• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly wouldn't mind this because it's about time we have more offensive-based Grass starters anyway. u.u
I have to agree. Grass types just aren't the best defensive except for two combos. But offensively is where they shine most. I'm somewhat tired of Grass starters being made defensive for no reason. DECIDUEYE!

I think you have to consider that we are talking about pokemon. It also happens in nature that animals have no gender differences despite having a more masculine/feminine appearence. There's no strict rule about how a pokemon should look according to its gender. Mr mime or Gardevoir can be either female or male despite looking masculine or feminine. What's the point of being critic about the percentage when a female Incineroar looks exactly like a male one? Primarina has a more feminine design but I don't see anyone in the game complaining about that, probably because it's considered a normal thing there. You look at pokemon as if they were ruled by the same rules of an old human society, but they are not. Primarina is a performer. If you have problems picking a male Primarina, think of it as if it was the Freddie Mercury of Pokemon who just wants to break free.
CD7.gif

Pick a primarina and nickname Freddie... sun and moon here we go

I also think it’s a likely possibility that Sobble will grow out of its cowardice, but I remember everyone assuming that that’s what would happen with Wimpod’s evolution too, and that ended up being completely inaccurate. I feel like it could either end up becoming brave, or end up becoming extremely stealth oriented, so that the cowardice trait doesnt ‘reverse’ exactly but it does evolve into a cool and practical personality trait.
This is a way cooler and more original idea than it just becoming strong and brave

Last edited:
I have to agree. Grass types just aren't the best defensive except for two combos. But offensively is where they shine most. I'm somewhat tired of Grass starters being made defensive for no reason. DECIDUEYE!

Decidueye was made more offensive with its move pool however. It just didnt have the speed to back it up. But offensively, its one of the best Grass Starters with its tools. even though competitively it blows lol

I just noticed that Galar is a parallel region to Kalos with the similar landscapes, Gym types and ancient stone circles. I mean we have the gem mines and the fairytale forest.

Anime-wise, if Kalos is similar to Hoenn, then Galar will probably be similar to Sinnoh. I somehow sense of seeing Ash with two companions from Galar, a female trainer who’s competing in the Galar Contests and a Gym Leader. Serena will probably appear in some event similar to May in Diamond and Pearl.

Last edited:
Also, one of my concerns is how is Game Freak going to pull Galar off? I mean, Kalos has already gotten a lot of decent Pokemon and megas, how is Galar going to compete in lore with fewer Pokémon? Not saying that there will be, this is only the Direct. Also, an idea they could use is a Topiary Peacock Pokémon that is Grass/Fairy or Grass/Flying

Yeah, the thing that bothers me about Galar, is that it reminds me too much of Kalos, which is my least favourite Pokémon region. Similar climate, atmosphere, architecture, biomes, etc.

We have to wait for more game footage first, however. But that is my overall feeling for now.

Last edited:
One aspect that I like sofar regarding Galar, is the Dragon themed city. It looks fantastic, and somehow reminds me of the Dragon Gym in Opelucid City. With the enormous Dragon statues and so on.

I also love the foggy forest. It looks amazing. And it reminds me of a scene from the Lord of the Rings, extra points for that.

Last edited:
One aspect that I like sofar regarding Galar, is the Dragon themed city. It looks fantastic, and somehow reminds me of the Dragon Gym in Opelucid City. With the enormous Dragon statues and so on.

I also love the foggy forest. It looks amazing. And it reminds me of a scene from the Lord of the Rings, extra points for that.
I have this feeling that what we saw of the foggy forest is just a cutscene when you enter the forest...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom