• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview M20: I Choose You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they don't need Misty and Brock.
The probability of them appearing again in the show is less than zero.

I dunno. Maybe they'll be more willing to try different stuff with the movies now. Then again I don't trust Yuyama to make good decisions.

Looks like they don't need Misty and Brock.
The probability of them appearing again in the show is less than zero.

Not really, a lot of advertising around this movie was based around that EP001 nostalgia and I'm sure there were quite a few people seeing the movie who were hoping for a surprise appearance from them. If "no Misty and Brock" = commercial success then every BW and XY movie would have been as successful (and the opposite is true).

I'm not saying this movie would have performed better or worse with Misty and Brock included, or that they have a good chance of appearing again in the show or another movie, but to say this proves they're never coming back is probably untrue. If anything it shows that Gen 1 nostalgia is still profitable to some extent, and perhaps they might utilize it in the future by bringing back Misty, Brock, or any other old characters for a short time.

A Real Person I know (who is a movie buff) texted me to say "There's a new Pokemon movie in Japan which is doing really well!" So...
Right after Satoshi's shown getting his third badge (ugh) we see the trio sitting in the Pokemon Center eavesdropping on all the Trainers' conversations. They hear that Entei has been spotted in the area and leave to catch it, but! not until after everyone else already leaves. Pretty much every one of their appearances after that is them showing up to a scene after Satoshi's already moved on, getting attacked by the pokemon Satoshi just interacted with, and getting sent blasting away. I think they blast off three times in this movie?
Me right now:
1_english_sub_pokemon_i_choose_you_0001.jpg

Less insulting to simply leave them out?

According to this:

1. Pokemon the Movie: "I choose you"
2. Cars 3
3. Gin Tama ("Silver Soul")
4. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
5. Mary and the Witch's Flower
6. No Game, No Life the Movie: Zero
7. Shinobi's Country
8. Anpanman Movie
9. Power Rangers Movie
10. My Brother Loves Me Too Much (LOL!)

What is the source?
Bunnygo.net

Wow, it seems even though each Pokemon film feels and goes through the same route I Choose You still confirms these movies still have some life left.

So, anyone who watched, is the movie worth it? You guys liked?

What is this?
View attachment 103192 Cute picture. Happy Anniversary!

I like it. It's such a lovely picture. Ash and Makoto in particular look really good here, but Soji is looking nice as well. ♥︎

Though, why isn't Oak wearing a tuxedo or something? It would have been interesting to see him with something different than his lab coat or his summer shirt.

What is this?
View attachment 103192 Cute picture. Happy Anniversary!
This is actually a photomanipulated picture by Moa151 (The admin of Pokesho.com)
It's not official.

He's joking about how Ash is marrying Makoto instead of Misty.
That's why he edited Makoto in the wedding gown and Ash in wedding suit.

It's not the first time he had fooled Pokefans.
It's because his editing skills AND drawings are so real.

This is actually a photomanipulated picture by Moa151 (The admin of Pokesho.com)
It's not official.
This is fanart?! :eek: Do s/he have a pixiv account?
He's joking about how Ash is marrying Makoto instead of Misty.
That's why he edited Makoto in the wedding gown and Ash in wedding suit.
I didn't noticed that. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom