• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[SPOILERS] Sun&Moon Datamine Thread (No story spoilers!)

New interesting tidbit I found today, fishing seems to have changed:

Seems we can only fish nearby piles of rocks now, not sure what the reason of that is...

Do you know how early we get the fishing rod?

Hmm. Battle Tree is...Serviceable, but disappointing. There's fewer formats than even the Battle Maison with Triples/Rotation being removed, and the cameos leave a-lot more to be desired.

Do we know if there's a Battle Institute? I need that BP yield.
I think the Battle Tree is the best facility ever, tbh. Great visual design, great music, great cameos, and most importantly, NPC rivals use Megas and Z moves against you as well, unlike the Maison.

So every Pokemon that is not in the Regional Dex is just gonna be #??? on their summary screen?

Seeing ??? on every non-Alolan Pokemon will be slightly frustrating.

I heard this, so I can't confirm, but the Pokemon were said to have their National Dex numbers shown instead of #???.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

problem that they changed Levitate to Cursed Body, thats the rumour on the net.

You previously mentioned that they should have added Cursed Body as a secondary ability, so I mentioned that in order for a secondary ability to happen, the base form has to have a new ability first. I guess in this case they should have added Cursed Body as Gastly's secondary ability, so that Gengar could also have Cursed Body as a secondary ability.

Thanks for reading.

All these changes and additions are great...it's just...I'm really sad my favorite evolution line (the Ralts familiy) didn't seem to get anything new this Gen, no new moves, no additional points for Gardevoir to patch that awful Def, not even quirky new Dex entries which I was really looking forward to, since apparently there's no National Dex. Apparently, there's going to be a PokeDex in the PokeBank, which frankly I find pointless, since that's supposed to be a main game feature, not something you have to pay an extra fee to see.

I heard this, so I can't confirm, but the Pokemon were said to have their National Dex numbers shown instead of #???.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

How would that work if the Pokemon in the Alolan Dex have Alolan Dex numbers? Will both Rowlett and Bulbasaur be Number 001? This is actually my first real issue with the lack of a National Dex beyond just disappointment (I love completing the National Dex!! But also, since I have a living dex in bank anyway, it's not like I was even really going to be doing that, I suppose.) I really hope that the Alolan Pokemon get National Dex numbers in-game, even if there isn't a National Dex in the game.

Also: has anyone found anything with the same effect as the Reset Bag from Super Training yet, or is the only way to lower EVs through berries again?

How would that work if the Pokemon in the Alolan Dex have Alolan Dex numbers? Will both Rowlett and Bulbasaur be Number 001? This is actually my first real issue with the lack of a National Dex beyond just disappointment (I love completing the National Dex!! But also, since I have a living dex in bank anyway, it's not like I was even really going to be doing that, I suppose.) I really hope that the Alolan Pokemon get National Dex numbers in-game, even if there isn't a National Dex in the game.

I guess they could have Rowlet's number be shown as #722, and so on for the other Alolan Pokemon, I'm not sure how that'd work, but we should hopefully see in a few days.

As for the National Pokedex numbers for the Alolan Pokemon, we know that they do get their numbers, Rowlet's National Pokedex number was shown in a screenshot for Bank: Screenshot

Overall I'm pretty happy with the new Pokémon! My only complaint is Togedemaru's movepool since it's one of my new favorite Pokémon. I'm sO MAD, why the hell is its only Steel-type move Gyro Ball? As for the other Pokémon I couldn't care less about their "mediocre" speed stats. A lot of other traits make them unique and stand out.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the new Pokémon! My only complaint is Togedemaru's movepool since it's one of my new favorite Pokémon. I'm sO MAD, why the hell is its only Steel-type move Gyro Ball? As for the other Pokémon I couldn't care less about their "mediocre" speed stats. A lot of other traits make them unique and stand out.
It is Dedenne all over again (remind that it has no decent Fairy move)

Back
Top Bottom