• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon Stars Discussion Thread (Speculation)

Do you think that Stars is real or Fake

• Real

Votes: 61 59.8%
  • Fake

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
See how popular Mega Mewtwo and Mega Charizard forms were, when they were announced. I think a new Mew form along with Genesis Supernova would do the trick.

Are you sure you did not post in this thread by mistake?

omfg yes! It's been moved. lol.

I could easily see Kanto sequels happening. Not sure if Johto would be included, but I hope so.

I haven't read any of the thread, so no doubt some of my wishlist will have been said already.

Stars'll be a sequel to Sun & Moon. Takes place in Alola & Kalos.

Wishlist
  • 40ish new Pokemon
  • 10 new UB
  • 20 new Megas
  • 20 new Regional formes (all are located in Kalos)
  • 16 Gyms (1-8 are Alola, 9-16 in Kalos)
  • Necrozma is the box legend, featured in one of its four formes (Base, Dragon, Snake, Star)
  • Zygarde gains three new formes (25% Lizard, 75% Eagle, alt-100% Snake)
  • Takes place 2 years after Sun/Moon, or 5 years after XY
  • Box legends of XY and SM are available in new formes (Xerneas-Y, Yvetal-X, Solgaleo-Moon, Lunala-Sun) The legends swap typing with their opposites and learn appropriate moves for their new typing.)
  • Imported Pokemon from RBGYGSC gain Stars-exclusive abilities (e.g. Magnemite gets Levitate) pls.
  • Battle Frontier. Couple of new modes to play competitively, such as no-megas and no-z moves
  • Z-crystals for Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Mewtwo, Lucario, Xerneas, Yvetal, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozoma)
  • Battle-bond esque Pikachu.
  • Jirachi event before the release
  • Characters feature from both games, as well old favourites like Oak, Lance, etc
  • Elm appears near the start to talk about walking Pokemon, so that's back in.
  • Some way to transfer GO to Stars. As well connecting the two to give you PokeMiles
  • Obscure mini-games that's basically a re-skin of Mario Paint
  • Pokemon Amie, more interaction options, such as items to play with (fluffy tail), to eat (all the other food items), options to heal in Amie (giving the potions).

I could easily see Kanto sequels happening. Not sure if Johto would be included, but I hope so.
I would see Sinnoh remakes happening instead, because Kanto sequels already exist in the form of Johto. Even the anime promotes Gen IV with the Movie CotW having Sinnoh Pokemon... except the Gary knockoff who has an Incineroar
And do you really think that Game Freak were working on two generations simultaneously?
They did kinda do that with Gen V, they said Gen VI planning was starting in 2010, right after Pokemon Black/White was released, while also working on Black 2 White 2.
What's more likely is that they initially intended for 2018 to be 8th gen and we could see a delay into 2019.
But why would Game Freak want a 2 year generation? All Generations have been at or around 3 years except Gen I and despite the fact Gen VII had many changes to Pokemon I really do not think Gen VII itself would be much of a big change; Why would GF make 2 games just for 1 Gen? Unless we get another game this year, but even then there is most likely going to be a "break" year in Pokemon games than start a new Generation.

I would see Sinnoh remakes happening instead, because Kanto sequels already exist in the form of Johto.
I'm really talking about HGSS sequels with both Kanto and Johto, with hopefully a better balance of both.

Even the anime promotes Gen IV with the Movie CotW having Sinnoh Pokemon... except the Gary knockoff who has an Incineroar
So? To quote myself: "Just because two highly marketable Sinnoh Pokemon (used by the anime in BW and XY) are in the movie doesn't negate the fact that the story takes place in Kanto, Ash is using Kanto Pokemon, and the star is Ho-Oh.

Piplup and Lucario's inclusion in this movie might be a way to drum up interest in DP remakes down the road. The demand just isn't there yet; it is nowhere close to what happened before HGSS and ORAS were announced."

They did kinda do that with Gen V, they said Gen VI planning was starting in 2010, right after Pokemon Black/White was released, while also working on Black 2 White 2.
Obviously, I was talking about simultaneously developing the initial versions of different generations. It's an absurd idea.

See how popular Mega Mewtwo and Mega Charizard forms were, when they were announced. I think a new Mew form along with Genesis Supernova would do the trick.

Considering they already distributed the Mewnium Z, they already kind of missed their chance there.

Kanto Sequels already happened.

It's called HGSS.

If you wanted something beyond that it would be a Johto sequel.

I'd rather get a pokemon Trading card game sequel if Nintendo really want to go the nostalgia route.

DLC or a section in Stars where they follow up on Lillie would cover that loose end while not dedicating an entire game towards rehashing Kanto yet again.

HGSS isn't quite the same as a Kanto sequel. I think what most people are expecting is more of a BW2 experience with new areas, new Pokemon, and a new storyline. Something that actually fleshes out Kanto instead of leaving it a shell of its former self. HGSS hasn't really done that.

But why would Game Freak want a 2 year generation? All Generations have been at or around 3 years except Gen I and despite the fact Gen VII had many changes to Pokemon I really do not think Gen VII itself would be much of a big change; Why would GF make 2 games just for 1 Gen? Unless we get another game this year, but even then there is most likely going to be a "break" year in Pokemon games than start a new Generation.

Not sure about Game Freak, but Nintendo would most certainly want this generation to wrap up sooner rather than later. The sooner a built-from-the-ground up on the Switch 8th gen game comes out, the more Pokemon fans will flock to the Switch.

I haven't read any of the thread, so no doubt some of my wishlist will have been said already.

Stars'll be a sequel to Sun & Moon. Takes place in Alola & Kalos.

Wishlist
  • 40ish new Pokemon
  • 10 new UB
  • 20 new Megas
  • 20 new Regional formes (all are located in Kalos)
  • 16 Gyms (1-8 are Alola, 9-16 in Kalos)
  • Necrozma is the box legend, featured in one of its four formes (Base, Dragon, Snake, Star)
  • Zygarde gains three new formes (25% Lizard, 75% Eagle, alt-100% Snake)
  • Takes place 2 years after Sun/Moon, or 5 years after XY
  • Box legends of XY and SM are available in new formes (Xerneas-Y, Yvetal-X, Solgaleo-Moon, Lunala-Sun) The legends swap typing with their opposites and learn appropriate moves for their new typing.)
  • Imported Pokemon from RBGYGSC gain Stars-exclusive abilities (e.g. Magnemite gets Levitate) pls.
  • Battle Frontier. Couple of new modes to play competitively, such as no-megas and no-z moves
  • Z-crystals for Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Mewtwo, Lucario, Xerneas, Yvetal, Solgaleo, Lunala, Necrozoma)
  • Battle-bond esque Pikachu.
  • Jirachi event before the release
  • Characters feature from both games, as well old favourites like Oak, Lance, etc
  • Elm appears near the start to talk about walking Pokemon, so that's back in.
  • Some way to transfer GO to Stars. As well connecting the two to give you PokeMiles
  • Obscure mini-games that's basically a re-skin of Mario Paint
  • Pokemon Amie, more interaction options, such as items to play with (fluffy tail), to eat (all the other food items), options to heal in Amie (giving the potions).

Not gonna lie. I love a great deal of what you just said here lol I can't see brand new Pokemon being in Stars, but everything is is more than believable. Maybe all of it at once is a little over doing it, but all of your points make sense and are great lol

Reactions: dig
I think that unless GF/Nintendo wants to hurry and finish this generation (unlikely,not impossible) or if they have something truly different that isn't on any radar, then what I want is:

1.) Sun and Moon
2.) Kanto 2(could include Johto)
3.) Sun 2 Moon 2, Eclipse, or nothing at all because of the lack of Z, X2,Y2.

I prefer if whatever comes next for Sinnoh, if anything, should come after the 3DS era is completely finished. The whole reasoning for remakes were that the original games were no longer playable. Sinnoh is the first region where this isn't exactly true. They could easily use DPPl as the next steps to whatever they have been building upon since XY.

Mega evolution - infinity energy - ultra dimensional worm holes - ???

Just found out that Nintendo Direct is going to be held in Wednesday April 12 at 3:00 p.m. PT/6:00 p.m. ET. Guess we'll find out what pokemon game they'll release this year, if not we got the e3 trailer on june 10-12

Just found out that Nintendo Direct is going to be held in Wednesday April 12 at 3:00 p.m. PT/6:00 p.m. ET. Guess we'll find out what pokemon game they'll release this year, if not we got the e3 trailer on june 10-12

I've read that it is mostly Splatoon 2 and Arms for the Switch so I doubt it's anything Pokémon related. Always hoping for anything presently surprising however.

Guys, please don't use the word Genwunner. It's an insult to people who prefer gen I and people should be free to prefer whatever gen they like.

Although it was mentioned that the Nintendo Direct is regarding both the 3DS and the Switch, it was also mentioned that the main focus of the Direct is regarding Arms, and Splatoon 2. Unless Nintendo decide to throw in a quick reveal right at the very end to stir the pot and surprise us, I doubt we'll be seeing anything Pokémon Main Series related.

I'm really talking about HGSS sequels with both Kanto and Johto, with hopefully a better balance of both.
Question is why GF didn't do that last year? Of course, the new generation did start last year. but they probably could have added it into Gen VI and released Sun/Moon a year later, but that'll make Gen VI a bit longer than usual. I feel like last year was the best time for the sequels to be released, yet they weren't.
So? To quote myself: "Just because two highly marketable Sinnoh Pokemon (used by the anime in BW and XY) are in the movie doesn't negate the fact that the story takes place in Kanto, Ash is using Kanto Pokemon, and the star is Ho-Oh.

Piplup and Lucario's inclusion in this movie might be a way to drum up interest in DP remakes down the road. The demand just isn't there yet; it is nowhere close to what happened before HGSS and ORAS were announced."
What I meant was that it was more likely for Gen IV remakes to happen than sequels of Kanto; If they really wanted to make one 2016 was the best year.

Also, it feels odd why 2 Sinnoh Pokemon are traveling in Kanto, especially when it's supposed to be when 151 Pokemon existed (at least in Kanto). Is it possible that this movie may happen in another dimension? Or it's just not canon and I shouldn't look into it further.

Obviously, I was talking about simultaneously developing the initial versions of different generations. It's an absurd idea.
Well it wasn't really too obvious, since you just said generations and not initial game, but I see your point.
Guys, please don't use the word Genwunner. It's an insult to people who prefer gen I and people should be free to prefer whatever gen they like.
I do see how this is an insult, but I think this term is used just like Cancertale; it's people hating on a certain (in their opinion) annoying fanbase. I usually use Genwunner just to identify them, not to insult them, but I'll still control the use of it
Not to be disrespectful, but...

Let Kalos go already. It's such a broken record.
And that's the reason why we don't want Kalos go ;p
I think most of us just want Kalos to have a better, more "full" story, therefore that's why they want to see Kalos again.

Question is why GF didn't do that last year? Of course, the new generation did start last year. but they probably could have added it into Gen VI and released Sun/Moon a year later, but that'll make Gen VI a bit longer than usual. I feel like last year was the best time for the sequels to be released, yet they weren't.
That wouldn't have worked. Game Freak obviously wanted another 3DS-based generation and 2016 was the latest time to launch it.

Kanto promotion is still going on this year via the movie; I don't see the problem. Besides, if I'm right about Johto being included, then the recent Go expansion and the movie's focus on Ho-Oh are all good marketing tools that weren't done last year.

By the way, other examples of big games that had round anniversaries last year are Zelda and Dragon Quest (30th each). In both cases, the next mainline entries had to be pushed to 2017 for practical reasons. Was it a travesty? Hardly.

Also, it feels odd why 2 Sinnoh Pokemon are traveling in Kanto, especially when it's supposed to be when 151 Pokemon existed (at least in Kanto). Is it possible that this movie may happen in another dimension? Or it's just not canon and I shouldn't look into it further.
It's definitely another universe... Did you miss the part where Ash has new companions?

I think most of us just want Kalos to have a better, more "full" story, therefore that's why they want to see Kalos again.
Have fun waiting for the XY remakes.

Last edited:
1. What would happen to the Pokétch when Sinnoh gets remade? The Switch only has one screen.

2. Limiting Kanto sequels to the first 151/251 Pokémon would piss too many fans and make them hate the game and Gen I fans. What do you mean I can't transfer my Ralts and Gible?

2. Limiting Kanto sequels to the first 151/251 Pokémon would piss too many fans and make them hate the game and Gen I fans. What do you mean I can't transfer my Ralts and Gible?
They didn't that for the remakes, so why would they do it for sequels? Don't be paranoid.

I'm pretty sure that Pokemon from other regions will be added to the regional Pokedex just like in the movie. Either way, they'll be in the post-game.

1. What would happen to the Pokétch when Sinnoh gets remade? The Switch only has one screen.

1. I (currently) cannot answer it, having 0 experience with Sinnoh Games.

2. Who said that we'll be limited? I'm all for a dex expansion. Also, Sun and Moon Pokemon could be most likely traded.

Also, the talk about Sinnoh vs Kanto is off topic here.

Back
Top Bottom