• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia ZD X BMG 2019 Link’s Awakening Hydra Mafia Crossover Game Thread

Who cares about statistics
Not in my mafia game

I would say if zms is scum their partners are more likely to be hard pushing one of the other wagons rather than resisting the lynch itself. But that is definitely something to be aware of dude I see where you are at I like it

yea fair enough. usually on smogon apathy kills games and results in people not caring about slots; which usually allows scum to hop on wagons. the fact that the wagon built up so quickly is at least going to be telling later

who's posting btw is this moe
Oh ok, I think I get it now. A no resistance vote is a wagon where nobody seems against the lynch, and everyone just goes along with it to let it happen.
...Right?

I'm having trouble remembering how that tends to be viewed in general, but imo it feels like an indicator of potential scum. A significant number of the town see scummy play that they want to lynch for, but the scum don't want to go against it because they don't wanna get called out later for defending the scum. In this case the scum would more likely be the ones who give little justification, or just parrot another player's.
Unless they're Max (one half of S&H), he tends to do a lot of sheeping regardless of alignment.

yeah. read my response to sunspear.
do you mean little justification behind the vote?

...no

A no resistance lynch means the player is towny because if they were scum their partners would be fighting to keep them alive

...no

A no resistance lynch means the player is towny because if they were scum their partners would be fighting to keep them alive
Really? I'd say that scum would give less defence to their teammates to keep the reads on their slot high to prevent suspicion for defending scum.

do you mean little justification behind the vote?
Yeah, little justification behind the vote, parroting another player's justification, or just jumping on it with no real sign of suspicion earlier on (like dum dum idiots).

i think my only hesitance is that they zns themselves dont even seem to care about trying to save their slot(that or they're just incredibly incoherent in doing so) so they themselves dont have any reason for me to think they are towny. them voting s&n isnt bad though but that's literally the only contribution they've made outside of complaining about one liners or whatever.

...no

At ZD, mafia usually hardly fights against a mafia lynch, though. Probably highly depends on the players in the mafia team.
But tha IS interesting to note. If someone flips scum that gives us a great idea abou the thinking of the mafia players, and thus, perhaps a trail to a few specific people :D

Really? I'd say that scum would give less defence to their teammates to keep the reads on their slot high to prevent suspicion for defending scum.
Sussing someone for defending scum sounds kind of fallacious

@Restless_Ridge kinda looking at aflame right now, what are your immediate thoughts on the slot
entry posts were horrible

then kokirion posts weren't bad

but then shit like this makes me err on sheeping them

Are you sneaking that thought into our heads to save S&N when ZMS flips scum?
incredibly prophetic and also just sort of a bad question in general

They made that post about percentages then I realized that at least one of the heads is extremely worried about getting caught with blood on their hands, not pushing too hard to follow up on their reads and stuff

They made that post about percentages then I realized that at least one of the heads is extremely worried about getting caught with blood on their hands, not pushing too hard to follow up on their reads and stuff
i mean they seem to have the mindset in thinking their scumread will flip scum

what do you think this means in regards to who they're pushing?

i mean they seem to have the mindset in thinking their scumread will flip scum

what do you think this means in regards to who they're pushing?
I think it means they're afraid to push on people they know are town.

To be fair, that was in a response to Chillian's post below:

If they turn out town, lynch the early pushers. If they're scum, lynch the late voters.
Also if they're scum, look at everyone who voted for them and they voted for day one with a critical lens.
Not too different from normal wagons, except slightly more extreme.
I don't like this post, because it attempt to put many people in a bad light regardless of what the eventual outcome would be. An assumption based on what?
Then here is the explanation:

... actually idk why. I guess imo it just feels natural to target the opposite on a townie wagon than what you would on a scum wagon? That's probably where my logic's at.
... I should probably rethink my mafia strategy at some point.

Well that just sounds kind of stupid out of context doesn't it :lapras:
I think my meaning gets across though

Not necessarily. It just means (as scum) they are not following through with their "scum reads" in actions, potentially for fear of backlash
they are literally voting zms so i dont really understand what your implication is here

they are literally voting zms so i dont really understand what your implication is here
I will make a stronger case when there aren't 7 hours left in the deadline, okay
Will also give me the opportunity to iso and find the earlier case i was thinking of

Back
Top Bottom