• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like how in Splatoon 2 had that whole mess of posts there, at least that has ended for the most part. It was a mess because it was taking over the square. I really hope the LGBT topic doesn't take over this topic.

I’d love to see almost any amount of gay representation whatsoever, but the bare minimum of what i want is for Gamefreak to not force my character into a romance with an opposite gender character. Like, I honestly keep my expectations low for LGBT representation from Pokemon, this is the only thing I’m actually desperately hoping for...

In Pokemon Ban, you probably realise that the symbols to Pokemon that originated from Gen 6 has a Pentagon shape with the symbols, whilst Gen 7 had a cross. What if Gen 8's symbol this time is a circle because of the route sign?

According to Wikipedia, Meltan when first found by hackers was designated ''Pokemon 891'', meaning that this was probably supposed to be a Gen 8 Pokemon, only to move it to 808 when the Hackers found it. So if we go with the numbers of 891 and 892, Gen 8's Pokemon count could be that of 85. However there could be more.

According to Wikipedia, Meltan when first found by hackers was designated ''Pokemon 891'', meaning that this was probably supposed to be a Gen 8 Pokemon, only to move it to 808 when the Hackers found it. So if we go with the numbers of 891 and 892, Gen 8's Pokemon count could be that of 85. However there could be more.
Interesting

Asset numbers aren't the same as Dex numbers, though. This just places it further in Gen 7.

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1044199349918535680

Not sure if anyone has brought it up yet, but on the topic of receiving a 4chan ban for leaks. I've heard of cases where a site or youtuber would receive a legal threat over fake leaks.

Just don't do it.

Not sure if anyone has brought it up yet, but on the topic of receiving a 4chan ban for leaks. I've heard of cases where a site or youtuber would receive a legal threat over fake leaks.

Just don't do it.
Why though? If it's not true nor does anybody really believe it, and trust they're vocal about their lack of trust, why go so far when it's no harm?

Is it really necessary to add sexuality (of all things) to the list?
Because they’re already including heteronormative stuff so it evidently isn’t an issue for them?

Mohn and Lusamine aren't even a romantic couple so much as a tragic one.
How does it even matter? They were a couple, and Lusamine loved Mohn enough to kick start the plot of SM.
Not to mention a relationship being tragic or not has no significance on the romantic aspect.

Again, most of those involve NPCs. So I don't really count them. I guess Norman and the player's mom counts, but beyond that, those are hardly prominent relationships.
Most of us have been literally asking for homosexual NPCs in the first place though.

There's also
  • Brock being depicted as chasing girls in LGPE
  • Misty and her boyfriend boyfriend in GSC/HGSS
  • Chuck and his wife
  • Norman and the player's mom
  • Wattson and his wife
  • Lenora and her husband
  • The two honeymooner couples (one in Gen 6, one in Gen 7)
  • The young couple trainer class (about 14 different appearances throughout all the games)
That's a total of 10 major characters in confirmed hetero relationships/confirmed to be men attracted to women or women to men (bi is still a possibility, but not hinted at or shown), with at least 16 minor NPCs. (counting the couples as one entity)

And in comparison, we've had 0 gay characters or gay relationships.
Camper Flint on route 25 is a cool guy. He has a girlfriend.
Also, that suggestive scene with PC and Shauna.

Sadly, what @TechSkylander1518 said is true. It's the same reason why alternate formes have numbers attached to them, too, like the false alarm we had in 2017 when people discovered Hoopa's alternate forme number.

In Pokemon Ban, you probably realise that the symbols to Pokemon that originated from Gen 6 has a Pentagon shape with the symbols, whilst Gen 7 had a cross. What if Gen 8's symbol this time is a circle because of the route sign?
I was thinking it'd be a thick line/rectangle of sorts. They've all been based on the region shape (Kalos is a star, Alola has four islands), and Galar is like a pillar/column.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom