• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM009: The Leader Pokémon is Dekagoose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray that Hau doesn't get cut from the anime. He was an important character in the games and he is Hala's grandson. I'm still disappointed that he doesn't attend the trainer's school cause I really wanted to see him and Ash interact often.

I think they should make Hau Shota's Alolan cousin (or even the same person) since they look so much alike.

The "Island challenge" is an event for children held in the Alola region that makes them get acknowledged as fully qualified Pokémon Trainers, and Satoshi wants to attempt to complete this event himself too. For this reason, he meets with old man Hala, one of the "Island Kahuna's" that give the challengers their trials.

Gosh, I hope the kid who's met tons of legendary Pokemon, been through seven regions, and helped save the world more than once with the aid of his Pokemon can finally prove himself as a qualified Pokemon Trainer. :rolleyes:

I seriously doubt ash would prove himself a qualified trainer. I expect him to fail this region.

I seriously doubt ash would prove himself a qualified trainer. I expect him to fail this region.
He might be allowed to win since it doesn't seem to offer a shot at the Elite Four, just like he was allowed to win the Ornage League and Battle Frontier.

But with this show who knows. The show runners seem to hate their own main character.

I actually doubt Ash is going to take down Totem Gumshoos on his first try, since losing his first main challenge in a region has happened a couple times before. I know its happened in Sinnoh and Kalos. I hope when that Gumshoos falls, it says "I'm fired..." Blame Ross from Game Grumps.

New summary translated by Dephender:

Ratta and Koratta are laying waste to the island's fields. In response, Satoshi goes to meet with Hala, an influential man on the island, as well as a key person in the "Island Pilgrimage" he is challenging. Satoshi immediately tells Hala he will be attempting the Island Pilgrimage, but Hala tells him he needs to be tested to make sure he is qualified for the pilgrimage first.

For some reason this summary makes me think that totem gumshoos is going to be just a test and totem alolan raticate is going to be the real first trial.

I like that Hala is appearing, he's our introduction to the island trial and he deserved to have that role in the anime. But I have my doubts on Ash's iniciation, first trial and totem battle ALL happening in the same episode, even if the Totem battle can continue into the next ep.

I'm kinda surprised that there's no mention of Ilima. He is the captain of the Verdant Cavern trial, which is where Totem Gumshoos is found. Here, it seem that Lana, Mallow, Kiawe, and Sophocles aren't trial captains. They still have that emblem though.

I don't know...maybe it's me, but it feels a bit early.

For one things, I'm not sure if the Island Trials will serve the story as good as the Badge Quests. For another, I think they'll wanna play around with ripping off Yokai Watch misadventures with the Pokémon School some more.

Though they might try both...

Aaaaaaannnndddd gentleman and ladies none of you will be surprised by this but Izumi Shimura's animating this episode herself, the first time since God knows which episode she did for XY.

None of you surprised?

No.

Neither am i.

I don't know...maybe it's me, but it feels a bit early.

For one things, I'm not sure if the Island Trials will serve the story as good as the Badge Quests. For another, I think they'll wanna play around with ripping off Yokai Watch misadventures with the Pokémon School some more.

Though they might try both...

I remember that some people were complaining that they didn't start the trials at somewhere like episode 3.

I'm surprised that how often people at these forums complain... If Ash is winning the League- complain. If Ash loses- complain.
Ash didn't do the trials early- complain.

Preview
- Ash and Hala walk through a cave.
- Officer Jenny and Professor Kukui get ready to open a door.
- Some Alolan Rattata and Alolan Raticate are causing trouble.
- Pikachu and Ash's Rolwet fight a Yungoos , a Gumshoos and a Totem Gumshoos.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VErHursn5yo

Last edited:
Ok,where is Ilima.I'm scared.They need trial captains,no trial captains is just-bleh

Well that was a lot of stuff from just a 30 second preview. I guess I was wrong. The A-Rattata and Raticate situation seems totally unrelated to the Trial since Ash in the Verdant Cavern doing the Trial battling Yungoos. It also seems like they changed up the Totem battle and instead of Ash using his Pokemon one at a time against the Totem Gumshoos and a Yungoos ally, it'll be both Rowlet and Pikachu against Totem Gumshoos, a regular Gumshoos and a Yungoos. Seems pretty weird imo. I was hoping they'd portray the Totem battles as being the same as in the games, but I guess that the challenge should be the same as long as Ash is using one less Pokemon than he'll be battling against. Guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

Tapu Koko appearing again is interesting. Wonder what it's doing here? Similarly, I wonder why Illima isn't here? Maybe he'll just show up to give Ash Normalium-Z and teach him the pose for Breakneck Blitz...

Tapu Koko appearing again is interesting. Wonder what it's doing here?
Tapu Koko looks like that he's carrying a z ring from a house. Maybe Hala told him to go get the z-ring for him or Tapu Koko is taking it because he was to prank Hala or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom