• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM142: Burn! Swell Up!! Full Battle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance that Toru Sakurai might voice Ash's Incineroar (if it happens)? Given the fact that Incineroar will need a deeper voice which Chinami wouldn't be able to produce.

Could well happen, like in the dub, I felt Incineroar would get a male voice instead of Lisa Ortiz

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Kukui recalled Incineroar and sent it out later for a final showdown. Unless it's the mysterious sixth Pokémon that'll be the last one standing.

Reminds me of Gary, sent out how powerful Blastoise early in the match, recalled it before using it as his final Pokemon

Don't they usually do something like this towards the end of the series?

Substituions are usually allowed during league battles so I don't see it being different here

Tomioka's done some great battles in the past, Guzma vs Ash and several battles with Paul so it is bound to be great
Tomioka hasn't handled either Ash vs Guzma match, the first one was done by Yonemura, while the second one was by Matsui (136) and Omode (137), heck, Tomioka hasn't done a league battle since Ash vs Paul

Tomioka hasn't handled either Ash vs Guzma match, the first one was done by Yonemura, while the second one was by Matsui (136) and Omode (137), heck, Tomioka hasn't done a league battle since Ash vs Paul
Always been curious why though, you'd think if he was given main League battles he would have eased out some of Ash's losses and not made the community bitter. Or better yet, made him win altogether.

Always been curious why though, you'd think if he was given main League battles he would have eased out some of Ash's losses and not made the community bitter. Or better yet, made him win altogether.
I don't think he has the power to decide to make him win, and tbh, I think he probably wanted him to win in Sinnoh (DP was clearly a passion project for him), but execs wanted him to lose, so he had to make Tobias, but didn't have it in him to write the Ash vs Tobias match himself, and then he felt burnt out of league matches.

I don't think he has the power to decide to make him win, and tbh, I think he probably wanted him to win in Sinnoh (DP was clearly a passion project for him), but execs wanted him to lose, so he had to make Tobias, but didn't have it in him to write the Ash vs Tobias match himself, and then he felt burnt out of league matches.
Quite sad. He's easily written the best episodes and battles. If he was given full control of the writing department then the anime would have been really great.

Lmao, I didn't expect them to pull off a pitcher plant move with Rowlet. Expect Rowlet to do some shenanigan in there that insta-KOs Venusaur.

On a serious note, some matchups shown and my prediction for each of them.

Lycanroc v. Braviary - Possible tie.
Rowlet v. Venusaur - Rowlet loses.
Torracat v. Venusaur - Torracat wins.
Pikachu v. Empoleon - Tie or Pikachu wins.
Melmetal v. Incineroar - Melmetal loses.

I feel some odd choices or is Torracat being recalled AGAIN against Venesaur?
Melmetal vs Inceneroar, Melmetal won't defeat Inceneroar, so Melmetal will faint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom