• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The regions in each game never seem to be based on whole continents. I don’t see them taking Australia and turning it into a region. At most they’d take a city or two, and parts of the deeper outback, then work the region around that. Similar to what they did with Unova.

Yes we know that anything with the title “Pokemon” is going to sell well. What’s your point?
Damn, my point must have been heavily misinterpreted.

I know I'm answering rather late, but my point in saying that the games will sell is that the pessimistic attitudes that I keep seeing will all amount to nothing; one can absolutely hate the games with every fiber of their being, and it will only cause frustration and loathing for themselves, since they ultimately made the games a bad experience for themselves when they would have taken the optimistic route like the majority of people are/will. I'm not saying that opinions don't count, but overeacting to changes to a video game franchise that make the Pokemon experience accessible/appealing to more people seems like a little much. After all, why feel like Game Freak is stabbing you in the back when millions of other people are having the time of their life?

But if you really feel strongly against LGPE, I appreciate strong evidence and reasoning. That goes for everyone (not a threat, in case it seems like it :LOL:).

No offence to New Zealand, but from my perspective it seems a bit too…narrow, linear…to be it's own region, I looked up some fan-ideas and the best seemed too packed, no enough space unfortunately…also I always imagined it as being more suited to a Post-Game/Pokémon League area for an Australian Region, something like the Battle Zone in Gen IV maybe, Stewart Island could be the League's Location and then you can explore the South and North Islands afterwards or one Island is the Victory Road and then other is the League or they're both in one and the other is an extra area akin to the Battle Zone.
The Type Species V. mongoliensis is from Mongolia while V. osmolskae is from present day China, but as far as I know they do whatever they want with Fossil Pokémon.
And if/when they do China, I'd like to see an Ice-Type Tiger…Ice/Dragon-Type Tiger? Dragons and Tigers are supposedly rivals in China.

Quick reminder that the Unova region was based on New York City, Game Freak can take the liberty of having "New Zealand" be bigger than the real New Zealand if necessary. That same Unova region was quite the linear one too, especially in BW1. They can work with anything, really.

I know I'm answering rather late, but my point in saying that the games will sell is that the pessimistic attitudes that I keep seeing will all amount to nothing; one can absolutely hate the games with every fiber of their being, and it will only cause frustration and loathing for themselves, since they ultimately made the games a bad experience for themselves when they would have taken the optimistic route like the majority of people are/will. I'm not saying that opinions don't count, but overeacting to changes to a video game franchise that make the Pokemon experience accessible/appealing to more people seems like a little much. After all, why feel like Game Freak is stabbing you in the back when millions of other people are having the time of their life?
Why should i feel differently about LGPE just bevause other people are excited for them? Good for everyone who are looking forward to them, but i can’t pretend to like something for the sake of jumping on a bandwagon.
But if you really feel strongly against LGPE, I appreciate strong evidence and reasoning.
-It uses the most overused region in the series with little changes.
-Arbitrarily limiting to the first 151 for no reason.
-It has gameplay elements from a cellphone game i don’t care about either.
-Stripped down features(wild battles, GTS ect...) for no reason.
-Artsyle looks bad.

But let’s just move on. I don’t feel bitter or whatever just because i don’t feel the same way about these games like other people who are looking forward to them.

New Zealand would be cool. The water starter could be a Kiwi Bird. And we could get water dragons (look it up, it’s pretty cool). And also the regional bird could be steel type since I believe I read somewhere that there are birds in New Zealand that love cars/attacking them (something along those lines).

Or a China region could be cool. Reclining Slaking statue. Terra”Sawk”a Army, They could even throw in Mount Everest in there. And didn’t velociraptors come from China? So that would be the regional fossil mon. And there will be dragons, lots of dragons...

Or Egypt would be cool, maybe get info on the “origin” of Pokémon, and Arceus could be in it.

As someone that lives in New Zealand, there is a whole amount they could make as Pokemon (Of course all countries have there unique animals): Kiwi bird (National animal) would probs be a starter, some new form of a cow and sheep pokemon, fossils could be a Moa, the dragon you're thinking of is a Taniwha (And yeh Water dragon), bug could be a Weta (Rock bug), maybe finally get a Dolphin. Legends could be based off Maori legends And like stated above, there is like a billion birds here they could make Pokemon out of. I could go on but yeh :D.

As for the whole past argument of tropical climate regions, one of the islands can be based cold as the South island is one of the closest landmass to Antarctica and normally reaches in the negatives in the island while the north is more summery.

Geographically, we have different ranges of mountains, a super volcano in the form of a lake, vast plains of land and so on.

As for the mapping issue, they could easily get around this by moving some stuff around.

Last edited:
Well, I think out of all of this backlash TPCI is receiving I have learned that everyone identifies certain aspects of Pokemon as making up their love for Pokemon, and thus changing core aspects has the capacity of completely ruining one's love... and that's ok. I have my own reasons for loving Pokemon, and so do others, and if they don't line up it's simply a result of different tastes. Thus, I'll just let those who don't really want the game be, and I'll just look forward to November of this year. I'm just glad I've finally drawn up a conclusion for myself.

Maybe it's because I was introduced to Pokemon in Gen V that I don't care much about what Game Freak chooses to do? Either way, I'm honestly hoping at this point that the Plus and Minus leaks end up being the 2019 games. From my confidemce in the leaked Lapras image, I've learned to just vouch for leaks that I believe in.

Alola achieved a rich level of detail, culture and association with Hawaii despite Hawaii itself being fairly small. They had little to work with and got a lot out of it.

I def feel something bigger like NZ, China or other parts of Asia Gamefreak could easily take it to the next level and that would make for a great region to base a game in. I think it’s proof that Gamefreak can work with a small real life area or a big one like a country like Australia , so nothing is off the cards.

I think that we should really get a London region. I think it would be nice if it was made to be Victorian and old, it would show what London used to be like. To be fair, I wouldn't mind modern London because we could get back the trains like there was in Unova. It would be cool if there was a gym inside Big Ben like Clemont's gym in the "Eiffel Tower".

I think that we should really get a London region. I think it would be nice if it was made to be Victorian and old, it would show what London used to be like. To be fair, I wouldn't mind modern London because we could get back the trains like there was in Unova. It would be cool if there was a gym inside Big Ben like Clemont's gym in the "Eiffel Tower".

That could easily be done given what Kalos did with France and general Europe. I'd love to see a London associated region or even general England,there's so much especially with culture and lore and many myths to draw from.

That could easily be done given what Kalos did with France and general Europe. I'd love to see a London associated region or even general England,there's so much especially with culture and lore and many myths to draw from.
Yeah exactly, that was what I was thinking! I think that it would be nice as England has a rich history and a very specific one too.

I remember a Pokedex entry of Yungoos where it was stated to not have been from Alola, I know it's not from the regions that came before Alola. I would really want that region to be the next Pokemon region. Maybe the Rattata line can't be found in the wild of that region because of Yungoos being there, which would give them a perfect time to stop reusing Kanto Pokemon in early routes.

I would love Italy,but wouldn't it be too linear?
They could easily connect several routes to and between Sardinia, Corsica and the mainland so the Region is more open and maybe even incorporate some territory from the surrounding landmasses, like how in Gen IV the Battle Zone is actually part of Sakhalin (Russia), not Hokkaido (Japan).

I would be rather interested in seeing Spain, England, Or Mexico. With the latter two they could even have several people from Kalos show up because of proximity (in real life, at least.)

I really want a Scandinavian region. With Alola, we now have two tropical regions. I don't want anything even remotely 'warm', no Australia, Egypt, South America, etc., etc. The Scandinavian countries are just gorgeous, with unique landscapes, and architecture different from what we've seen before. They are also really underrepresented in media.

I really want a Scandinavian region. With Alola, we now have two tropical regions. I don't want anything even remotely 'warm', no Australia, Egypt, South America, etc., etc. The Scandinavian countries are just gorgeous, with unique landscapes, and architecture different from what we've seen before. They are also really underrepresented in media.
Yeah, I would also like to see that too actually. We have many regions with just one polar area, we definitely need more of those areas. Scandinavia is really beautiful, I didn't think of that when deciding what region I want to see next! :p
@noworry, what do you think? ;)

Yeah, I would also like to see that too actually. We have many regions with just one polar area, we definitely need more of those areas. Scandinavia is really beautiful, I didn't think of that when deciding what region I want to see next! :p
@noworry, what do you think? ;)
Well, personally I'd love to see something based on Scandinavia, but maybe that's because I live there :p

I think there's lots of interesting aspects they could use in a region based on it, along with beautiful nature and colder climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom