• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

I think they won't be able to communicate directly with each other. Maybe through Bank.
I wonder if the game will be able to accomidate the rest of the Pokemon in post game or through updates. Pokemon Quest definitely is. There are placeholders for 808 Pokemon.

I wonder if the game will be able to accomidate the rest of the Pokemon in post game or through updates. Pokemon Quest definitely is. There are placeholders for 808 Pokemon.

I imagine it'll be a similar story to Quest. I also find it extremely hard to believe that Pokemon from 152+ won't be in the game's code, we just might not be able to access them. All the Kanto and Johto Pokemon were in RS, for example, despite not being available unless they were native to the Hoenn Dex, despite being series "reboots", and with no way to get them, but that's because you could get them in later years with FRLG, Colosseum, etc.

I imagine it'll be a similar story to Quest. I also find it extremely hard to believe that Pokemon from 152+ won't be in the game's code, we just might not be able to access them. All the Kanto and Johto Pokemon were in RS, for example, despite not being available unless they were native to the Hoenn Dex, despite being series "reboots", and with no way to get them, but that's because you could get them in later years with FRLG, Colosseum, etc.
I wonder what places will be explorable in this game. Kanto, obviously, but I do wonder if Johto and or the Sevii Islands will be included.

CoroCoro's cover hasn't leaked yet, huh? Expecting CC news tomorrow or Wednesday.

Specially since it’s more convenient for 'casuals' than remembering the physical/special alignment of the type as a whole.
The current physical/special split is much more convenient to remember. I don’t have to reference a type chart to know that Fire Punch is a physical attack and flamethrower is special.

Good luck convincing a 'casual' that thunder punch is supposed to be a special attack if it happens :p

Are abilities confirmed to not be in the game?

Well with E3 today I suspect we'll have learned something new about these games...even if it's just second hand stuff from people who played the demo.

The livestream apparently starts at 9:00 AM Pacific and 12:00 PM Eastern.

So, Mew confirmed to be locked behind a $50 paywall. (Pokeball plus exclusive).

It’s more like “Buy this item, and we’ll throw in Mew as a bonus!” Not that it technically makes a difference since you still have to pay money before unlocking it. I’d much rather have Mew be put behind the truck though. Maybe that’ll be reserved for the new Pokémon instead?

It would seem like the case if it hadn’t been the only way to obtain Mew.
Like I said, not that it makes much of a difference.

Honestly, this game is starting to seem more and more like a cheap cash-grab to drag in the Pokémon Go players. Can’t Game Freak give us something more positive about this game for E3?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom