• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pokémon Sword and Shield speculation thread (Updated June 5th, 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it won't be restricted to just some Pokémons trying to approach you and others trying to flee from you. I hope the overworld Pokémon will have a multitude of behaviours like in the Ranger games (Gardevoirs teleport away from you, Hippowdowns attack and harrass you, Parasects hide themselves in their shell so you can't catch them, Poliwhirls jump into the water if you approach them recklessly etc.)...

Yeah it would definitely make it more special if they had unique animations like those you said, but truthfully I don't think it'll happen to that extent. From the image, the swirlix do seem to be jumping, while the Minccino look like they're walking - so they'll probably incorporate their walking animations that already exist like the ones from Let's Go. Health bars are only present in the Ranger games so Pokemon that attack wouldn't work? I feel like some Pokemon entering defensive mode preventing you from battling them could be interesting, although it might annoy some people lol.

Last edited:
Is it confirmed you can use AI trainers if there’s no other player?
Yeah, it’s a quote from the SwSh website.

NOTE: If three other Trainers aren’t available to participate in Max Raid Battles, support Trainers will automatically be added to your side to help you battle the wild Dynamax Pokémon.

I don't think it's confirmed that you would need friends to be able to join other players against a giant Pokemon.

Adding something interesting to this.

These two colours are part of the CMYK color model. Other than Cyan and Magenta, it also concludes Yellow and Black. So the third legendary could have something to do with Yellow and/or Black.

View: https://imgur.com/cjAj13O

Which just happen to be the two colors of the dragon head thing!!!

that leak that seems accurate is no different than the last one with Armored Evolutions. I just hope the evil team is not thugs. I do NOT want it to be like Team Skull!

Did it mention anywhere whether the Pokemon Gyms have multiple support trainers before battling the main leader of the Gym like the other games?

that leak that seems accurate is no different than the last one with Armored Evolutions. I just hope the evil team is not thugs. I do NOT want it to be like Team Skull!
i feel like there's a fundamental difference between pulling things that happen to work out because they've been things that fans have been throwing darts at for a while and giving a reasonably detailed information (re: names!) that happens to line up with a video that was released a decent period of time after the leak.

Honestly I just want that leak to be real because it mentions new evolutions for old Pokemon (except Eevee). Give us Sirfetch'd!!

These games look so awesome!! I don't care for the idea of titian/giant pokemon but not a big deal.
Makes me wonder more about the giant picture on the hillside. could that just be a giant melmetal?
I love what they did with the landscape, the exploration options. I feel like there is so much air to breath! Sun and Moon just really felt suffocating to me when it came to exploring compared to past games and even more now. The games look immersive.
I don't dislike a single pokemon so far!! I think that is GREAT.
Drednaw catches my eye the most for the common mons. I hope he evolves.
Corviknight I feel confident in saying it is a stand alone pokemon. Like Skarmory. I am also happy to see the regional bird (I assume it is) to be part of the raven/crow family, because Jackdaws are from that same family and they make nests in Chimneys.
D7MJc8GW4AY4wYb.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
I'm interesting in seeing what wooloo will become.
The Legendaries like both. I only have one criticism and it's not important. It is the sword. When a pokemon uses a "weapon" I like it to make sense with it's design. I feel that it is out of place with the sword being the way it looks.
Zacian in the artwork kinda looks like wings to me. I know in the animation the "wings" look stiff so it's probably not wings. If I had to choose between them I think I like Zamazenta. I like it's colors a bit more but they are both great! I may get Shield version. We'll see if we hear about version exclusives in the the future or not.

Something else I noticed is that Leon and Iris suspiciously look similar to each other. Not only that Leon's main pokemon seems to be Charizard (aka dragon-like). Relatives, perhaps?
View attachment 119241View attachment 119242
My guess is that they are from the same tribe called Draconid.

Did it mention anywhere whether the Pokemon Gyms have multiple support trainers before battling the main leader of the Gym like the other games?
The wording on pokemon.com is a bit vague but I think they'll keep support trainers:
There are stadiums that hold Pokémon Gyms throughout the Galar region. Each Gym attracts Pokémon Trainers that are experts in specific types.

My guess, based on the end of the trailer, is Steel/Ice and Steel/FireView attachment 119267

My guessed typings include Steel/Ice and Steel/Fire as well, based on the glowing ice sword and fire shield. But along with that, I have other possibilities like:

1. Steel/Fighting for both (so neither is stronger than the other and can beat one another) or
  2. Mono Steel for both with a ice and fire related ability.
  3. Steel/Ground for Zazamenta, because its heavy and stomps on the land.
  4. Steel/Flying for Zacian, because of its aerial attacks and its wings.
They can also be:
  1. Fire/Ground, Mono Fire or Mono Ground for Zazamenta
  2. Ice/Flying, Mono Ice, Mono Flying for Zacian.
I find the last possibilities unlikely though, as swords and shields are weapons and are often associated with the Steel Type.

I myself am currently leading to Steel/Fighting or Mono Steel for both as a safe guess. If they are part Fire and Ice, it would be interesting to see a bulky defensive Fire type, and a speedy attacking-focused Ice-type, seeing its mostly the other way around. Especially Ice type and its notorious rep of having mons with defensive stats which usually suck gameplay wise.

I could also see a Steel/Fighting type for Zacian, and Steel/Fire for Zamazenta. both effective on each other using their secondary type to combat the other.

Last edited:
Direct had a lot more than I expected!

Starting from the Box Legends, Zacian and Zamazenta look really cool~ They look more similar than I expected, but I like that they look so much alike since I assume there's lore involved there (especially since they also have similar Dex Entires about captivating their opponents)~ I'm expecting another case of a single Legendary Pokemon splitting into two.

Gossifleur and Eldegoss look incredibly adorable, Wooloo is a cutie, Corviknight looks dark but it's cool that it isn't and the Flying Taxis thing is pretty awesome, and Dredknaw looks like a mix of a Tirtouga, Avalugg, and Turtonator~

The PCs look nice~ The girl doesn't look as bad in her official artwork but I still don't care much for her design~ I usually go with the blonde option but the silver looks a bit too gray for my tastes so I think I'll probably pick the darkest girl this time, unless there's some better hair options. Homeboy looks like a twig but his design is still cute and all of his skin tone options look good

Leon has a very cool design and looks really similar to Iris, so I wonder if they're related~

Sonia thicc. It's been a long time coming that Magnolia finally gets a Professor named after it and that we've had an older professor, so I like that~

Hop looks like a major loser and it's really awesome that we get the Champion's brother as a rival~

The huge soccer field theme for the Gyms look reaaalllyy cool. Dynamaxing seems really awesome and it's nice that it seems pretty balanced and can only be used in Gyms and for 3 turns.

I also love the idea of the Wild Area and being able to change the camera there~ Also the way they incorporated Raid Battles looks to be really interesting, as well~ Wasn't something I expected them to add to the Main Series. Rotom Phone looks reeaaaalllyy noice and I love that bikes are back!

Overall I'm super excited for the games now~ Everything seems really fresh and exciting so far~

Final list of old pokemon I found:

Sawk
Wynaut/Wobbuffet
Stufful/Bewear
Hippopotas/Hippodown
Snover/Abomasnow
Rhyhorn/Rhydon/Rhyperior
Gastly/Hunter/Gengar
Duskull/Dusclops/Dusknoir
Golett/Golurk
Frillish/Jellicent
Magikarp/Gyarados (don't you say...)
Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree
Bounsweet/Steenee/Tsareena
Mudbray/Mudsdale
Tympole/Palpitoad/Sismitoad
Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar
Bergmite/Avalugg
Hawlucha
Mantyke/Mantine
Feebas/Milotic
Pikachu/Raichu (guess what...)
Sneasel/Weavile
Espurr/Mewostick
Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon
Charmender/Charmeleon/Charizard
Rufflet/Braviary
Mincinno/Cincinno
Grubbin/Charjabug/Vikavolt
Whishiwashi
Hoothoot/Noctowl
Deino/Zweillos/Hydreigon
Wailmer/Wailord
Riolu/Lucario
Munchlax/Snorlax
Pancham/Pangoro
Growlithe/Arcanine
Inkay/Malamar
Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus
Wingull/Pelliper
Onix/Steelix
Cleffa/Clefeary/Clefable
Diglett/Dugtrio
Wooper/Quagsire
Chinchou/Lanturn
Roggenrolla/Boldore/Gigalith

101 old pokemon revealed to be in the games with the first two trailers.
If I missed anyone, let me know...

Unfortunately, the game will be released five days AFTER my birthday.
So go get it then? Diamond and Pearl were released 5 days after my 12th birthday, so my brother and I asked my Granny to hold off giving us our birthday gifts until we could go to Walmart on release day and buy it.

Final list of old pokemon I found:

Sawk
Wynaut/Wobbuffet
Stufful/Bewear
Hippopotas/Hippodown
Snover/Abomasnow
Rhyhorn/Rhydon/Rhyperior
Gastly/Hunter/Gengar
Duskull/Dusclops/Dusknoir
Golett/Golurk
Frillish/Jellicent
Magikarp/Gyarados (don't you say...)
Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree
Bounsweet/Steenee/Tsareena
Mudbray/Mudsdale
Tympole/Palpitoad/Sismitoad
Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar
Bergmite/Avalugg
Hawlucha
Mantyke/Mantine
Feebas/Milotic
Pikachu/Raichu (guess what...)
Sneasel/Weavile
Espurr/Mewostick
Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon
Charmender/Charmeleon/Charizard
Rufflet/Braviary
Mincinno/Cincinno
Grubbin/Charjabug/Vikavolt
Whishiwashi
Hoothoot/Noctowl
Deino/Zweillos/Hydreigon
Wailmer/Wailord
Riolu/Lucario
Munchlax/Snorlax
Pancham/Pangoro
Growlite/Arcanine
Inkay/Malamar
Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus
Wingull/Pelliper
Onix/Steelix
Cleffa/Clefeary/Clefable
Diglett/Dugtrio
Wooper/Quagsire
Chinchou/Lanturn
Roggenrolla/Boldore/Gigalith

101 old pokemon revealed to be in the games with the first two trailers.
If I missed anyone, let me know...
I believe I saw Swirlix too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom