• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's happened twice before, or rather thrice since the gap between RG and GS was 3 years and 9 months. I don't think that the series should become completely annual just because some fans are never happy with what they have.
You said this multiple times but it's not the same thing. The four-year generations didn't take place mostly after the next console's launch. March 2017 to November 2020 is an insanely long wait. The most we've waited for a new generation after a console's launch was roughly 2.5 years, and even that was relatively long, as evidenced by Iwata's reaction to B2W2. I don't think it's fair to say that we're ungrateful if we want a brand new game for our new console sooner than later and don't want an old region to delay it so much. Few other Nintendo studios wait 3+ years to release a brand new entry for the newest console.

Last edited:
@Joker901; Life tends to take people in different directions, maybe Blue decided that being a gym leader wasn't for him after all and decided to pursue something else? It is possible.
Course it is...I was just joking over the idea of a 20 years old guy retiring...

So that ryuki guy from sumo/usum, don‘t know if it was discussed already, is it safe to assume that he will be a gym leader in gen 8, or is it even possible we will see him in Pokemon Pikachu/Eevee games as a leader in kanto.

That would not be in any way safe to assume, no.

My preference for returning gym leaders: Lt. Surge, Erika, Janine

I certainly wouldn't mind more returning faces, but I feel that the other characters can get other roles. Brock would work as a doctor at Pokemon Centers, Misty would advance to the Elite Four, Sabrina would use her psychic tricks in movies, Blaine's connection to Fuji would be explored, and Blue would work with Red to help the player (and probably lead the Battle Tree). Also:

Elite Four: Misty, Will, ?, Karen

Champion: Silver (It would only be fitting if Lance passed the torch onto him.)

as evidenced by Iwata's reaction to B2W2.
B2W2 were DS games that benefitted from a 3DS app. The complaint was a lot more justified in that case.

I don't want these games or the next ones to turn out mediocre due to impatience. I waited nearly 6 years to enjoy a 3DS game.

@Stygian false rumors don't really prove or show anything since they are well false.

@InfernapeTheWise It is true that a the name of a Pokémon name line game hasn't been revealed at E3 and least not in a very long time. Also gens V-VII were revealed April or earlier. Also whether or not a pattern means something is subjective. There are logistical reasons to want to keep all mutually compatible games on the same system.

If you take a false rumor at false value yeah, but nobody knows what happens behind closed doors. All I'm saying as everything on that front lines up too nicely. I don't mean it's certain proof or anything but imo it's interesting to see

I wouldn't mind them replacing Gym Leaders depending on when the games take place~ We can see the original leaders around Kanto somewhere perhaps~

As for the "Generation" term being a bit iffy, I think Generations are generally meant to refer to a new region, set of Pokemon, evil team, etc. Nothing to do with consoles, so, if Pikachu and Eevee is still in Kanto with no new mons, IMO, it's still Gen VII because they're not showing anything new.

My preference for returning gym leaders: Lt. Surge, Erika, Janine

I like these picks. Though I do think Brock has a high chance of still being a gym leader, just for a sense of familiarity. (Assuming that we'll be travelling through the region similarly to RBY/FRLG, with Pewter City being an early stop.)

Misty as an Elite 4 sounds great.

He isn't even Ash's primary rival right now, though.

I know that back in XYZ, Ash said he wanted to return to Kanto and start from scratch. I guess that Delia suggested that he take a vacation in Alola first, which led him to joining the school. What I'm unsure about is whether or not Prof. Kukui asked Ash about his future plans, and he reiterated what he said in XYZ. Is that true?

Regarding Ilima, the anime has made strange choices about who can appear in subsequent journeys and who can't. There isn't an example with main characters, but about other characters we have Aipom, Phanpy, Brandon, Clair, the girl from the first Ranger game...

Ash always wants to "return to Kanto and start from scratch" because it's his home region, I don't think the feeling of rechallenging the league has ever crossed his mind. And apparently, he didn't choose Pokemon School over any journey he had in mind, he didn't menction having plans.

I prefer Pixelpar's hints, but I guess VegetableBird isn't a troll and deserves my apology.

They're supposed to have universal appeal, but I don't see what's wrong with Pikachu or Eevee. The "Let's Go" addition is harmless and can be omitted.

I prefer these to ORAS are just a little too edgy, and USUM which are lazy.

Do you really see a reboot of Yellow being treated as a spin-off game?
Agreed
Vegetablecookin's riddles were too hard

What if Viridian City ends up being the first gym this time around? That would be a twist instead of the gym being last, it ends up being the first gym the players go through. That is if we even start in Pallet Town.

I do hope that many peoples' idea about scaled Gyms happens to some extent, or certainly there could be definite rematches possible at each one!

I wonder what they will do about Yellow Post game. Kanto had no postgame outside of mewtwo. I wonder if we will get a cool battle facilities or something similar.

Last edited:
Seriously? That's just... *sigh* GameFreak you are such an underwhelming company. Upscaled 3DS graphics won't cut it, especially since the 3DS games are already just baby steps and not really comparable to 3DS games created by companies who actually create 3D games like Kingdom Hearts 3D.

Besides we are on the Switch now. No excuses left.
I guess they are saving the good graphics for gen 8 in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom