• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is an interesting point you brought up. And it also matches the criteria of extinct creature for grass starters
do you or anyone else know of other possible extinct primates we could look at for fun? though i am going with sobble i find grookey's evolution to be the most mysterious for some reason.

do you or anyone else know of other possible extinct primates we could look at for fun? though i am going with sobble i find grookey's evolution to be the most mysterious for some reason.
Two actually. One is the more obvious route, and the other is something kinda unorthadox but after Chesnaught, it's possible.

Gigantopithecus - Wikipedia
This is the obvious route, cause little monkey into big gorilla, this is what many people expect and personally I want. It used to be the largest genus of ape to roam the earth till it went extinct.

Plesiadapis - Wikipedia
This would be the unpredictable choice. My reasoning is that Grookey resemble a squirrel monkey, and know GF they like to make certain twists on pokemon and more than likely they will go a very literal route and make him a squirrel like monkey.

Notice both seem to be depicted having orange or reddish fur, which would match Grookey's hint of orange on it's hands and feet.

Gigantopithecus reminds me of an orangutan Plesiadapis reminds me of a lemur and falls under that category and Pachylemur is a lemur and falls under that category and all have orange reddish color depicted on them somewhere and are extinct. neato.

Gigantopithecus: Based on the slim fossil finds, it was a large, ground-dwelling herbivore that ate primarily bamboo and foliage. Gigantopithecus - Wikipedia
Plesiadapis seems to have a similar excerpt as Pachylemur : Based on this and other evidence, some paleontologists have concluded that these animals were mainly living on the ground, like today's marmots and ground squirrels.[2] However, more recent investigations have confirmed that the skeleton of Plesiadapis is that of an adept climber, which can be best compared to tree squirrels or to tree-dwelling marsupials such as possums.[5] The short, robust limbs, the long, laterally compressed claws, and the long, bushy tail indicate that it was an arboreal quadruped. Plesiadapis - Wikipedia
For many years, palaeoanthropologists thought that Pachylemur was a ground-dwelling lemur due to its robust postcranial skeleton.[2] Yet more recent analysis of its axial and appendicular skeleton—particularly the vertebrae and femur—suggests that it was a tree-dweller (arboreal).[2][29] Like the ruffed lemurs, Pachylemur was also an arboreal quadruped that frequently exhibited hindlimb suspension in order to reach fruit and leaves on smaller branches. Pachylemur - Wikipedia

https://i.********/vp/1553537621334.jpg
... you know, I kind of feel like it looked cooler when it was harder to see. :(

That being said, it also looked more legit when it was harder to see- I get that the whole image doesn't have great fidelity, but I have to believe that Gamefreak wouldn't leave the seams between the armor and the fingers so blurry looking. I could definitely be wrong, but I think this is another fake.

There's a criteria for Grass starters?
Well you know each typed starters have their own design theories. Fire has the zodiac, Water have elements in in their design that resemble weapons, and grass become prehistoric or extinct animals (devolving in a sense).

... you know, I kind of feel like it looked cooler when it was harder to see. :(

That being said, it also looked more legit when it was harder to see- I get that the whole image doesn't have great fidelity, but I have to believe that Gamefreak wouldn't leave the seams between the armor and the fingers so blurry looking. I could definitely be wrong, but I think this is another fake.
The whole image in itself looks blurry, like some took a small screencap and made it bigger making everything look blurry.

I will say this. I also don't believe pokearmor is going to be a thing. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want pokemon in armor to be a thing before this

When I look at the image it seems to be the starting scene of a battle when pokemon is just thrown out. You can see it in the first trailer. If that's the case Zeraora popped already wearing that armor. Meaning the armor will act like a formchange rather than a mega evolution.

Well you know each typed starters have their own design theories. Fire has the zodiac, Water have elements in in their design that resemble weapons, and grass become prehistoric or extinct animals (devolving in a sense).

Fire I can believe despite my misgivings, but I'm not sure I agree with Grass and especially Water. Serperior we have design notes on and nothing states it was based on a prehistoric animal while some like Torterra are arguable as it's based primarily on a turtle. As for Water, I don't see any weapon theme with Feraligatr, Swampert, or Primarina, so I don't think that holds up at all.

Fire I can believe despite my misgivings, but I'm not sure I agree with Grass and especially Water. Serperior we have design notes on and nothing states it was based on a prehistoric animal while some like Torterra are arguable as it's based primarily on a turtle. As for Water, I don't see any weapon theme with Feraligatr, Swampert, or Primarina, so I don't think that holds up at all.
Some say seprior might be influenced by a titan boa, a gigantic snake like Serperior is, and some point out part of Torterra's design resembles and ankylosaurus., despite it being a tortoise. Also the weapon theory is more subtle. It's more the weapon is intergrated into the design as an aethetic. The spikes on Feraligatr resemble spiked knuckles, Swamperts fins resemble war fans, and Primarina's lower half actually looks like a spiked club.

This video seems to state that Wednesday will be the reveal, take this in with a grain of salt, for it is most likely that the trailer would probably be early/mid April, and the next somewhere in May. It usually starts as a trickle before E3, after that it becomes a raging torrent of info. Just like what happened with Gen 7

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5fgMYs0mLw

Has there ever been a leak in the past from a picture taken from gameplay or a trailer? I too think it is fake.
I would welcome one for this wednesday. It would be exactly one month from the last one and it would make sense to do one once a month rather than once every few or two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom