• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These regional variants are such a slam dunk, to my mind. Galarian Weezing is so PERFECT for the UK, and giving a boost to their badger pokemon? Spot on. I also like the idea of making cross gen evos for regional variants. I like that way better than just trying to add on to what was already there. This seems like a good compromise between nostalgia and new stuff.

Team Yell seems like a hilarious screw you to the UK, though. Most evil teams are far enough removed from the real world location, but this looks like Gamefreak just went to the UK and were really annoyed at the sports fans.

Is Bede supposed to be male, female, non-binary? Gender fluid? (S)he looks like a grandma’s face stuck to a male body currently.

official site uses male pronouns

We already know that they're not the main threat in the games since the first time we learned their existence:

People are talking like if this is a new information that they're not a serious threat.

Besides that, what universe did I just wake up in where Pokémon villains haven't almost always been cartoon goofballs? Even the most serious post-Rocket ones were dressed for the local renaissance fair. I mean, have you guys seen this dude!?

Also, their page on the SwoShi site says this:

"They want nothing more than for Marnie to become Champion, and they all try to obstruct other challengers in all sorts of ways. They will take over hotel lobbies, prevent other challengers from accessing transportation, and even shout and distract opponents during battle. Whenever Marnie battles, it seems these Team Yell Grunts are quick to appear, showing their support with Marnie-print towels and also horns."

Credit where it's due, I love that idea. Actually tripping you up in battles in order to help their fave. And it's a more meaningful-to-gameplay way of having the villain team be disruptive than, like, stealing honey or some shit

To those mentioning about "Team Yell" and how they are supposed to be goofy and how people are acting 'surprised' by it, I don't think many people here are surprised at all. The problem is that many people, including myself, didn't want another Team skull two games in a row. We just had Team Skull, and now we seemingly have Team Skull 2.0 straight afterwards.

They made it look like a combination of a chimney and a chimney sweep.

I'm aware of what they were going for, but I still dislike it's design. To me, it's on the same level as Alolan Dugtrio and alolan Exeggutor in terms of "goofiness."

Oh, and it's been another trailer and they still haven't officially revealed Impidimp. Did they genuinely forget that thing exists or something?
The same thing happened during Black/White and everything before.

Also, I like that they finally made a regional variation that's a clean version of a Pokemon based on pollution. I kind of wanted that with Grimer and Muk where they would be pure Water, but I guess Galarian Weezing counts.
Alolan Grimer and Muk were the same though, right? They purified the toxins into the crystals on it's bodies I thought. Galarian Weezing just seems like the same concept, but applied to air.

Wow, so much to take in, not only with certain leaks being proven false, but also true in a good way.

Galarian form aren't just gen 1. Yay! And I like the concept of Weezing's design. A mix of british gentleman with a top hat, plus a chimney/smoke stack. It's design could also be inspired by the great fog incident of london.

Galarian Zigzagoon line. I like the punk rock look of it. It's awesome. And I guess my theory on how regional evolutions work was true. Some pokemon can evolve because of the enviorment because of galar. Think of the opportunities of what pokemon can evolve.

Morpeko. Didn't expect the Pikaclone to be something like this. Wow a mid battle formchanger. Interesting.

Bede. Yup jerk rival, though surprising isn't shown with a starter. I wonder if his ace is that Duosion? Oooooo maybe in our final battle he could have a Gigantamax Reuniclus!

Marnie. I like her. Her look, her personality. I see the next Lillie for this game, and her theme freakin jams. I wonder what her character has in store

Team Yell.....They do look silly as I expected, and there's a joke about a toxic fanbase in there....but I'll leave that one be.

why the hell weezing is a fairy now? it looks so cool though and I love Marnie's design SO much.

Wow, so much to take in, not only with certain leaks being proven false, but also true in a good way.

Galarian form aren't just gen 1. Yay! And I like the concept of Weezing's design. A mix of british gentleman with a top hat, plus a chimney/smoke stack. It's design could also be inspired by the great fog incident of london.

Galarian Zigzagoon line. I like the punk rock look of it. It's awesome. And I guess my theory on how regional evolutions work was true. Some pokemon can evolve because of the enviorment because of galar. Think of the opportunities of what pokemon can evolve.

Morpeko. Didn't expect the Pikaclone to be something like this. Wow a mid battle formchanger. Interesting.

Bede. Yup jerk rival, though surprising isn't shown with a starter. I wonder if his ace is that Duosion? Oooooo maybe in our final battle he could have a Gigantamax Reuniclus!

Marnie. I like her. Her look, her personality. I see the next Lillie for this game, and her theme freakin jams. I wonder what her character has in store

Team Yell.....They do look silly as I expected, and there's a joke about a toxic fanbase in there....but I'll leave that one be.
No, it ain't a jab to a toxic fanbase, but to hooligans... Jesses, man.

Alolan Grimer and Muk were the same though, right? They purified the toxins into the crystals on it's bodies I thought. Galarian Weezing just seems like the same concept, but applied to air.

Yeah, and they contained their stench as well. If anything, Alolan Grimer/Muk were better for the environment, because they helped reduce the levels of trash pollution in Alola and don't require industrial sludge waste in order to thrive.

The interesting thing about Galarian Zigzagoon and it's evolution line is that Galarian Zigzagoon is the "oldest branch" of it's species, according to the Pokémon Website. Hoennian Zigzagoon is the evolution that branched off the Galarian form. Because of the harsh environment that Galarian Zigzagoon and Linoone go through, it has a third evolution line to deal with that. When Zigzagoon was introduced to Hoenn, it changed into Hoennian Zigzagoon overtime, and I guess lost it's ability to evolve into a third stage as it no longer needed it.

Team Yell is actually perfect. I love them because I'm gonna hate them. Isn't that the point? They're a toxic sports fan base that destroys things, interferes with everything, and is obnoxious and irritating. It's a true-to-life idea for an evil team that is both grounded and a serious threat (toxic fans cause real damage and pain to property and people). It's also super fitting for the gym theme.

Team Yell is actually perfect. I love them because I'm gonna hate them. Isn't that the point? They're a toxic sports fan base that destroys things, interferes with everything, and is obnoxious and irritating. It's a true-to-life idea for an evil team that is both grounded and a serious threat (toxic fans cause real damage and pain to property and people). It's also super fitting for the gym theme.
If Marnie is a new trainer then why does she have such a huge fan following. I think there's more to her than just being a rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom