• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation VII confirmed!

Is that so? Well, I thought the VGC ban on Mega Evolution pretty much confirmed we'd be getting the Mega Stones post-game. Because if we could get them before the post-game... why ban it?

I mean, personally, I do think that they'll be withheld until the post-game. I'm just saying that we don't know when in the game the scene with Sina and Dexio giving you the Alakazite is set.

Not really sure what correlation there is between its availability in the main game and it being banned at the VGC... if it's banned it doesn't really matter when you can access it, and they probably just want to focus on Z-Moves instead.

I mean, personally, I do think that they'll be withheld until the post-game. I'm just saying that we don't know when in the game the scene with Sina and Dexio giving you the Alakazite is set.

Not really sure what correlation there is between its availability in the main game and it being banned at the VGC... if it's banned it doesn't really matter when you can access it, and they probably just want to focus on Z-Moves instead.
They might have banned the Mega Stones (under the assumption they are available post-game) because it would be unfair to players who didn't get to the end of the game when they signed up for the competition.

*shrugs*

I think that the reason why people think that Megas are post game is due to some of the Mega Stones are obtainable with BP. Battle facilities are usually available post game.

Ilima is part of the Mallow family. It has orange, red, yellow or sometimes very rarely green flowers.

Some Hawaiian names:
- ʻilima kū kahakai, a flat beach form.
- ʻilima kuahiwi, "from the mountain
- ʻilima kū kahakai, a kind of ʻilima creeping on sand on which beach dodder (kaunaʻoa) grows (Lit., ʻilima standing on beach)

Source: Native Plants Hawaii - Viewing Plant : Sida fallax

So I am guessing that she/he is Ground-type.

So apparently Rotation and Triple battles may be gone.This link goes into that. I really, really hope that isn't the case since triples was my favorite format. It was getting decently popular, not sure why they removed it. I know its not Nearly as popular as singles and triples but for the minority of people like me, it sucks if true

Wait, what? Why would Rotation and Triple battles be gone? There's no way GameFreak would ditch battle styles like that after establishing them over the past two generations.

Wait, what? Why would Rotation and Triple battles be gone? There's no way GameFreak would ditch battle styles like that after establishing them over the past two generations.

I don't know, I feel like that's what Game Freak usually does with its game content lol.

I personally didn't really care much about Rotation battles, they were pretty meh to me, but Triples was pretty fun so that would suck a bit if it was removed.

I'm honestly going to wait until a bit later before I say its truly 100 percent gone..though it definitely looks it. We'll see. If it does it kills my hype a bit since triples was my main battle format.

Don't crush my dreams. I want to believe

Last edited:
I actually totally loved Rotation Battles, so it's a shame to see them off of Battle Spot. But they often got laggy, and I'd have trouble finding people to join me in Rotation, so their removal makes sense. Hopefully they'll still be in the main game?

Somewhat unrelated, but I felt Rotation and Triples barely ever got the support they desperately needed (from GF or fans) since their debut.

Last edited:
If Triple and Rotation battles have really been removed, then I guess we can say goodbye to Inverse Battles as well. this just seems to be an extension of Masuda's logic that people wouldn't enjoy such different features that could be hard such as the Battle Frontier. I guess we can say goodbye to battle styles other than singles and double for good. I really don't want Game Freak to dumb-down the games too much.

I don't really battle on Wi-Fi, but I did always like Triple and Rotation Battles. I wish they had continued to pepper them throughout the main game like they did in Gen V. Kept things lively and unpredictable.

If Triple and Rotation battles have really been removed, then I guess we can say goodbye to Inverse Battles as well. this just seems to be an extension of Masuda's logic that people wouldn't enjoy such different features that could be hard such as the Battle Frontier. I guess we can say goodbye to battle styles other than singles and double for good. I really don't want Game Freak to dumb-down the games too much.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Inverse Battles were only ever an option in their respective in-game areas, no? It's not something the player is ever confronted with; they have to willingly seek it out, and it doesn't require the immense amount of work that creating a Battle Frontier would, so I don't see any reason to remove them. They barely exist as it is.

Hold on a second - were Triples and Rotations actually on the Battle Spot as a standard option?

There seems to be more emphasis on Double Battles in Generation VII. You have Oranguru with its move Instruct, Passimian with its ability Receiver and Tapu Koko + Alolan Raichu working well together. I have a feeling that there's possibly more of this emphasis to come.

Hold on a second - were Triples and Rotations actually on the Battle Spot as a standard option?

Yep, you can actually have rankings in them:

dfsdggf.png

I didn't care much for rotation battles, but I did love triple battles and am kinda sad to see them go. I guess not a lot of people did those then.

I didn't care much for rotation battles, but I did love triple battles and am kinda sad to see them go. I guess not a lot of people did those then.
Seems like that's the case. I myself didn't care too much for rotation or triples, but it is a bit of a shame. Maybe it has to do with the changes they're making to Rating Battles ("Your Time" being the most notable change that I can see that would affect things).

Speaking of the PGL and Battle Spot, though, we've got some interesting stuff coming in the first Special set for Sun & Moon's inaugural season - this one's apparently going to begin with a Single Battle format with lifted restrictions, where you're able to use Magearna, Solgaleo, Lunala, Ash-Greninja and "others". I guess we can confirm we've not seen the last of Legendaries - and that Solgaleo and Lunala have a BST beyond 600 (more than likely 680 like with past mascots).

And, of course, we have the Competition Rules for VGC, as well as Friendly Competitions. Do any of you think the Friendly Competition setting will be restricted to the same settings as that of the rest of the Battle Spot, or do you think it will include the lost Triple and Rotation Battles as their own settings? And do you think it'll have flexibility? I could see the Friendly Competition setting having great potential if its options are good enough - we here at Bulbagarden could probably host a few competitions of our own.

Back
Top Bottom