• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Misty & Brock Confirmed for Pokemon Sun & Moon Anime

I'd be a lot more excited if it wasn't for the ugly as shit Sun and Moon art style ruining the appearance of every old character. Misty and Brock look like lifeless dolls, and Ash looks like his usual 5 year old S/M self.
It's a friggin cartoon, so why people are so upset by their new style is beyond me unlike in XY where the characters barely felt or looked like cartoon characters.

Finally, the Anime has some semblance of continuity again! Also, since Brock and Misty can now Mega Evolve their Pokémon, maybe this opens up the possibility of an Ash-Greninja cameo as well. That way, all three members of the original trio will have Mega-like Pokémon!

I sincerely hope they don't become companions for the rest of the series. The character-space is pretty clogged up as it is. I'd like to see them at the inevitable league, cheering Ash up, but not as 'standard' companions.

Watch as Brock starts his "follow Ash" routine again and ends up falling for Olivia. :p

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind if Brock and Misty became recurring characters, meeting up with Ash every so often. Maybe the writers could have them be volunteers for the Anime's Poké Pelago? Also, I really want Rowlett to interact with Ash's Noctowl!

What's this about 'confirming old Pokemon appearing?' Mind giving me the quote?

What's this about 'confirming old Pokemon appearing?' Mind giving me the quote?
I mean technically Brock's Steelix and Misty's Gyarados will appear and they are old Pokemon............I haven't seen anyone say "confirming old Pokemon appearing?" tho. That said it makes sense that old Pokemon would appear if they're going to Kanto. Seems like a no brainer

lmao Brock and Misty come back with Megas, and Ash has jack shit because he released his special snowflake frog

They look awkward in he new style, and I always disliked their original clothes. But I don't care too much, I'm just happy to see them back. They weren't my favorite companions, but I really like them, and it's great to see them getting the spotlight again. And with Megas, no less. Kinda hoping this means that USUM will be more kind to Mega Evolution than SM was.

I mean, if he rejoined his companions when he returned to Kanto, then why he didn't do so in the past series? It would have been so cool to see him interacting with his past companions for the last episodes of the series. So right now, during the 20th anniversary and after the movie, it looks more like a strategical commercial maneuver than a desire of bringing back the past.

Indeed and that would be very in line with the purpose of the anime itself. <3

I don't buy it, simply because they are presented in their Original Series forms. Both of them have evolved in their style since then. and Brock is supposed to be training to be a Pokemon Doctor now.

That being said, assuming this is right and he fights both of them, I see this as a great time for Litten to evolve into Torracat. Steelix is weak to fire.

Gotta love how Misty and Brock are back and suddenly everyone daydreams about seeing their favorite companions.
Man, I'm loving this and really looking forward to it, but I'd be surprised if even Tracey appears here.

Extracurricular Classes. From Dephender:
(blurb: They're both Nassy, but they look THIS extremely different)
What does "Nassy" mean?...

I don't buy it, simply because they are presented in their Original Series forms. Both of them have evolved in their style since then. and Brock is supposed to be training to be a Pokemon Doctor now.
From the scan:
Takeshi:
Satoshi's friend, whose goal it is to become a Pokémon Doctor.
Just because he is studying to become a doctor doesn't mean he can't take a few days off to see his old friend.

Them wearing their old clothes is probably because of the 20th anniversary aspect.

Ash secondary will be Lycanroc?
I cant see him using litten or rowlet against those megas.

FINALLY!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: What a good way to start the week.

I just asked for a small short, but this is a million times better. I can't wait to see the interactions, the continuity nods, the battles, the gags, Misty and Brock's Pokemon...It's a dream come true!

I doubt Ash's Pokemon will get something besides a couple of shots, but it's still a nice detail.

It seems like SM is an anniversary series, and that SM024 was indeed the door to "old" characters reappearing. I'm positive we we'll see more during the course of the series, but I doubt they will be predictable and will show them in order.

Guess who just got back today?
Them wild eyed Trainers that had been away
Haven't changed, haven't much to say
But man I still think them cats are crazy
They were asking if you were around
How you was, where you could be found
Told 'em you were Alola-bound
Still driving them Rockets crazy

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom