• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dogasu fears that they may be written out in light of their reduced screentime in SM, but honestly they could just be around in the same capacity in the next series. They're still popular and it's unlikely that they could be replaced effectively (by comic relief characters).

so I hope there's news by the 15th of next month. . but man. . . with corocoro you never know.

"follow up" instead of specifically saying "next month's issue" has me cautious.
Agreed, all hopes on April to start the trickle flowing towards the torrent at E3 and after.

I definitely think we will get a trailer in April May and June. Probably not much in July though. And then the usual stuff in August September and October before the November release.

If there's something s/m did good for me was to prepare me to the lack of news of the first two months after the announcement. So I'm not really expecting anything till May but the movie twist to be revealed in April (if there's any). At least now we have enough details to talk about till May. 2016 was a dark period.

Doesn't look anything like Big Ben to me. But if Team Rainbow Rocket will return, it would probably be in post game of Sword and Shield. Speaking of which, I wonder how Team Rocket will adapt in the next anime series?
I could see James will play a big part in Sword and Shield,because he came from a noble family and probably his family were originated from there. I could imagine he will be recognize by the Knights and probably they will wind up keep on calling him "Lord James",because his dad is very good friends with the kings and queens. I could see James will wind up lying to king's guards that "his 'son's (it's Meowth's in disguise as human little boy) Pikachu was stolen by Ash who's working with the evil team" and they ends up believing him. Probably this will means Ash will go on the run with Pikachu.

I definitely think we will get a trailer in April May and June. Probably not much in July though. And then the usual stuff in August September and October before the November release.
Why April but not July? We usually get movie news in April with foreshadowing of a game tie-in. It's almost definitely going to be Armored Mewtwo this time around. I'm guessing that the feature is exclusive to the movie distribution.

Note that CoroCoro is being vague as to when to expect more information. Three years ago, their wording was "next month", but we all remember how that turned out.

Anyway, I hope animation of Sword and Shield have a way better than Sun and Moon's cartoonish style and have a darker feel to it. I also hope Ash will look similar to 8th Gen boy trainer but looks more like Rex from XC2. I would like to see that it have a CGI/2d hybrid looks like we had see in modern animation.

I also would like to see Selena will make a return with the female trainer's look. I could see the female trainer will turn out to be older verison of her.:)

Last edited:
Anyway, I hope animation of Sword and Shield have a way better than Sun and Moon's cartoonish style and have a darker feel to it. I also hope Ash will look similar to 8th Gen boy trainer but looks more like Rex from XC2. I would like to see that it have a CGI/2d hybrid looks like we had see in modern animation.

I also would like to see Selena will make a return with the female trainer's look. I could see the female trainer will turn out to be older verison of her.:)

I only hope whatever girl trainer who is Ash’s travel companion isn’t another Pokémon contest I don’t like to battle personality lol

Let’s have a battle girl again.

I only hope whatever girl trainer who is Ash’s travel companion isn’t another Pokémon contest I don’t like to battle personality lol

I wouldn't mind it will be Selana again,but I could see her personality will adapt into a fighter personality in order to protect her best friend Ash. I hope she gen 8th Gen's female trainer looks,because I love the design of the female trainer.

As long, if it isn't Lillie tag along, I am ok with it. Sorry, I didn't care Lillie that much.

Last edited:
so I hope there's news by the 15th of next month. . but man. . . with corocoro you never know.

"follow up" instead of specifically saying "next month's issue" has me cautious.
Calling it now:

[Two anchors sitting at a desk talking in speech bubbles/subtitles]

Male anchor: Hello and welcome to Pokemon World News. My colleague, Yumi, and I are here to share some exciting news about Pokemon Sword and Sheild.
Yumi: That's right, Hiroshi. We've sure got a lot to share with you today. Go to the tape.

[Picture of the anchors, one of them is coughing.]

Yumi: Where's the tape?
Hiroshi: Maybe it jammed?

[Blank picture where a stage hand talking with them followed by another with the anchors looking at the camera.]

Hiroshi: It would seem we're having some technical difficulties. But rest assured our team is working on salvaging the report.

[In the next image, Yumi holds her ear piece while Hiroshi is just staring at the camera.]

Yumi: HIROSHI, GOOD NEWS! They got it working!

[The feed is a bunch of obscured pictures of the boxes, legendaries, and second stages of the starters. Everything is a scrambled mess like it needs it's tracking fixed.]

Hiroshi: Well there you have it folks. Tune in next month for more Sword and Shield information here on PWN!
Yumi: Bye-bye [Waves]

Don't worry, the Scottish Lass will be memed into reality. All those poor wee fookers will never knoe wha hit em.

Ash will actually age & be made a man from simply being in proximity from such an amazing amount of savagery that he finally wins the pokemon league.

Don't worry, the Scottish Lass will be memed into reality. All those poor wee fookers will never knoe wha hit em.

Ash will actually age & be made a man from simply being in proximity from such an amazing amount of savagery that he finally wins the pokemon league.
What if the Scottish lass ends up winning the League instead? Aside from keeping status quo, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom