• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm anticipating PokeRide to make some sort of return, albeit reworked in some fashion. Perhaps a different sort of Pokemon to choose from this time around.

Ideally, you can choose just about whatever Pokemon you want like in LGPE (I think that's how it works?), but I'm not optimistic.

I hope that when they make a Diamond and Pearl remake, they leave HMs out, this would make the new Sinnoh a whole lot better than the old Sinnoh. Plus, there are rideable Pokemon who are capable of rock climbing anyways.

this pokémon discussion site literally has a queer pride forum style available and accommodates nonbinary gender settings in account details. no one on here has keeled over just because of that, so i struggle to see why the same level of rep (that is, the "we exist and want you to respect that" level of rep) in the actual games would be much different. you can deal with the fact that there are people who are different from you. (pokémon is literally all about this.) And if you can't, then... well, actually i don't really care if you can't, you can learn to.

I hope that when they make a Diamond and Pearl remake, they leave HMs out, this would make the new Sinnoh a whole lot better than the old Sinnoh. Plus, there are rideable Pokemon who are capable of rock climbing anyways.
Well, they left them out of Kanto, so I guess they are gone for good.

I'm sure this was mentioned a few pages back but it certainly is weird that the strongest Pokemon theme ties into the starter somehow.
Part of me wondered if maybe if it's implying that these might be the strongest set of starters to date. Or maybe the starters are the strongest in their own strengths. Like Grookey is the most offensive, Scorbunny is the fastest, and Sobble is the most defensive.

1. Amie/Refresh most of all, since it brought back a lot of character to the Pokémon. When we switched from pixel art to 3D models, I felt that a lot of the "personality traits" of the Pokémon, idk what to call it, were lost. With the sleepy/startled/happy/angry/etc reactions, Amie and Refresh made the Pokémon feel more alive again.
  2. Character cutomization like in XY but with even more options.
  3. I strangely missed the PC? The Pokémon Box in LGPE felt cluttered.
  4. I had completely forgot about ball customization until Synthaphone mentioned it! It was a fun feature. I really liked apricorn balls, too. Maybe a combination of the two?
  5. Super training! Competitive isn't really my thing but it was an amazing feature that streamlined a lot of steps in previous gens, making it easier to get started in the scene.
  6. PSS. I didn't know how much I liked it until it was gone ;___; again, competitive isn't for me because I tend to like non-viable mons better, but I had so much fun battling and trading with random people (before the hackers took over...)
  7. Easy breeding mechanisms like in SM. I will never forget hatching my first shiny, a beautiful 5IV blue Corsola, aaaaaah~
  8. A simpler side game like poffin-making or mining.

Also for character customization I want more clothes to not be gender locked. I like masculine clothing but prefer to play as a girl. Please, let my female character wear a suit.

It is pretty sad that their first games to implement character customization are still the ones with the most diverse range of clothing

Ok i'm leave this forum
Are you seriously so hurt by some people wanting a feature in a game? Something that exists in real life at that. Nobody is asking for the games to change. They won't. Pokemon has never been about that and it won't be. But I fail to see why including a few npcs of different sexual orientation has you so riled up. It's really not going to affect the game. Calm down.

I wanna see Blastoise fire attacks like hydro pump from it's canons like Stadium and Battle Revolution
I also want a battle frontier and when battling in it as well as gyms and competitive play, battles will have a more dynamic camera and animation depth like Stadium, including send out animations and animating missed moves, and also include an announcer.

I think a lot more people will enjoy watching Pokémon esports if they brought back Stadium's style, XY and SM battles are just underwhelming.

What made you think there's no LGBTQ+ person in the Pokemon? Almost any NPC can be LGBTQ+ related. For example, when someone is gay, being gay is not his only characteristic, is just one of his characteristics. So when you talk with LGBTQ+ person they can tell you whatever they want. They don't have to say " Hello stranger who let yourself in my apartment. I am a transman." or " I am standing in this forest for no reason and I am lesbian.". Any NPC can be LGBTQ+ related. We can talk about other things too you know that right:'D. So you can't be sure if someone is LGBTQ+ unless they tell you.

Come to think of it, don't Volkner and Flint of Sinnoh have a sort of bromance going on? Maybe they could be retconned as being in a homosexual relationship. Better to do it subtly however or the trolls will throw a tantrum on Twitter.

I wanna see Blastoise fire attacks like hydro pump from it's canons like Stadium and Battle Revolution
I also want a battle frontier and when battling in it as well as gyms and competitive play, battles will have a more dynamic camera and animation depth like Stadium, including send out animations and animating missed moves, and also include an announcer.

I think a lot more people will enjoy watching Pokémon esports if they brought back Stadium's style, XY and SM battles are just underwhelming.
There's a problem. They are using the same models as XY again. I want this too, but I don't think they will do this at least for this generation.

Yeah. Guys I have a confession. The recent rumor about the 22nd trailer, was actually my doing, all me. I just wanted to try out one at least once. But despite something weird happened. Not long after that, thread itself got deleted, and I just learned today I'm banned from posting all together. I think I might've accidentally got something right.

Yeah. Guys I have a confession. The recent rumor about the 22nd trailer, was actually my doing, all me. I just wanted to try out one at least once. But despite something weird happened. Not long after that, thread itself got deleted, and I just learned today I'm banned from posting all together. I think I might've accidentally got something right.
4chan deletes plenty of “leak” threads that don’t have any truth to them.

Maybe a mod realized you were trolling xD

So you really do have a coworker at Game Freak? :p
Oh ha ha funny man. But seriously it's weird that I suddenly got this much action against me. And I made fakes before this. To go this far for something rather harmless, might be a bit much, unless you said something they don't want others to hear.

I got to catch up on few pages here on the LGBTQ+ people and I see that there's some awful takes there, yikes!

As someone who had to deal with lot of repercussions due to being gay, I have to say I'm not surprised to see how some people are against having the LGBTQ+ (not only that but just about any minorities) because they're afraid it'd outshadow the Pokemon game (even though it's clearly not the case at all) and would resort to XXX things. It's rather telling about who those people really are and it's on them, not us. I'll say this again, I don't see any problems including several characters to represent the minorities which include the LGBTQ+, the disabled, and more!

Anyways, I've said my piece in that. I've seen someone mention that we need to start making the clothes be usable regardless of what gender your character is - BIG YES TO THAT!! That would be one but also a big step they can take in the direction to actually make their fans happy while giving LGBTQ+ some representation. I'd like to be able to dress my male character up with some accessories, a purse rather than a backpack, some skirt to go over the pants, and more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom