• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off-topic: does someone know why I'm getting notifications like this: On , insert user here rated them {ratings}?

On-topic: I kinda feel like James Turner made a mistake saying that Masuda actually hints at things. I don't know why, but I feel Masuda is going to get harrassed more frequently now.

Off-topic: does someone know why I'm getting notifications like this: On , insert user here rated them {ratings}?

On-topic: I kinda feel like James Turner made a mistake saying that Masuda actually hints at things. I don't know why, but I feel Masuda is going to get harrassed more frequently now.
I wouldn't really worry about that all too much. Most people can't even read Japanese.

As @Freak-Pokemon said, if nothing is revealed on Pokemon day that will prove the tweet was nothing.
If games are revealed, and they are something royal/regal or something to do with bugs (bug poision legend) that will prove the tweet was a hint.

Also 27th February in Japan is 26th February in the rest of the world due to time differences. Similarly 30th May in Japan is 29th May in the rest of the world.
When LGPE was revealed, it was May 30th in most of the world.
I wouldn't really worry about that all too much. Most people can't even read Japanese.
Like that stops them, really. XD

I gotta say, if we really are getting a reveal around early next week I find it weird that no insiders have commented on it, but then again, ORAS, USUM, and X/Y reveals kinda just came out of nowhere.
yeah, i feel insiders don't have much on pokemon.

I gotta say, if we really are getting a reveal around early next week I find it weird that no insiders have commented on it, but then again, ORAS, USUM, and X/Y reveals kinda just came out of nowhere.

Yes :) :) This reveal will be quite special because there is still basically no idea what any aspect of it will actually be!!

I think perhaps the only information that might exist would come from the very abstract interviews given in 2017.

The past couple of months have kind of clarified for me that most Poké-tubers are full of shit when it comes to speculation/rumours/etc.

Especially Verlisify.

Sinnoh remake, anyone?

Verlisify has always been full of shit. About pretty much everything.

And Sinnoh remakes are pretty much my wet dream. If they introduce new megas in those, including like the starters, Luxray and a few others, that could be my favourite game of all time.

I think a Sinnoh remake is going to happen, although I don’t know if it’ll be Gen 8 remake or a LGPE sequel.

I do think that the best way to work on this, if they want to continue making LGPE-type of games, is having the Gen 8 timespan composed with the Gen 8 game, the Sinnoh remake and a LGPE game about Gold and Silver.

Although it might open up criticism on too many remakes. GF should be clearer on LGPE and it’s eventual sequels being separated from the mainline games to avoid this issue.

I think a Sinnoh remake is going to happen, although I don’t know if it’ll be Gen 8 remake or a LGPE sequel.

I do think that the best way to work on this, if they want to continue making LGPE-type of games, is having the Gen 8 timespan composed with the Gen 8 game, the Sinnoh remake and a LGPE game about Gold and Silver.

Although it might open up criticism on too many remakes. GF should be clearer on LGPE and it’s eventual sequels being separated from the mainline games to avoid this issue.
I would assume regular remake and then LGPE style remake a decade later

unless LGPE is a one time thing

Um, did anyone see this tweet from Stealth40k (Nintendo Investor and Stock analyst, as well as brand ambassador for Bandai-Namco):

View: https://twitter.com/Stealth40k/status/1097821564807057411

I mean, I'll be honest, this was totally left field. Do we have any fact checkers here and such? Cheers and happy (abit confusing) Tuesday!

That's pretty much the same speculation we've been having on this thread, the only additions being that Stardust bit.

The same questions still apply:
  • Why is Masuda hacking such a specific Pokemon with several clues in it, including the announcement date (and the release, if you believe the stardust bit), when all his past tweets were only about the titles of games?
  • What distinguishes this tweet from any of Masuda's other tweets?
  • Why is Masuda hinting at a reveal on the 26 if it's releasing on the 27 in Japan, where he lives?

And some of these theories just don't make sense:
Reveal on Feb 26 hence the 226 candies, if you add 2351 you get 11 and if you add 714 you get 21 so the game will release on 11/21/2019 hence the 2351714 stardust, and 4.16 kg means we get a full fat gameplay trailer on April 16th.
That's just...not how math works. (And why pick that specific set of numbers, instead of adding 235 and 1714?)

(also, they claim that there's a pun in Japanese of bee and eight-after the changes with USUM and LGPE in generational definitions, it doesn't really make sense to think Gen 8 is anything more than a fan term)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom