• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Confirmed

I'm banking on this being a sequel-type thing due to the fact that it's very similar to BW2. There are two versions, first of all. I don't see any need for two versions if you're just going to make a third, upgraded version. And each of these versions features an "upgraded" form of the two legendaries that has aspects of the third. Of course, this is Game Freak, and God only knows what they're thinking. They've been kind of erratic lately. The fact that they can use "alternate dimensions" as an excuse to create a third version split into two is very troubling to me.

Regardless, I'm still gonna get it because it might still have some much-needed upgrades even if the story is the same. Perhaps easier access to Mega Stones? More Pokemon in the Pokedex? Or... by the Gods... WALKING POKEMON? A girl can only dream. I liked the story of Sun/Moon enough to play it again, but really, I do want more expansion to it. There are so many elements they could answer or add more onto. It would be a waste if it were just another third version.

Also, I know people are speaking of them saying an "alternate story," which heavily implies a third version. But I won't put my stock into any of that fancy marketspeak until I actually see what's going on with my own eyes. At the same time though, I really wouldn't be surprised if it were a third version in two.

Considering the Press Release says "Pokémon USUM have been powered up with new additions to the story", I think it's safer to say it's more akin to Third Versions then Sequels. I'd prefer to be wrong, but what's been shown hasn't been very promising in that regard.

Don't know if anyone made the connection, but the Ultra in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon could represent Ultra Beasts... Ultra Solgaleo/Ultra Lunala confirmed Ultra Beasts?

There's a theory going around that the Legendaries we are seeing aren't Solgaleo and Lunala, but rather energy constructs of sorts made by Necrozma as a attempt to form a new body. If so, that would be a interesting twist on things rather than just "fusion".

There's a theory going around that the Legendaries we are seeing aren't Solgaleo and Lunala, but rather energy constructs of sorts made by Necrozma as a attempt to form a new body. If so, that would be a interesting twist on things rather than just "fusion".

It's probably not fusion as much as much as it looks like parts of its body attaching themselves parasitically to Solgaleo and Lunala (they still look like the original pokemon when compared with the Kyurem. Its almost like the Mewtwo armor.). You could say it's eclipsing the Sun and Moon.

Maybe Nebby (II? Some other cosmog?) takes a third option in these games and tries to wipe out or at least control the rest of its kind or something and be the big bad taking over for Lusamine.

Did anyone notice the female Trial Guide in the Pika Party screenshot? So Trials are still in these games possibly.

Some people had started coming up with some theories for Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.

I'll just say this. I wanted the titles to be Solar Eclipse and Lunar Eclipse, Necrozma just looks like a eclipse to me.

Also those forms for Solgaleo and Lunala look awesome!

Btw, prepare the tissues for a touching family reunion if we help Mohn leave Poke Pelago.
That'd be the perfect way to end a postgame scenario. Not only do you have to help catch the UBs, but you also help free Mohn. Then we could have Lillie's family completely reunited...

Yep, I'd cry.
Anyone remember the speculations of the Starters having alternate final forms? Seeing as these games state to be a alternate reality, and the Legendaries are sporting new looks somewhat with Necrozma Armor, is it perhaps possible that the Starters also get different forms as formerly speculated? I myself would like to see it happen, but I'm not putting any hopes on it.

How does anyone else think about this?
I'd like to see that happen. There were so many rumors--I even saw several on Facebook--claiming that the Starters had "Daytime" forms or what have you. I would like to see an alternate form for the Starters, especially Primarina. (Sorry, but that design never grew on me at all. It's just... no.)

I'm really glad we're seeing Necrozma as armor akin to Revenge of the Fallen Jetfire rather than the dragon theory. I absolutely adore Necrozma's design, as it reminds me of the Fallen. (Yes, that is what I named mine. I do not kid.) The idea of forming that into a dragon didn't sit well with me. But I want Necrozma to feature in the story. I want a reason that it can suddenly become armor and I want that reason to be a good one.

In other words, I want a good story, GameFreak. Please make that happen.

You could say it's eclipsing the Sun and Moon.

I agree. One of the names I'd give these powered up Legends is that these are the Eclipse Formes of Solgaleo and Lunala. Likely they're Ultra Formes, but a guy can dream no?

Well, like most everyone else, I wonder if these are sequels or 3rd version runs again. The PC looks almost identical to their "original" counterparts, so that leans toward 3rd version. But, then again, as others have stated, the names wouldn't be the way they are. Unlike Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum, they are instead in a similar vein to ORAS and HGSS. So it makes me wonder if these are "remastered" versions. Maybe this means they'll expand certain areas, broaden backstories of various characters, and even give us new locations and Mons a la Platinum-style. Would be interesting to see if that's the case. Maybe they'll even give us a better, more streamlined version of the Festival Plaza, since that thing can be a pain to work. We shall see.

The one thing I actually found surprising is that these games will be on the 3DS and not the Switch. Not that I'm complaining, mind, as I can't afford a new game console (nor will my apartment's allowed electricity limit permit it, either... cheapskate landlord... *grumbles*). But considering that the 3DS is starting to show its age, and the fact that the Switch is up and running, I am a bit surprised that they're sticking with the 3DS for at least one more run. Though I do know that GF doesn't jump onto new consoles right away, as evident by BW/B2W2. But, again, I'm not complaining, as it means my 3DS will still get some last bit of Poke mileage out of it before the Switch totally ends its run.

And on a last note, I wonder if the customization options will be expanded. They were pretty bland, even compared to XY, so maybe they'll broaden that a bit more (and, fer bootin' up cold, give the male PCs more options GF!!! I mean, really, it's not a difficult concept!).

So here's hoping that the new games are a success. At least I have a new game to look forward to this year.

A lot of people on YouTube as well as GameFAQs are threatening to sit these games out if they end up being basically a third version (same story with minor changes) and not BW2-style sequels (canonically take place after the events of Sun & Moon)

I for one will withhold judgment until more information becomes available, but based on the trailer I'm also considering passing on these games unless some not-yet-revealed new feature pulls me in. I'm talking something like making all Mega Stones obtainable (at least after the presumed Bank update), adding QR Team functionality to the Champion Title Defense system, or a Kanto post game story (now that would be cool!)

I might have gone crazy BUT.......................

What if the protagonists of Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon are the son/daughter of the previous protagonist? Explaining the similarities of character designs if these are sequels.

Once again, we do not know if this game are a Third version or a sequel, so a small theory. Though I doubt it's right, if it is then we have to remake the entire timeline of Pokemon.

Nothin's really pointing to the games being sequels, like taking place a certain number of years later. Based on how it was described also makes it seem like 3rd versions~ So I'm sticking to that for now~

Also, LOL at people threatening to boycott the games. The Pokemon Community seemed like it couldn't get any more entitled but I guess I stand corrected. When XY was changing consoles, despite bein a new generation, people were mad GF wanted them to buy new consoles (Pokemon Logic 101, mind you). Now when they aren't changing consoles, people are still mad. You can't satisfy these kids. Let them whine, they'll get over it. No one's forcing them to buy the games, so not sure what kinda statement they're trying to make~

Nothin's really pointing to the games being sequels, like taking place a certain number of years later. Based on how it was described also makes it seem like 3rd versions~ So I'm sticking to that for now~

Also, LOL at people threatening to boycott the games. The Pokemon Community seemed like it couldn't get any more entitled but I guess I stand corrected. When XY was changing consoles, despite bein a new generation, people were mad GF wanted them to buy new consoles (Pokemon Logic 101, mind you). Now when they aren't changing consoles, people are still mad. You can't satisfy these kids. Let them whine, they'll get over it. No one's forcing them to buy the games, so not sure what kinda statement they're trying to make~

I don't see how not wanting to spend another 40/80 quid on a game you literally just played 7 months ago makes you entitled. As a very early prediction based on admittedly limited info, I can't see USUM outselling ORAS or even B2W2.

Back
Top Bottom