• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia ZD X BMG 2019 Link’s Awakening Hydra Mafia Crossover Game Thread

hi there
I am the half of this hydra head that you will want to lynch
if my calculations are correct it should balance out and we will remain neutral to the end of the game, neither towny enough to get nightkilled nor wolfy enough to get lynched.
Hyper Majority as defined here is roughly 2/3rd of the currently living players.
...and majority is more than half, which is what 7 is here

can somebody please tell me why we are assuming this game has a lie detector of all things? How would such a role even work? How would it be justified flavorfully?

@Spiritual Mask Salesman @ZinnLav

can somebody please tell me why we are assuming this game has a lie detector of all things? How would such a role even work? How would it be justified flavorfully?
  1. Not proven, sure, but a possibility because of the RQS.
  2. Scans a statement and reveals whether it’s false or true.
  3. Not for us to know until it flips (supposing it exists)

We are town as well

Also what? they get to check every post and tell what's a lie? That seems really broken

I think it has only been mentioned because it's really the only thing that would make @Lone_Wolf (I think it was them)'s question about "are you town and do you like your role" useful at all.

Personally, I kind of doubt a lie detector in a small game like this, and it kind of makes those questions a bit pointless other than maybe to break the ice or appear to be putting out content since everyone is (and did) answer to be town.

We are town as well

Also what? they get to check every post and tell what's a lie? That seems really broken
They can check one post every night phase

Also, since I realized we haven't done it yet
We are the towniest of hydras
Well more accurately you'll consistently see at least my half as sketchy. But you'll get used to it eventually.

They can check one post every night phase

Also, since I realized we haven't done it yet
We are the towniest of hydras
Well more accurately you'll consistently see at least my half as sketchy. But you'll get used to it eventually.
That's more reasonable lol
Anyways, my town game is pretty scummy normally so you'll probably see my partner posting more than me. And if a post seems really scummy, it's probably me posting (lol).

That's more reasonable lol
Anyways, my town game is pretty scummy normally so you'll probably see my partner posting more than me. And if a post seems really scummy, it's probably me posting (lol).
hello former >:D

1. What's your alignment?
  2. Do you like the role you've been given? Remember not to tell us what it is.

We are town and think our role is pretty interesting so it should be fun to play.

Personally, I kind of doubt a lie detector in a small game like this, and it kind of makes those questions a bit pointless other than maybe to break the ice or appear to be putting out conten

I've only played one other game here before and it was the other ZD crossover. But I think that game did happen to have a lie detector (or did you fake that Deku? I can't recall). Either way, it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility, but neither is a ton of different roles. I know we have had them in ZD games before.

Funny enough I also believe this same question was asked in the other crossover. It is a fairly good icebreaker. Gets people talking about something at least.

I think the better icebreaker personally would be to start playing the game. I do not have a problem with asking someone if they are town, but generally I do not think of it as the best question to ask a mass audience. The followup question is arguably not a good question to answer, as it may be something the wolves look toward to inform their nightkills. I do not necessarily think this makes lonewolf scum in and of itself, but I am overall not a fan of how day 1 is currently playing out.

Personally, I kind of doubt a lie detector in a small game like this, and it kind of makes those questions a bit pointless other than maybe to break the ice or appear to be putting out content since everyone is (and did) answer to be town.

Then why do you think the question was asked? What's your theory?

I think the better icebreaker personally would be to start playing the game. I do not have a problem with asking someone if they are town, but generally I do not think of it as the best question to ask a mass audience. The followup question is arguably not a good question to answer, as it may be something the wolves look toward to inform their nightkills. I do not necessarily think this makes lonewolf scum in and of itself, but I am overall not a fan of how day 1 is currently playing out.

You say it's better to just play the game (of course it's good to play the game) but all you're doing is criticising the main discussion we've had so far and you're seemingly trying to shoot it down without offering another discussion topic.

Then why do you think the question was asked? What's your theory?
I already gave the two options I find most likely in the same post that was quoted: either it was just an icebreaker to try to get people talking, or it was the kind of content you post when you want to appear that you're being pro-active. It's the kind of thing that's better than "random" voting in D1, but I don't see much use in the question when - as I said before - everyone is of course going to say that they're town, and nobody can do much hinting at their role anyway (nor should they at this point). It doesn't help that Lone_Wolf has been absent from the thread ever since that post, so it's not like they've followed up on it to have made it useful.

Icebreakers could be something either alignment could do to either try to get things moving (as town), or appear to want discussion in a fairly low-risk way for town-cred (as scum). I'd really need to see more posts from Lone_Wolf to get a better idea of what the real motive was.

First Vote Count
Vote Count:

Chillian
-1 (Scumlords)
thesunspear- 1 (Lone Wolf)
Hydreigon & Shelgon- 1 (Aflame)
Aflame- 2 (LatB, H&S)
Scumlords and Noobs- 1 (Chillian)

I’m pretty sure these are the current votes lol. With 13 players alive it takes 7 to reach majority. Otherwise day will end at 8am CDT Monday the 22nd.

You say it's better to just play the game (of course it's good to play the game) but all you're doing is criticising the main discussion we've had so far and you're seemingly trying to shoot it down without offering another discussion topic.
But it is not discussion. That's my point. All it has led to is speculation on the existence of some lie detector.

In fact, I would argue that it opens up the opportunity for scum to appear active by answering the question without committing anything that can actually be read into. If you are looking for a specific reaction from someone like zinnlav/sms then it bears fruit. Like I said I do not necessarily hate the idea of asking but it has no real purpose and we cannot lean on it for discussion.

I should not have to offer "alternate points of discussion". I have already asked a question that some people decided to answer. I will continue to ask questions and such so long as I am around but believe it or not people frown upon posting frequently here. So I am likely going to have to wait like an entire half hour or more to get adequate material to work with from others!

Not a whole lot going on yet, but I'm actually getting an early good feeling about the Scumlords and Noobs slot. I don't know why they would even slightly bring attention to "I'm pretty sure I'm Town" if they were actually scum, especially since - from what I've seen of the two players attached to that hydra - I don't think they're the type to pull some kind of weird gambit or reverse psychology. Maybe an attempt to cause discussion early on? Or maybe they have an ability that can be associated with mafia and it is actually causing legitimate confusion seeing it with town or something.

@Scumlords and Noobs you don't have to answer anything about that last part of role speculation; I'm just kind of stream of consciousness posting right now aha.

Do you find a small wagon at this point worrying? Two votes isn't much of a wagon, and hardly any danger in early D1 even with majority rules.

1. Town
  2. Pretty much yeah. It's not one of the roles I hate getting, and that's good enough for me.
One more thing. I also so far like @Hydreigon & Shelgon GX not immediately unvoting Aflame after the wagon joining was pointed out. I always find it suspicious when someone unvotes quickly after someone points something out about a vote, as if the voter is like "uh oh, I don't want anyone getting on my case yet!" It's too early to get much from it, but that it didn't happen here is at least a good start.
It is always a bit of a weak read but I do like when people come in to the thread and give town reads. I agree with your point that saying you are "pretty sure" you're town is not something a wolf would really want to be doing. However the way it was called out by leetic and the band felt like shading to me more than actually believing it was scummy. Their followup of it was not very strong either.
I think it has only been mentioned because it's really the only thing that would make @Lone_Wolf (I think it was them)'s question about "are you town and do you like your role" useful at all.

why did you specify (and did) here? It kind of reads like you believe everyone who answered to be town, which I do not believe was the point you were trying to make here (if it was, good job you're a wolf :p)
I already gave the two options I find most likely in the same post that was quoted: either it was just an icebreaker to try to get people talking, or it was the kind of content you post when you want to appear that you're being pro-active. It's the kind of thing that's better than "random" voting in D1, but I don't see much use in the question when - as I said before - everyone is of course going to say that they're town, and nobody can do much hinting at their role anyway (nor should they at this point). It doesn't help that Lone_Wolf has been absent from the thread ever since that post, so it's not like they've followed up on it to have made it useful.

Icebreakers could be something either alignment could do to either try to get things moving (as town), or appear to want discussion in a fairly low-risk way for town-cred (as scum). I'd really need to see more posts from Lone_Wolf to get a better idea of what the real motive was.
I think you raise a good point here. It has been quite some time and yet we have not heard from the head since then to follow up on their questions. A lot of how I decide to read them I think depends on their followup. I personally would like to know why they thought asking people how much they liked their role would be a good idea or what their goal was for it.

For now I am going to vote: leetic and the band for the reason mentioned above and because they have not been active since then. I believe in a hydra game the wolves are going to be less active as they are more dependent on their other head and do not want to mess up.

Literally nobody posted in that entire 27 minutes... If you do the math one post per half hour is extremely close to the absolute minimum required post count from all players.

Please post more, there are technically 26 players in this game and I should not be needing to triple post ever.

Back
Top Bottom