• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it’s just flavor text at the end of the day. Most kids probably don’t even read them.

Sometimes I enjoy the idea that there is sort of a hidden joke about the in-universe aspects of Pokemon researchers, as far as, the Pokedex seems to be exceptionally accurate, and then many of the descriptions resemble huge exaggerations, tall tales and urban legends!! :):)

One thing I have noticed on the map, there doesn't seem to be any Pokemon Centres!
The map is not a 1:1 depiction of the ingame map.
Yep, and they are shown in the trailer in at least two occasions (starting town and grass gym town).

Same goes for other buildings. The map is surely smaller in terms of size and number of buildings then the game world.

In that case I don't believe those domes are the gyms. There's only about 4 or 5, and the one in PokeLondon looks completely different to the others.
Similar to how Contest halls were separate in Ruby/Sapphire
The one shown in the trailer has a grass symbol on the front and inside the stadium. They are definitely gyms.
Also, there are a few which have masked appearances. In the industrial town, for example, during Ohmori’s speech you can see the new symbol of the logos ans stadium under the tower.

And London didn’t particularly 'feel' like the correct place for a Poison gym.

Well, Game Freak put a Bug Gym smack in the middle of NYC's financial district of lower Manhattan. Tbf to them, it was mainly an artsy styled Gym, but I still wouldn't have expect Bug for that part of NYC.

If there is a Gym in Poke'London, I think it will be Psychic or even Normal, but nothing can truly be ruled out.

We really don't know who the gym leaders will be for each gym, GF does whatever GF wants to do. Trying to find a "pattern" or "what's missing" is rather pointless, I don't think it's safe to assume "Oh this gym is definitely going to have a male/female leader".
I'm not that sure about gym leaders...the all league thing may be different this time. Maybe you don't battle gym leaders but other teams. Those flags in the ice city may be a reference to it.
Just waiting for the gimmick to be announced
Well if things go like they did in the past, you have to wait about 5 months. Usually it's August the mechanics month.

I'd be extremely disappointed if they left Bank to die- I'd have to buy a whole new copy of UltraMoon or Sun just to store my living dex in?? No transferring Pokemon from previous regions?

I don't think they'd do that though, because they've expressed in the past that they felt bad that people couldn't bring their Pokemon from Gen 1-2 into Gen 3 and didn't want to have that happen again...

I'm not that sure about gym leaders...the all league thing may be different this time. Maybe you don't battle gym leaders but other teams. Those flags in the ice city may be a reference to it.

Well if things go like they did in the past, you have to wait about 5 months. Usually it's August the mechanics month.
Mewtwo's Y mega was shown much earlier, though.

EDIT: They'd never take down Bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom