• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The August 7th leak is just another piggybacker.

That seagull was revealed in the one true leak. Also Marnie, Bede and other information.
I think it might not be a seagull, by the way. But a cormorant.

Yeah no, they are not going to reuse Mega designs for Gigamax forms. Not happening.
To be fair, I can see them reusing certain designs where the visual changes aren’t all that big or if there isn’t a good way to handle giving a Gigantamax Pokémon a better design. For example, I don’t think there’s much you could improve upon Tyranitar’s design. Plus its Mega isn’t all that drastic of a design change.

I don’t think they’d do this for the majority of Pokémon that once had Megas though, nor do I expect it to happen.

To be fair, I can see them reusing certain designs where the visual changes aren’t all that big or if there isn’t a good way to handle giving a Gigantamax Pokémon a better design. For example, I don’t think there’s much you could improve upon Tyranitar’s design. Plus its Mega isn’t all that drastic of a design change.

I don’t think they’d do this for the majority of Pokémon that once had Megas though, nor do I expect it to happen.
That would be incredibly lazy because there is a ton of things you can do with any design, just browse around deviantart for a bit. They could easily do something totally different with Tyranitar and any Pokémon that got a mega evolution. Heck, Alcremie spawned a whole cake out of nowhere, so really they could add anything.

Besides that, they already marketed megas as megas, so it would just be confusing if they tried to remarket the same designs as Gigantamax, since the only difference would pretty much just be a size change, and that doesn't translate well with merch.

That would be incredibly lazy because there is a ton of things you can do with any design, just browse around deviantart for a bit. They could easily do something totally different with Tyranitar and any Pokémon that got a mega evolution. Heck, Alcremie spawned a whole cake out of nowhere, so really they could add anything.

Besides that, they already marketed megas as megas, so it would just be confusing if they tried to remarket the same designs as Gigantamax, since the only difference would pretty much just be a size change, and that doesn't translate well with merch.
I also feel the same way you do on matter despite what I just posted. This isn't something I want to happen at all! I just think that in the worst-case scenario, Game Freak could end up recycling certain designs that weren't all that noticeable the first time around. Even then, they'd have to have artist's block before they would even consider that design-recycling approach, and I doubt they'd be able to get away with it since either the fandom or TPCi would get on their case for doing so.

Basically, that was just my pessimistic-side kicking in!

I also feel the same way you do on matter despite what I just posted. This isn't something I want to happen at all! I just think that in the worst-case scenario, Game Freak could end up recycling certain designs that weren't all that noticeable the first time around. Even then, they'd have to have artist's block before they would even consider that design-recycling approach, and I doubt they'd be able to get away with it since either the fandom or TPCi would get on their case for doing so.

Basically, that was just my pessimistic-side kicking in!
Even if they had artist block, I doubt they'd consider it. XD There is a reason we never got mega flygon.

Even if they had artist block, I doubt they'd consider it. XD There is a reason we never got mega flygon.

Flygon already kind of looks like a mega evolution itself, very busy design for a pokemon, not really sure what they could have done to alter its appearance.

The new leak seems quite interesting, but I am leaning more towards fake. It definitely piggybacks off of the real leak, even going as far as to go off of the "seagull" Pokemon that the Affleck leak just barely mentions. It borrows ideas from previous leaks that have been proven fake, like the Eeveelution one (come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if this leaker was actually the same person as the July 24th trailer leak (parts 1,2 and 3), and is just trying again by making up a new idea).

That being said, I do like the ideas in the leak itself. I know the fans would be pretty happy knowing we have a rival that does use the starter that's strong against ours. The Galar forms part sounds great (albeit a bit similar to the Gen 2 beta designs which were conveniently found last year with the Girafarig one). Eeveelutions are what I want to see the most right now.

At least with a date on it we can know pretty quickly whether or not it's real.

Take it with a grain on salt as always, but this is one of the more believable ones I've read. And if not, the person came up with some great fake names and concepts that will probably be better than what we ACTUALLY get if that's the case, lol.

Flygon already kind of looks like a mega evolution itself, very busy design for a pokemon, not really sure what they could have done to alter its appearance.
Eh... Flygon's design is about as busy as Garchomp's. They could have done something but in the end they just never came up with a design that they liked.

true. flygon could have a recolor. I have heard it isn't really based off of a dragonfly, but if they want to go with the dragonfly idea....(after all Charizard became a dragon type in megas) there are all kinds of colors of dragonflies that are bright metallic looking. they could do like a stain-glass look as a representative for bright dragonflies.

EA7IyYoUIAAY_8q

This is interesting

...well we already know this isn't true.

diIeLyz.png

HP was increased by 1.5x but there's no +1 to any of the other stats here.
But it is only a demo though, and even then the dynamax level is 0 so we don't know if it works differently due to it being a demo

Also, what? +1? That's it?
+1 to all stats is not bad especially depending on the pokemon using it.

But it is only a demo though, and even then the dynamax level is 0 so we don't know if it works differently due to it being a demo
I don't see why a demo would be missing +1 to all stats, unless they last minute decided "Hey this mechanic doesn't have enough, let's add a negligible stat change to it." Plus according to the "leak" you jump up to Dynamax Level 1 as soon as you get the band, and the only thing that Dynamax Level changes is the base power of your Max Moves, so... yeah, still going with "someone didn't do their homework very well before posting their fake leak."

I don't see why a demo would be missing +1 to all stats, unless they last minute decided "Hey this mechanic doesn't have enough, let's add a negligible stat change to it." Plus according to the "leak" you jump up to Dynamax Level 1 as soon as you get the band, and the only thing that Dynamax Level changes is the base power of your Max Moves, so... yeah, still going with "someone didn't do their homework very well before posting their fake leak."
He literally uses the same pic you just gave. It could be that the demo was altered to just level 0s the HP boost. Essentially using the absolute bare minimum for the demo to just give people the experience of dynamaxing.

He literally uses the same pic you just gave. It could be that the demo was altered to just level 0s the HP boost. Essentially using the absolute bare minimum for the demo to just give people the experience of dynamaxing.
It's actually not the same pic, it's just a different pic of regular Corviknight's stat screen.

Also still missing the fact that according to the "leak," Dynamax level doesn't affect the stats, only the power cap for Max Moves. And how much difference would a +1 in each stat really give that it would warrant cutting it out from the demo anyway?

Three years ago today, we got a 5 minute long trailer on Sun and Moon. TBH, I'm definitely expecting something big next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom