• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Lightning rod!

Ooh, have we gotten a flying type Pokemon with Lightning Rod before (that isn't part electric)? I'd love to get something like that.

Even though I know we already have some of these in Pokemon, I'd love to get something bat-like or flying squirrel-like for the flying Eeveelution. Something that involves altering its existing legs rather than tacking wings onto a four legged animal would be my favorite type of design for Gamefreak to go with for a flying Eevee (even though I'll be happy even if its doesn't go that way, I tend to like cute Pokemon by default)

There is a difference. In SM, it is only implied and it's not like Lillie and Gladion were hit or beaten. The worst that happened to them was that they had no control over any aspect of their lives. Why are you comparing that to the onscreen death of someone who is likely around the protagonist's age? On screen child death may result in the rating being elevated and I don't think GF wants that.
You also forget X any Y had people die, described a war where many pokemon died, Lysandre about to commit genocide, and him dying in the end. Not to mention most Ghost types have the most demonic and scariest dex entries. So pokemon can be dark if it wants to. And trust me, kids can handle these days.

I mean guys did anyone really expect anything else to happen? At this point we about the same amount of things going on for Pokemon day this year as we did last year. Here's how I see it going forward.

March: We get Zeraora (maybe even a teaser for it in the new trailer coming today)
April: Nothing (maybe a PMD announcement or something idk)
May: Maybe movie news, but prolly nothing more than presale info
June: Full Pokemon Switch announcement with a trailer and maybe even the new starters. (maybe we'll get a release date maybe we won't)

After that they can do anything they want. So maybe after June we'll actually get into a new season. I'm still a firm believer that early 2019 will be the time they release it, but I've said that enough I suppose......Anyway does that sound gucci to everyone because that's what I feel is the most likely to happen.

Exactly. In fact, a 2018 release was discarded in the moment that they didn't announce the game in January/early February imo. A game of a such visibility would not be announced this way (announced in March to launch in December), this is about marketing.

By the way things are going (with Pokemon Day official website, chat with Masuda etc), I would also rule out any information about the Switch game tomorrow. They continue to turn the fans' attention to other things.

Legendary Year...really? Let's just face it, a 2018 release is proving to be more and more unlikely. I lost all my hopes when I noticed the absence of information about it on Direct, to be honest.

We had Zeraora, then the release of Detective Pikachu in March, followed by the absence of information about the game in Direct, and now this, the "Legendary Year".

It's over guys, at least for me it's obvious that the game will not be released this year. We had the distribution of mythicals in Sun and Moon season, but it was the twentieth birthday, and Sun and Moon wasn't such an important generation jump as well. As I said in an old post, for a generation jump like this, would be best to announce the games in early January, for marketing purposes. Youtubers have already made the list of games they most want to play this year, for example...

The environment is no longer 'conducive' to an important announcement like this imo. They are totally turning the fans' attention to many other things.

But I still expect some little information about the games at E3.

I know people want to play the game soon, but we should remember how things really work with these companys.

About Eevee's appearance in the movie, I think if it will introduce something new, it will not be a "normal" eveelution, but rather a new gimmick or a new type eeveelution. They would not give this focus into it to be just a "normal" eeveelution. Of course it can be just a regular eevee either, but it's really curious how much attention they're giving to this Pokémon recently.

One last thing, a new form of Lugia or a new Eeveelution does not mean that we will get a 2018 release. Have you ever thought that they may have changed their posture in relation to the "break years"? Perhaps they have come to the conclusion that a year without a novelty is a bad thing for the franchise, and then they have decided to launch these new "forms" in the break years so that they can be obtained in the game of the following year, exactly as it was with Zygarde in 2015. The same thing could be happening now.

Last edited:
Exactly. In fact, a 2018 release was discarded in the moment that they didn't announce the game in January/early February imo. A game of a such visibility would not be announced this way (announced in March to launch in December), this is about marketing.

By the way things are going (with Pokemon Day official website, chat with Masuda etc), I would also rule out any information about the Switch game tomorrow. They are turning the fans' attention to other things.

I know people want to play the game soon, but we should remember how things really work with these companys.

On Eevee's movie, I think if he introduces something really new, it will not be a "normal" eveelution, but rather a new gimmick or a new type eeveelution. They would not give this focus into it to be just a "normal" eeveelution. Of course it can be just a regular eevee either, but it's really curious how much attention they're giving to this Pokémon recently.

One last thing, a new form of Lugia or a new Eeveelution does not mean that we will get a 2018 release. Have you ever thought that they may have changed their posture in relation to the "break years"? Perhaps they have come to the conclusion that a year without a novelty is a bad thing for the franchise, and then they have decided to launch these new "forms" in the break years so that they can be obtained in the game of the following year, exactly as it was with Zygarde in 2015. The same thing could be happening now.
Oh god! Not again. "2018 or later" not "2018", not "2019", not "TBA". Still today nothing confirmed. So please, stop with unuseful optimism/pessimism.
--------

The trailer didn't reveal anyrhing important, right? Corocoro scoop cannot be related to anything we have seen so far, correct?

You also forget X any Y had people die, described a war where many pokemon died, Lysandre about to commit genocide, and him dying in the end. Not to mention most Ghost types have the most demonic and scariest dex entries. So pokemon can be dark if it wants to. And trust me, kids can handle these days.
We're talking about onscreen child death. Something that not a lot of shows, movies, and games touch on. If it does, expect a high rating. Having onscreen child death may result in the game's rating getting elevated and I don't think GF wants that.

Oh god! Not again. "2018 or later" not "2018", not "2019", not "TBA". Still today nothing confirmed. So please, stop with unuseful optimism/pessimism.
--------

The trailer didn't reveal anyrhing important, right? Corocoro scoop cannot be related to anything we have seen so far, correct?

I'm just giving my opinion, you are not required to agree with.

Last edited:

By the way things are going (with Pokemon Day official website, chat with Masuda etc), I would also rule out any information about the Switch game tomorrow. They continue to turn the fans' attention to other things.

About Eevee's appearance in the movie, I think if it will introduce something new, it will not be a "normal" eveelution, but rather a new gimmick or a new type eeveelution. They would not give this focus into it to be just a "normal" eeveelution. Of course it can be just a regular eevee either, but it's really curious how much attention they're giving to this Pokémon recently.

I have no idea where people are getting “if the games aren’t announced in Jan or Feb then there won’t be games in 2018!” from. That literally makes no sense, is blatant misinformation and a lie.” Depending on how they want to pass it, they can literally announce the games anytime from now to June and able to release in in Nov or Dec depends on how much info they want to share.

we got the movie title and zeraora not on it.. wtf is going on
"I Choose You" didn't name any Pokemon, so they're just being consistent. However, like with Ash's Pikachu, this title could potentially be a reference to a Pokemon we don't know yet, i.e. the one they're revealing in two weeks. Although, so far, it looks like it's just referring to this cast.

We're talking about onscreen child death. Something that not a lot of shows, movies, and games touch on. If it does, expect a high rating. Having onscreen child death may result in the game's rating getting elevated and I don't think GF wants that.
Meh, turn him to stone, throw him down a well, fade into sparkly particle, or even simply shut his eyes. All that is PG enough

Until the fat Lady Snorlax sings, I don't think we should even be debating a release date for these games. With Gen 7 and even Gen 6, Game Freak and TPC have become almost unpredictable. Literally anything can happen.

Why would there be less now?

Anyway supposedly some movie merch has been listed leaving 3 blank spots to be revealed later. Something to keep an eye on.

View: https://twitter.com/pokeshoppervgc/status/968245325176672256

Just a quick question, because I honestly haven’t been paying attention; do these merchandise leaks ever lead to anything? I can’t seem to remember the last time one panned out to something remarkable.

Even implied child death can elevate the rating, which is what happened to Revenge of the Sith.

Any time you encounter a Phantump it’s implied...

Last edited:
I have no idea where people are getting “if the games aren’t announced in Jan or Feb then there won’t be games in 2018!” from. That literally makes no sense, is blatant misinformation and a lie.” Depending on how they want to pass it, they can literally announce the games anytime from now to June and able to release in in Nov or Dec depends on how much info they want to share.
And what about the marketing? Nobody announces a game and releases it 4 months later, that's not how it works

I'm just giving my opinion, you're not required to agree with.
It's not the opinion, it's the assumption. Nintendo listed the games as "2018 or later" at the end of January. So please tell me how this "a 2018 release was discarded in the moment that they didn't announce the game in January/early February imo" is possible in your opinion. Don't you think GF knew at the 31st of January if they would have made an announcement in January (litterally impossible)/early February or not? So why don't they simply put 2019, assuming they didn't lie to their own investors? Cause the games were not supposed to be announced in January/early February obiouvsly. The fact that the games were not announced in February means nothing. And this is like speculating on nothing.
The games were listed as 2018 or later at the end of January so an announcement was clearly not meant to happen too early this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom