• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna be straight-up honest right now. The reason that I would gladly welcome a revisit to Kanto and *hopefully including* the Sevii Islands is because I haven't gone through those since FireRed and LeafGreen. So in other words over 10 years; I barely remember what the routes and landscapes look like. I played HGSS but I didn't play past the Lake of Rage so I didn't make it to the Kanto part. I have zero interest in playing the originals on the VC because of how lackluster the exploration and story are compared to my favorites Hoenn and Sinnoh. To have added and expanded areas, a brand-new story with new and old characters, and with Gen 7 or better graphics and more available Pokemon would be enough to please me, almost just as much as a brand-new region would for me.

No, if they didn't change it, it would be because there was still no announcement up to that point.

the point I was trying to make is that no announcement up to that point is a bad idea on their part, going into the investors meeting with nothing to say about their biggest currently announced switch title

To be fair Nintendo doesn't have much to prove at this point. They're doing great and have the upper hand in recent years. They could simply show some stuff that's already been known to some degree and then tell investors to look forward to e3. Everyone knows Nintendo has something good up their sleeve so it's unnecessary to show their hand before e3 where they could wow everyone at once. The investors meeting is a good time to show new stuff, but they don't have to given where they are now

g-guys
DbQYGBlWsAIue2O.jpg
This Lapras thing has become hilarious. At the beginning I was kinda scared each time I saw one of these "hints" to the leaked picture. Now, it's just funny.
It's like the flying eeveelution: it's obvious to the point that it's probably fake.

I didn't make it past the first island in Sun or Moon, what Sinnoh references were there?
Sorry for the late response... Actually this was probably answered already I’m the few pages I missed, but I’ll take a shot.

Basically what I was trying to say earlier, I’d look at Or/As and X/Y. The theme of destruction and starting over was present in X/Y which fit well with Or/As. Also Mega Evolution > Primal Reversion.

D/P Remakes would fit really well with the Ultra Space theme in Sun/Moon. Also as people mentioned before it mirrors things from X/Y > Or/As for example X/Ys pre order event was Mega Blaziken > G3 Remakes. Sun/Moon was Munchlax (A Gen 4 mon) with a Z-Crystal.

But that doesn’t answer your question... Here are the references/hints...

- Type: Null And Sylvally. It’s name is literally called RKS (The way Arceus is pronounced).

- Again the whole Ultra Space theme would fit really well.

- The lab that talks about the creation trio

- All the D/P cameos

- Let’s not forget Cyrus and Cynthia literally mean Sun and Moon

- “Diamond Head” And “Pearl Harbor” in Alola

- People believe they see Dialga/Palkia in the clouds of Us/Um

Again, not too much, but it would be odd to continue an intergalactic storyline after they likely “shift gears” in Generation 8. Like how X/Y featured Mega Evolutions amd Or/As continued. Sun/Moon ended the focus on Mega Evolution so it would have been weird to continue the Mega Evolution storyline after Sun/Moon. And even though it “hasn’t happened before”, IMO it makes sense to close of the Sun/Moon story in D/P Remakes, shift gears in Generation 8, then maybe have a Kanto Remake in 2021/the 25th anniversary.

Personally I don’t really care if it’s D/P Remakes, Kanto remakes, or Generation 8, I just want to have some news... I am just saying IMO what I think might happen

- Type: Null And Sylvally. It’s name is literally called RKS (The way Arceus is pronounced).

Probably worthy noting that the Japanese name of RKS system is: AR System, likely referring to Arceus, but not everyone may have picked up on this, hence some localisations calling it the Alpha System, unless they were intentionally being obscure.

Probably worthy noting that the Japanese name of RKS system is: AR System, likely referring to Arceus, but not everyone may have picked up on this, hence some localisations calling it the Alpha System, unless they were intentionally being obscure.

Arceus is the Alpha Pokémon afterall.

To be fair Nintendo doesn't have much to prove at this point. They're doing great and have the upper hand in recent years. They could simply show some stuff that's already been known to some degree and then tell investors to look forward to e3. Everyone knows Nintendo has something good up their sleeve so it's unnecessary to show their hand before e3 where they could wow everyone at once. The investors meeting is a good time to show new stuff, but they don't have to given where they are now

I don't think people are expecting anything beyond a release date being given at the investors meeting. Whether if it's a definitive date or if it's still "2018 or later" is still uncertain. But like I said in a previous post, they are obligated as a business to give the investors some sort of update on the schedule. It doesn't matter that they know a game is being developed, they still have to give at least a rough estimate on a schedule.

I'm gonna be straight-up honest right now. The reason that I would gladly welcome a revisit to Kanto and *hopefully including* the Sevii Islands is because I haven't gone through those since FireRed and LeafGreen. So in other words over 10 years; I barely remember what the routes and landscapes look like. I played HGSS but I didn't play past the Lake of Rage so I didn't make it to the Kanto part. I have zero interest in playing the originals on the VC because of how lackluster the exploration and story are compared to my favorites Hoenn and Sinnoh. To have added and expanded areas, a brand-new story with new and old characters, and with Gen 7 or better graphics and more available Pokemon would be enough to please me, almost just as much as a brand-new region would for me.
This is where I'm at. I'd absolutely love remakes of FRLG. I refuse to play RGBY because they're absolute trash compared to everything that follows and playing FRLG on a GBA at this point is far too tedious and requires going back to mechanics that are 15 years old at this point.

Isnt FRLG technically next in line for a remake instead of diamond and pearl anyway?

I have the exact opposite problem, I've played red/blue/yellow so many times I have the whole game memorized. I know where to go at any point in the game without getting lost, I never have to look at the map I just know the Kanto map by heart. I know where most of the hidden items are, I know what Pokemon to catch at what point to deal with tough matchups. I know how to trick the AI into doing dumb stuff. I know the gen 1 Pokemon move sets by heart.

So when I say I'm not looking forward to a gen 1 remake this is the reason. There really isn't anything to be excited about for me I know it all better than the back of my hand.

Isnt FRLG technically next in line for a remake instead of diamond and pearl anyway?

Technically…

What'll be interesting to see is if they do get remakes, which will heavily shape the series' future as it'll set the precedence for all remakes, past and future to receive remakes of themselves, a likely event as Gamefreak wouldn't leave the previous regions to be forgotten…but then again they could just skip the Remakes regardless…

I know there are those that are hoping for a 2021 Kanto revisit to commemorate the 25th anniversary, but I'm doubtful of this as it's not just celebrating Red and Green, but Pokémon as a whole, assuming we get a game this year, that'll be a release for 2018, they could do Gen IV remakes for 2020 and release the 3rd-3rd/4th versions of the next games to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Pokémon for 2021, to me everything else they could do just seems too crowded and and too great a load for them to manage…anyway I'll spare you the details; but we'll see.

What's also curious to consider is if the next games are a Kanto revisit, will they do 3rd-3rd/4th versions or will they opt out on them like they did with X/Y? (But my theory on that is they realised that doing a Z wasn't suitable for their schedule having intended Sun/Moon for the 20th anniversary so the project never amounted to more than a few Moves left in the code and everything that could be relegated to a mere extra addition in Sun and Moon, was).

I know there are those that are hoping for a 2021 Kanto revisit to commemorate the 25th anniversary, but I'm doubtful of this as it's not just celebrating Red and Green, but Pokémon as a whole,
I doubt this, since GameFreak's idea for the 20th anniversary was "KANTO REFERENCES PARTY!" They clearly value Kanto more than the other regions when it comes to the anniversary.

assuming we get a game this year, that'll be a release for 2018, they could do Gen IV remakes for 2020 and release the 3rd-3rd/4th versions of the next games to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Pokémon for 2021,
3rd/4th Versions themselves on the Switch would be underwhelming. And it'll be the next level of underwhelming to have Pokemon Double Plus and Double Minus as the 25th anniversary game. I think this is the reason they skipped Z- A third version is an underwhelming way to celebrate anniversaries.

I think this is the most sensible way to go for GameFreak:
2018: Generation 8
2020: Sinnoh Remakes
2021: Kanto game

I kinda wonder if this remake loop isn't turning into something- like the reason for the seemingly looming likelihood of a return to Kanto. We've hit the point where remakes are starting to double up, so I want to say that combining them all into one game (one DLC at a time) almost makes the most sense but... does it? This is a weird point in time, no wonder everything seems to be going turvy.

TBH we probably won't even be talking about remakes and the like 10 years from now. With the way technology is progressing, it probably won't be long before we can download ourselves into a massive online Pokemon game like SAO.

GameFreak's idea for the 20th anniversary was "KANTO REFERENCES PARTY!"

New Region or Old, I think we can expect a repeat of such regardless.

I think this is the reason they skipped Z- A third version is an underwhelming way to celebrate anniversaries.

For Gen III, IV and VI, 3rd Versions released 2 Years after the initial Versions, meaning a Z would've been slated for a 2015 release assuming it was considered, indicating Z would've been scrapped as it would've overcrowded the games with Gen VII planned for 2016/20th anniversary, not because Gamefreak would've thought it to be an ill-suited anniversay game.

I think this is the most sensible way to go for GameFreak:
2018: Generation 8
2020: Sinnoh Remakes
2021: Kanto game

It'll definetly be interesting to see how things pan out for Pokémon releases over the next few years, I know there is always the possibility that Gen 8 will come next year, though in my opinion it's doubtful that would change their release plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom