• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be a while before we know at any rate. Right now, I would feel that someone needs to tell them that they don't need to rush.

I suspect that fan impatience doesn't impact how quickly or slowly Gamefreak releases a game- they probably listen mostly to Nintendo's marketers, while also having their own plans and schedules. I don't think we have to worry too much about affecting whether the game is rushed or not.

If there's one thing that I don't want in the Switch game, it's voice acting. Voice acting in English translations of Japanese games is usually so cringeworthy that I have to turn the volume all the way down. I also don't want the Pokemon to say their names like in the anime, because that is so grating and cartoony.

I think that "reboot" does not imply getting rid of 800 pokemon to create new ones. That's not gonna happen. Something like gen 5 can happen, so old pokemon can only appear in post game, but imo neither this is gonna happen.
The reboot will probably concern the gameplay. This could mean a lot of things.
Stupid examples: the main focus of the games could no more be gyms/trials and League but simple exploration and collection. The games could focus entirly on the plot so we could be no more 10 years old trainers on a journey but, let's say, members of a team who investigates over the villains. We don't start as young trainers but as a young Professor who has to create the Pokedex of the region. Major changes in the battle system are likely to happen to fit with a new form of adventure. Stuff like this.
If you are worried about Lucario never making the Switch, I think it's safe to say that you can relax.

I think that "reboot" does not imply getting rid of 800 pokemon to create new ones. That's not gonna happen. Something like gen 5 can happen, so old pokemon can only appear in post game, but imo neither this is gonna happen.
The reboot will probably concern the gameplay. This could mean a lot of things.
Stupid examples: the main focus of the games could no more be gyms/trials and League but simple exploration and collection. The games could focus entirly on the plot so we could be no more 10 years old trainers on a journey but, let's say, members of a team who investigates over the villains. We don't start as young trainers but as a young Professor who has to create the Pokedex of the region. Major changes in the battle system are likely to happen to fit with a new form of adventure. Stuff like this.
If you are worried about Lucario never making the Switch, I think it's safe to say that you can relax.
I don't think that they'll change the formula too much. They may alienate fans and cause a decrease in sales.

I don't think that they'll change the formula too much. They may alienate fans and cause a decrease in sales.
Or they could keep old fans and bring new ones. It depends on how good the games are made. You are pointing to a failure. You may like it, who knows?

I don't get why adding voice acting in the games it means that they should change the Pokemon cries as well. All Pokemon already have their own voices in the games and the only cry which changed was Pikachu's once XY was released because it's the most iconic one.

If there's one thing that I don't want in the Switch game, it's voice acting. Voice acting in English translations of Japanese games is usually so cringeworthy that I have to turn the volume all the way down. I also don't want the Pokemon to say their names like in the anime, because that is so grating and cartoony.

Again, I doubt they'll give any pokemon other than pikachu a voice (and I wish they didn't even do that because it's jarring) because there's really just no reason to, the nondescript sounds are fine as they are- plus that would be a lot of work to translate 800+ creatures into multiple languages whereas some dialogue would be much less pointlessly time consuming. As for being "cringeworthy"- I'm sure they could afford some decent English voice talent, at least, and hopefully there would be an option to turn it off if you don't want it. Or you could just turn the volume down. Voice acting would just be helpful for those of us who can tolerate watching cut scenes better with voices in them. And it would probably be restricted to just cut scenes anyway, with the usual text everywhere else. Like Kingdom Hearts.

I don't get why adding voice acting in the games it means that they should change the Pokemon cries as well. All Pokemon already have their own voices in the games and the only cry which changed was Pikachu's once XY was released because it's the most iconic one.
Most likely because they are anime fans and they want the games to be more like the anime.

Most likely because they are anime fans and they want the games to be more like the anime.
I believe they're referring to the people who immediately rejected voice acting with the point of "I don't want to hear pokemon say their names" when no one was in support of that being a thing.

ew voice acting for pokemon like the anime, that's terrible.

Don't know if you heard the rumor about the last Pokemon direct being removed from the official site and that a new pokemon direct is coming for this reason (means nothing imo), but I'm waiting for a tweet from Joe Merrick saying that these things happen really often and that we should not expect anything. XD

I'd appreciate a thorough reboot now that I want Gen V to VII to lose relevance since I've never had positive feelings for the last 3 gens.
I get why you would feel like that for Gen VII , but gen V and VI were good and it would be a massive mistake for them to lose relevance.

With 2018 release pokemon will compete with smash with 2019 release it will probably compete with metroid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom