, but I just don't think the design came together well. The design doesn't appeal to me at all, I feel the cues and traits that came from Litten don't mesh well with the wrestling motif that is done for the design. If you feel they did a good job, that is fine, I won't change your opinion, but I just personally don't have a lot of fondness for what the concept has shown me.

Now for which designs I'd prefer, something that matches Litten's more subdued nature would've been great for me. I love the idea of Litten being reserved and I wanted to see a final evolution keep that.

Stop with the strawmanning, if you enjoy the designs, that's OK, but don't criticize others for their preferences or think the designs you like are objectively good. We all enjoy different ideas and concepts and no one is wrong for enjoying them, so lets avoid attacking others for feeling the way they do.

Plus, if we are going to play the game of 'unoriginality', then you can make the case for Litten3 being redundant since it follows three other Fire starters with brawler motifs.
I wasn't directing what I said towards anyone here, it was just an observation I made. My previous post came off poorly. I don't expect everyone to like the new designs if they're true.

For my part, I think that both of those designs fall completely flat as they have nothing interesting going on at all. They're just bigger, tougher-looking Litten. (n)

It's not that I wouldn't want Litten to evolve into a quadruped (I had actually been hoping that it would, before I saw the leak), but I personally want at least some kind of thematic concept to accompany the physical growth. That's mainly the reason why I like the leak so much even though it isn't quite what I had wished for - it still has a really neat, well-executed idea behind it, and is dripping with personality.

=P I'm not sure that the anti-biped tigers are necessarily the same people crying about unoriginal designs. I know I'm not. That, and I'm not sure that I would call "Luchalitten" all that original of a design either.

Although, then think of Thundercats. Look at this image, and look at the one the second from the left.

They're definitely going for that look with "Luchalitten". =/

For my part, I think that both of those designs fall completely flat as they have nothing interesting going on at all. They're just bigger, tougher-looking Litten. (n)

It's not that I wouldn't want Litten to evolve into a quadruped (I had actually been hoping that it would, before I saw the leak), but I personally want at least some kind of thematic concept to accompany the physical growth. That's mainly the reason why I like the leak so much even though it isn't quite what I had wished for - it still has a really neat, well-executed idea behind it, and is dripping with personality.

Oh those are just what I found, I can't say that anyone's really drawn what would be an amazing Litten evo. Though I do kinda really like the second one I linked best of the ones that I have seen. I could go for a non-legendary saber tooth tiger of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom