• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Eeveelutions in Sun/Moon or Gen 7?

As much as I'd want one, she seems to get new evolutions during every even-numbered gen (II, IV, and VI). If she would we'd probably know by now. In X/Y Sylveon was one of the first to be revealed. I'm not sure about Glaceon and Leafeon before DPP. Were they known in the pre-release season? What about Umbreon and Espeon, as well?
Im not trying to be rude or offend you, but eevee and the eeveelutions are a 88% male - 12% female ratio, that's even stated in every pokedex, please don't call eevees as a whole, a she/her xD

While I understand the argument about have more than enough eons, what with a total of 8 now, allow me to state a point:
Eevee is centered around its unstable genetics, and ability to adapt to any environment. To limit its possible forms to 8 of the many available types cuts away from this nature. If it can adapt to any environment, then logically, wouldn't this inevitably result in an evolution of every type? I mean, an eevee traveling with a trainer is exposed to every form of situation and environment, and thus should be able to adapt right? And to the ones arguing that there aren't any more ways to evolve it, there a stones that eevee can't yer use (Dawn, shiny, and Dusk stones) and many held items that result in evolution of other pokemon (steel coat, king's rock, reaper cloth, etc). Personally, I would love to see a Ghost eon, and it could evolve via the dusk stone. I know it isn't likely to happen, but the pokedex states it's adaptive nature so... lore wise from the games, it is actually reasonable.

We are likely getting a new Eevee evolution next gen. Gen 7 is one of those gens without one.

Eevee is centered around its unstable genetics, and ability to adapt to any environment. To limit its possible forms to 8 of the many available types cuts away from this nature. If it can adapt to any environment, then logically, wouldn't this inevitably result in an evolution of every type?
That would depend on the concepts they can come up with, and obviously, the methods used to bring these Eeveelutions to light in the first place. While it's logically sound, it all depends on the artists and their concepts.
I mean, an eevee traveling with a trainer is exposed to every form of situation and environment, and thus should be able to adapt right?
Of course, in saying that, Eevee was created in a time before Forme changes were a regular occurrence, and that only started to show itself fully in Generation III with Pokemon like Deoxys...
And to the ones arguing that there aren't any more ways to evolve it, there a stones that eevee can't yer use (Dawn, shiny, and Dusk stones) and many held items that result in evolution of other pokemon (steel coat, king's rock, reaper cloth, etc).
The only counterargument I have against this is that they seem to favour introducing an entirely new method of evolution every time they come up with a new one for Eevee. Instead of using the Leaf Stone, Leafeon requires the Moss Rock as a counterpart to Glaceon, who itself requires the Ice Rock. The friendship-based Espeon and Umbreon took advantage of a new mechanic introduced in the games they debuted in, as well as the time of day, and the same applies for Sylveon, taking advantage of the new affection mechanic and the new type introduced that Generation. If anything, I'd say it's more likely that they'd actually introduce yet another new method for Eevee to evolve than not.

Of course, I still sit firmly on the seat that they won't happen, as there's enough evidence out there to suggest that we're not getting one this Generation. Don't lose hope, but be warned of setting yourself up for disappointment.

It would make a lot of sense, considering the game is focusing on variation of pokemon. Different evolutions and all. I'd definitely like to see it happen, as eeveelutions are one of my favorite things about pokemon overall.

Espeon/Umbreon would have been ideal if they didn't already exist.

Gens 3 & 5 introduced no new Eeveelutions, so I'm going with the whole odd numbered gens don't introduce new Eeeveluions theory. I do agree with those that say it would make sense to introduce something new for it considering the themes; however, so perhaps Eevee itself might get an Alola forme that evolves into something interesting. Assuming that the rock puppy doesn't take over its role in the games like rumors suggest.

Last edited:
Ive always been on the dragon Eevee train (for the record yes living on a train your whole life is hard but I make due). Ive also always wanted a regular Normal Type eeveelution that would just build off of Eevee's design and/or incorporate the evolution concept into it's design, like maybe give it an ability like Protean, or Multitype, or something like Techno Blast. It would also be cool to give Eevee a megaeeveelution, or hell give all the eeveelutions one.

i think they sHould make it so all the types have a eevee evolution. i saw that no one mentioned flying type and !steel type and bug type so ill say it here

Ive always been on the dragon Eevee train (for the record yes living on a train your whole life is hard but I make due). Ive also always wanted a regular Normal Type eeveelution that would just build off of Eevee's design and/or incorporate the evolution concept into it's design, like maybe give it an ability like Protean, or Multitype, or something like Techno Blast. It would also be cool to give Eevee a megaeeveelution, or hell give all the eeveelutions one.
XD all of the eeveelutions get a mega eeveelution!!! and maybe they should call the normal type evolution eeveon ok im going crazy

XD all of the eeveelutions get a mega eeveelution!!! and maybe they should call the normaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal type evolution eeveon ok im going crazy
dragon

Last edited:
As many times as I've already said this, I'm going to say this again. To the people who keep saying we have "enough" eeveelutions, who cares if they add more? I get where you people are coming from but it's not like you have to use or even catch the pokemon. And for all you trainers that strive to complete the pokedex, more eeveelutions would just make it more of a challenge! Isn't that what you want??? If it doesn't affect your gameplay in a bad way then why ruin it for the people who want it? Gamefreak and Nintendo aren't adding any eeveelutions probably because too many people complained about there being "too many." please stop ruining other people's fun when something wont even affect you. It just annoys everyone else and puts them down. And I mean seriously people this is forrum and fandom rules #1!

As many times as I've already said this, I'm going to say this again. To the people who keep saying we have "enough" eeveelutions, who cares if they add more? I get where you people are coming from but it's not like you have to use or even catch the pokemon. And for all you trainers that strive to complete the pokedex, more eeveelutions would just make it more of a challenge! Isn't that what you want??? If it doesn't affect your gameplay in a bad way then why ruin it for the people who want it? Gamefreak and Nintendo aren't adding any eeveelutions probably because too many people complained about there being "too many." please stop ruining other people's fun when something wont even affect you. It just annoys everyone else and puts them down. And I mean seriously people this is forrum and fandom rules #1!
People are allowed to not be into the idea of more Eevees or be sick of them, and it could be argued that making them does effect the game negatively since that is time and effort that could go into another new mon.

Nobody is ruining anything either. Nobody that doesn't care much for Eeveelutions works for GF and I doubt they are really going to be influenced by the opinion that they shouldn't as long as the Eeevelutions are as popular as they are.

then next generation we will get 2 or 3?
I figure probably 1 maybe 2. They have all of the special types already besides Dragon so that's the one that is most likely to show up next. If there's another one then they are either planning on going into the physical attack types or doing a more off the wall thing.

Dragon needs to hapen soon.
I would say steel(strong against fairy , resists dragon, immune to poison) , poison(strong against fairy and grass) and ghost (weak to dark) are also very posibble.

Now there should be probably a eevolution for every singe type in future.

Juts curious if you guys think there will be any new eeveelutions in Sun / Moon or Gen 7. We saw Sylveon in X and Y. I personally don't think one will be realeased, but would love a Posion or fighting one.

UPDATE: After reading through some comments, I am confused as to why people are so opposed to any more evolutions? It wouldn't hurt the game in anyway, it's not some major change. If you don't like the eeveelutions, don't evolve your eevee. It's as simple as that. There's HUNDREDS of more Pokemon too play with, so why the opposition to a simple evolution?

I honestly would love for some new eeveelutions. As a trainer who specializes in eeveelutions, it would be nice to see some new types. Considering the fact that Eevee’s genes are unstable, so they mutate based on their surroundings, it would only seem logical that they would add more types.

Eevee is already suffering with eight evolutions. Adding another one would hurt.

Very true, let's add two instead! How about Ground and Steel to stabilize things! :D

Get stoned with a Rock type? Felling scrappy? How about a fighting type. Still up in the air on this topic, how about a Flying type! Want to be a legend? Have a Dragon type!

Feel like you want this topic to die? Make it a Ghost type.

Very true, let's add two instead! How about Ground and Steel to stabilize things! :D

Get stoned with a Rock type? Felling scrappy? How about a fighting type. Still up in the air on this topic, how about a Flying type! Want to be a legend? Have a Dragon type!

Feel like you want this topic to die? Make it a Ghost type.
This post made me sick. Must be a poison type!

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom