• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Dynamax: Thoughts, Feelings, or Concerns

Only certain species of Pokémon can Gigantamax—and even among such species, only rare specimens will be able to Gigantamax. The majority will keep their usual appearance when they Dynamax.

So... if my Corviknight cannot Gigantamax for whatever reason the only option I have is capture another one that can Go-style and ditch my first Corviknight?

Gigantamax Drednaw looks AMAZING, shame it's not a regular evolution...

So... if my Corviknight cannot Gigantamax for whatever reason the only option I have is capture another one that can Go-style and ditch my first Corviknight?
I’m thinking it could be an IV restriction of some sort.

Yup. This is now a full on replacement of both megas and Z moves. Although if this is how they're going to retain the old Megas, it'll still be awkward for them to now be gigantic behemoths. I've literally only read about Gigantamax, so I don't know all the details, and the ones they showed on the official site didn't have changed types, so I don't know if it's exactly the same thing, but it feels as if it's at least in essence the same thing.

Yup. This is now a full on replacement of both megas and Z moves. Although if this is how they're going to retain the old Megas, it'll still be awkward for them to now be gigantic behemoths. I've literally only read about Gigantamax, so I don't know all the details, and the ones they showed on the official site didn't have changed types, so I don't know if it's exactly the same thing, but it feels as if it's at least in essence the same thing.

Gigantimaxing is Mega Evolving in Dynamax Form, and the whole "moves changing" is I guess the Z-Move portion. So in a way, we really did come full 360 didn't we?

Game Freak: We're removing Mega Evolution and Z-Moves
Also Game Freak: We're adding Mega Evolution Gigantamaxing and Z-Moves Max Moves

Make up your minds

That's kind of the whole point, though. Rather than cluttering it up with all three, they're reworking those ideas into a unified mechanic that's more closely tailored for these games.

That's kind of the whole point, though. Rather than cluttering it up with all three, they're reworking those ideas into a unified mechanic that's more closely tailored for these games.

Well, that's fine and all, but I would think to reserve my judgement until we can get more info on them, such as battle applications and what not. There is a lot we don't know outside of the surface, really...

Game Freak: With Dynamax, unlike Mega Evolution, ALL Pokémon have a chance to shine in battle!

But then they go out of their way to create a new snowflake-exclusive mechanic that one-ups Dynamax.

Well, that's fine and all, but I would think to reserve my judgement until we can get more info on them, such as battle applications and what not. There is a lot we don't know outside of the surface, really...

Sure. And that's really the best thing to do - I'm just saying that's it not contradictory of them to remove Megas and Z-moves from this scene while replacing them with something similar. There is a reason for that decision.

Sure. And that's really the best thing to do - I'm just saying that's it not contradictory of them to remove Megas and Z-moves from this scene while replacing them with something similar. There is a reason for that decision.

Dynamax does exuberate a "lazy" or "lackadaisical" premise at first since to everyone it seemed just like a "LET'S MAKING POKÉMON BIG" sort of mechanic. Not going to lie, even though gigantimax seems to not roll off the tongue well, I'm glad that there are more layers to it. Cheers to seeing something bountiful out of this.

Well, not as many layers are Gigantimax Alcremie I hope :confused:

Unless I'm missing something, Gigantamax is completely superior to Dynamax and you can only use one at a time. Tough choice for competitive players.

Although if this is how they're going to retain the old Megas,
That is just wishful thinking. The designs are fairly different in style and the focus is on the G-Max moves.

Dynamax does exuberate a "lazy" or "lackadaisical" premise at first since to everyone it seemed just like a "LET'S MAKING POKÉMON BIG" sort of mechanic.

I mean, I never got that feeling from it, but I suppose I'm well in the minority.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom