• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, is there a chance that crown and scepter might not be the names, but rather the items that summon legendary Pokemon? I mean the only generation in which the legendary ever did the thing related to the name is Gen 7, while things like color scheme doesn't count doing the literal sense to me. Yeah, Dialga and Palkia does have the theming of diamond and pearl as part of their design, but that's literately the only part that relates to the title, that and their orbs.

Hints are supposed to be subtle. They don't want to give it away completely.
When you look back at past games there's plenty of these hints, rarely are the 2 together.

The USUM boxart had the words "Let's Go" plastered over the back, they didn't say, "Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee"
In X and Y we were given an item called the "Strange Souvenir" that looked like a Tiki that can be from Hawaii or a variety of places in the Pacific, we weren't given an item called "the Hawaiian lei"

For me what did it was the anime specifically referring to Big Ben as being in a faraway region.
Let's Go is also just a common phrase- it might not have been a hint? The back of a box doesn't make sense as a place to put a hint for another game.

And there's no reason why they would need a Hawaiian lei with the tiki- the games weren't named Lei and Tiki.

If the games were named Crown and Sceptre and that was the whole hint was ooooh crowns and sceptres, then it would make more sense to picture them together, not post a ton of pictures of a product line featuring a pikachu holding a sceptre and have one artist independently on his own twitter post a pikachu with a crown. They're not even remotely connected- they're for separate holidays using typical holiday imagery (whether it's typical holiday imagery more associated with a specific country or not).

Speaking of, I have never really hardcore celebrated New Year's, but is a crown really that much of a British thing? Because I feel like we get them with the New Year supplies in the US too, just that not a lot of people go all out on New Year parties in any way but buying alcohol.

Let's Go is also just a common phrase- it might not have been a hint? The back of a box doesn't make sense as a place to put a hint for another game.

And there's no reason why they would need a Hawaiian lei with the tiki- the games weren't named Lei and Tiki.

If the games were named Crown and Sceptre and that was the whole hint was ooooh crowns and sceptres, then it would make more sense to picture them together, not post a ton of pictures of a product line featuring a pikachu holding a sceptre and have one artist independently on his own twitter post a pikachu with a crown. They're not even remotely connected- they're for separate holidays using typical holiday imagery (whether it's typical holiday imagery more associated with a specific country or not).

Speaking of, I have never really hardcore celebrated New Year's, but is a crown really that much of a British thing? Because I feel like we get them with the New Year supplies in the US too, just that not a lot of people go all out on New Year parties in any way but buying alcohol.

Yes, it's traditionally British for both Christmas and New Year.

If you take it too seriously, the forums and the general internet may not be for you. I honestly enjoy the speculation season if not more than I enjoy the actual games lol Love the theory crafting and looking at other cultures and languages for references.

I agree. I love the speculation season a lot, it's so cool to see what all our Pokemon fueled brains can come up with. It's really something amazing.

Pokemon_Ultra_Sun_3DS_2_back_pegi_RPBRK3VDSGCN.jpg

Has never appeared on any Pokemon games before over the past 20 years, suddenly appears on games mere months before Lets Go are revealed.

The same games that also had the return of Team Rocket, a carbon copy of a Kanto Gym complete with a guy called the Kantonian gym leader, surfing Pikachu, and Lt. Surge's autograph in the players room.

Lol. Perhaps you can help decipher the posters found in the GF office in SM, US and UM.

As much as I love to speculate about the games...I don't believe those posters mean anything, really. And I'm pretty sure this Crown and Scepter "rumour" is just a fake too.

The "leaker" should have checked the list of names we organized a few pages ago, there are much better names there.

Pokémon Rust and Pokémon Chrome
Pokémon Speed of Sound and Pokémon Speed of Light
Pokémon Chaos and Pokémon Cosmos
Pokémon Melody and Pokémon Harmony
Pokémon Gems and Pokémon Colors
Pokémon Techno and Pokémon Bio
Pokémon Touka and Pokémon Sakura
Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield
Pokémon Dusk and Pokémon Dawn
Pokémon Past and Pokémon Future
Pokémon Land and Pokémon Sky
Pokémon Sea and Pokémon Land
Pokémon Infrared and Pokémon Ultraviolet
Pokémon Plus and Pokémon Minus
Pokémon Summer and Pokémon Winter
Pokémon Autumn and Pokémon Spring
Pokémon Lightness and Pokémon Darkness
Pokémon Light and Pokémon Shadow
Pokémon Infinity and Pokémon Zero
Pokémon Infinity and Pokémon Eternity
Pokémon Heat and Pokémon Freeze
Pokémon Flame and Pokémon Frost
Pokémon Blaze and Pokémon Frost
Pokémon Lava and Pokémon Snow
Pokémon Magma and Pokémon Snow
Pokémon Magma and Pokémon Aqua
Pokémon Blaze and Pokémon Aqua
Pokémon Heatwave and Pokémon Blizzard
Pokémon Rainbow and Pokémon Storm
Pokémon Blizzard and Pokémon Sandstorm
Pokémon Mars and Pokémon Venus
Pokémon Speed and Pokémon Velocity
Pokémon Sound and Pokémon Light
Pokémon You and Pokémon Me
Pokémon U and Pokémon I
Pokémon Quarts and Pokémon Topaz
Pokémon Iron and Pokémon Bronze
Pokémon Bronze and Pokémon Steel
Pokémon Jade/Opal/Amethyst/Onyx/Garnet/Tourmaline/Amber
Pokémon Cobalt and Pokémon Crimson
Pokémon Twilight and Pokémon Eclipse
Pokémon Ocarina and Pokémon Flute
Pokémon Age and Pokémon Seasons
Pokémon Thunder and Pokémon Lightining
Pokémon Thunder and Pokémon Bolt
Pokémon Obsidian and Pokémon Glass
Pokémon Sunshine and Pokémon Rain
Pokémon Shine and Pokémon Rain
Pokémon Breeze and Pokémon Mist
Pokémon Shine and Pokémon Shadow
Pokémon Blaze and Pokémon Volt
Pokémon Orange and Pokémon Violet
Pokémon Rose and Pokémon Violet
Pokémon Proton and Pokémon Electron
Pokémon Day and Pokémon Night
Pokémon Rainbow and Pokémon Monochrome
Pokémon Uranium and Pokémon Titanium
Pokémon Might and Pokémon Wisdom
Pokémon A and Pokémon Z
Pokémon Order and Pokémon Chaos
Pokémon Treble and Pokémon Bass
Pokémon Stardust and Pokémon Starlight
Pokémon Dreams and Pokémon Reality
Pokémon Peace and Pokémon Conflict
Pokémon Nature and Pokémon Artificial
Pokémon Zenith and Pokémon Nadir
Pokémon Unity and Pokémon Division
Pokémon Key and Pokémon Lock
Pokémon Sunny and Pokémon Cloudy/Misty
Pokémon Sunflower and Pokémon Orchid/Lily/Waterlily
Pokémon Rock and Pokémon Metal
Pokémon Sunshine and Pokémon Moonshine
Pokémon Sunlight and Pokémon Moonlight
Pokémon Glare and Pokémon Umbra
Pokémon Leaf and Pokémon Flower
Pokémon Wave and Pokémon Beam
Pokémon Twist and Pokémon Line
Pokémon Steam and Pokémon Snow
Pokémon 0 and Pokémon 1
Pokémon Dream and Pokémon Nightmare
Pokémon Ignite and Pokémon Accelerate
Pokémon Chance and Pokémon Fate
Pokémon Order and Pokémon Chaos
Pokémon + and Pokémon -
Pokémon ? And Pokémon !
Pokémon Cube and Pokémon Sphere
Pokémon Axe and Pokémon Hammer
Pokémon Stars
Pokémon Cyan
Pokémon Prism
Pokémon Beta/Gamma/Delta/Zeta/Theta/Sigma
Pokémon Aurora
Pokémon Aether
Pokémon World/Galaxy/Universe

I just had watched Mr. Buddy's youtube video on What if the new region is based on the U.K.

Most of his spectulations sounds corny and I don't like the new game having a evil team that bases on the Romans,but I do thought it was a cool idea that one of the gym leader is being Robin Hood and the Pokemon Elite Four bases on the Knight of the Round Table. I highly doubt that we will get another dragon as another legendary mascot. I would rather to see it will be the water starter's final evolution or Psdro-legendry pokemon.

I has been thinking maybe the 8th gen pokemon games' title "Crown" and "Specter" will be references to Seelie and Unseelie Courts (two fairy kingdoms in European Fairy Folklore). I think this does makes with “Old Tradition VS New Exploration". (Classifications of fairies - Wikipedia)

I just noticed the story plot from Plus and Minus rumors reminds me of Tam Lin (Tam Lin). Probably Crown and Specter's story plot will be inspire by it. I thought it sounds interesting.

Is there a too long; didn't summary of the latest leak? I am not spending 16 minutes to watch that video.

I want to point out that Hawaii was a monarchy before it was colonized by the United States and others from around the world.

Is there a too long; didn't summary of the latest leak? I am not spending 16 minutes to watch that video.

I want to point out that Hawaii was a monarchy before it was colonized by the United States and others from around the world.
And was in big trade with the British Empire.

I believe it does makes sense with Decidueye is based on Robin Hood and Primarine is based on the mermaid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom