• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia USM Ubers Mafia endgame (Town and Genesect victory)

tbh I don't see anything lynchworthy with Max. His sub-out shows that his silence was because of just how overwhelmed he was (which is fair, may I add). I'll give MCH the benefit of the doubt for now, so despite the lack of content from Day One, I'll give them a pass for now and judge MCH based on his own words and actions.

I'm leaving for an island tour in an hour which will probably take all day and I intend to leave my phone at the hotel room.

I may be back in the middle of the day for some kind of break thing? At which point I will read what I missed. I agree with deku that inactive players should be on the pecking order since they aren't going to be modkilled. But I want to resolve eevee's wagon first.

Nova's infatuation with me seems more emotional than anything considering how they keep repeating "bulba bad" without really considering how logical it may be.

That's i have at the moment, I will comment on deku when I return so hopefully he has more information at that time.

I will also support SNS some by confirming that flip floppy votes is a generally accepted scumtell on Zelda Dungeon (it shows that the player isn't commiting to a single read or wagon, and is more than willing to lay low and go with the flow), so it's not too out of the ordinary for SMS to see that as scummy.
We have a similar tell on the Syndicate. If a player seems hesitant to commit to a statement, if they list a bunch of players as lynch possibilities with no strong leaning, or if they add a "but that could just be" to every read, we take that lack of commitment and run straight to a lynch with it.

Different cultures and mindsets for different players. For example, JJJ might move his vote a lot but it's not considered a lack of commitment unless he moves it somewhere safe and does nothing to further it, then tosses it on a wagon where it won't affect anything much. It depends.

So yeah, I see this. SMS still backed off on it, which is weird, but I can get the idea.

More than four hours and barely anything...
Mafia must win a lot here assuming balanced setups because I do not see how you find wolves without talking.

The afternoon part of today got canceled which is what I was afraid of so we are looking for a replacement and until then I'm using my phone to stay oop to doot

The site appears to be working now. I dunno about everyone else, but I've not been able to get to Bulbagarden for like three hours.

I'll expand on why I didn't care for SMS's recent handling of my suspicion. When under fire from the most vocal player of the Day phase, SMS provided retorts that bother me beyond just a disagreement on the strategic nature of vote movement.

So you're voting me with basically nothing? Ok.

This is bad. I had just described in my trustfall exercise that I had the most difficulty finding town indicators for SMS among each of the living players. That is already more than "basically nothing". It's a token discredit.

Moreover, the basis of the gripe is questionable. Even if I were to grant that my vote was based on "basically nothing", an obvious question emerges: does SMS's content provide the capacity for a thoroughly-reasoned case? There just isn't very much there. That's a portion of the problem I encountered with him in the trustfall exercise. There are some posts, and they are of enough game relevance to be "contributions" -- but they lend no screaming evidence of either townhood or mafiahood. They made me feel nothing at all, at least until this phase when they made me feel distinctly bad.

You've also been flip-flopping your vote around a lot and the day is still early, what's the point in that? Pressure votes? One vote isn't much pressure to put on someone.

Forget the strategic disagreement for a moment. Some people probably do believe that vote flip-flopping is less than ideal. Even so, it is a very easy accusation to hurl out there. Under the circumstances, as SMS is retorting at my aggression, this just doesn't look authentic to me. It's a flail.

Anyway, on to more important matters. Eresh is claiming tracker/Restless Spirit, says he tracked Sloonei, did he say who Sloonei visted?

Then when he dropped the matter he went to this generic mechanical material. Bleh. Who is bad?

[2] TheCapsFan - Ereshkigal, speedchuck
[1] Calvin - bulba account
[2] Spiritual Mask Salesman - JJJ, TheCapsFan

That is fair, I see what you are saying. I do still think that your lynch would bring a lot of information, especially because your role as I am guessing is not necessarily aligned one way or another, and also given your interactions with AussieEevee. I also think you could be mafia for buddying Sloonei. However I will not eliminate the possibility that you could be town who just read Aussie wrong. I would like to hear what other players have to say about this whole situation with you and Sloonei. I think I will move my vote elsewhere for the time being until we can get more information.

I don't get the impression from anything Calvin has said today that he has an underlying motive to smear Sloonei.

Regarding the bolded portion: you've voiced concern today that Calvin is trying to make Sloonei look bad by way of his soft claim. Now you've asserted Calvin has buddied Sloonei. Reconcile that conflict.

The deadline is in about 140 minutes and we have five votes in. blares military bugle into everyone's tents

With the limited amount of time remaining in the day (once again, sorry about my absence), all I can do atm is ISO a few people of interest - specifically ReturnOfMax and SMS. Calvin and Caps will be next to read after that. At some point I'll get around to that Trust Fall exercise thing.
Like many have, I've generally accepted JJ the Jet Plane and Paparika as town. BA also seems to be playing up to snuff, so I'll give him the town pass for the time being.
I will also support SNS some by confirming that flip floppy votes is a generally accepted scumtell on Zelda Dungeon (it shows that the player isn't commiting to a single read or wagon, and is more than willing to lay low and go with the flow), so it's not too out of the ordinary for SMS to see that as scummy.

You've provided three town reads here (myself, Sloonei, and bulba account) and lent support to SMS. Who is bad?

I thought the pointwas worth bringing up but not necessarily worth reading into. The fixation on things being annoying did feel like a crutch to provide game content (or rather what eevee may have considered to be acceptable game content) but the interaction that "gave eevee their pass" so to speak was not intrinsically partnery nor towny; it was more a person to person interaction than a player to player interaction. When eevee started leaning on it is when it became scummy.

SMS seems like a good vote on paper with regards to his defense and aggression responding to your suspicion. However I have a nagging feeling that he's a miss; I think the "you're voting me on basically norhing?" Reads as more of controlled towny frustration than shading (which is what it would likely be as scum). His fixation on your flip floppiness is also something I attribute to town SMS. I also doubt that he votes for eevee as scum here but this is more speculative than the rest of my read.

Calvin is clearly not happening today, I would be okay with lynching the one-poster if we don't reach a conclusion. Novas is a scum lean atm but I could be biased by omgus. If neither of these are an option I will vote sms over caps naturally.

tosses flashbang at JJJ in response to bugling my tent

A lack of lynch won't help us. I may switch to avoid giving Mafia an advantage, but I want to reexamine Caps soon.

tosses flashbang at JJJ in response to bugling my tent

A lack of lynch won't help us. I may switch to avoid giving Mafia an advantage, but I want to reexamine Caps soon.
If a lack of lynch won't help us why did you vote no lynch day 1? Where is the inconsistency coming from?

Back
Top Bottom