• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grookey's evolution leaked:

Calling it now fire/fighting for grookey
We all know it has a higher chance to be a fire/fighting than a grass/sound
You jest, but I think that having the Galar starters become the typing of what we expect the other starters to become (and swapping their typings in the process) would certainly throw us for a loop in a good way.

Indeed. If it were still a Fire type, I'd imagine that it would have retained its flames for its mane/tail, they'd just be colorful.
Which is a shame, since Fire/Fairy would have been a very interesting type, competitively speaking. Assuming it's stat redistribution would be to its benefit, and it got an interesting ability.
Regardless, Fire/Fairy would have given it access to 6 resistances, a 1/4 resistance to Bug (though that's not important), and the usual Dragon immunity. It would have gotten four weaknesses to some very common Move types, but those 6 resistances would have been interesting to play around with. By the way, those resistances are Fire, Grass, Ice, Fighting, Dark, and Fairy. Still just as commonly used types in terms of attacking moves for the most part.
Its weaknesses would include Water, Poison, Ground, and Rock; basically the typical weaknesses any Fire-type would have to worry about saving for Poison which is Fairy's weakness.
It taking neutral damage to Steel is what really entices me in a Fairy-type, though.

I'm calling it now, Grookey becomes a DJ. The stick will be replaced by turntables.

Calling it now: Grass/Sound
If they do come out with Sound type, thay would explain why Jigglypuff never became full Fairy. Because that always bugged me. Unless it was for balancing, but still.

God, I've been waiting for a fire/fairy pokemon since the introduction of fairy type. They're my two favorite types. It's a shame we don't have one yet.

You would have thought Victini of all Pokemon would have been retyped fairy/fire. But nope, still Psychic despite it being a apple bunny victory gremlin.

If they do come out with Sound type, thay would explain why Jigglypuff never became full Fairy. Because that always bugged me. Unless it was for balancing, but still.

I don't think they'll ever make a Sound type as it's too general to be a typing in my opinion. There's several sound-based moves spread across the typings that fit with their typing unlike say, Moonlight which felt more like Normal was tacked onto it, so it'd be weird to re-type them.

I've always thought they kept the Normal typing on Jigglypuff in order to better differentiate it from Celfairy because the two are so similar.

I remember saying I'll only properly accept Grookey being fairy if it was given more physical fairy moves to work with, cause I'm somewhat tired of Play Rough and it needs something more reliable. But Fairy is starting to get of chalk up, with apparently it's fun loving nature being a big part of it's personality. So I imagine it'll evolve into some jolly yet powerful gorilla.

I don't think they'll ever make a Sound type as it's too general to be a typing in my opinion. There's several sound-based moves spread across the typings that fit with their typing unlike say, Moonlight which felt more like Normal was tacked onto it, so it'd be weird to re-type them.

I've always thought they kept the Normal typing on Jigglypuff in order to better differentiate it from Celfairy because the two are so similar.
I don't think that we're getting a new type anyways.

I don't think we need a new type anyway.
We have nothing that needs balancing that much, and types like "sound" and "light" sound stupid to me (sorry).
I agree. At the moment, there's no need for a new type. Fairy is also too new, as it's only been 6 years and 2 generations since it's debut.

Sound really has no need for becoming a type, so I don't know why people keep suggesting it. =/

we only got fairy typing for balance and right now the types are balanced. no point for another typing, and when we got fairy typing they were putting sylveon in our throats asking us what the type is

Cries in Ice type

Though I agree that we don't need another typing; we just need to update the current ones.

Ice is a solid type, its an amazing hyper offensive type. There's a reason why Kyurem and Weavile have remained king in singles metagames for many years. as well as Ninetails who managed to get itself banned from multiple tiers initially as well as doing well in VGC17.

Its just GF screw over the rest usually by bad base stat distribution such as giving them super slow speed and defence orientated stats with no way to capitalise on that. But the fast ones perform very well.

Ice is a solid type, its an amazing hyper offensive type. There's a reason why Kyurem and Weavile have remained king in singles metagames for many years. as well as Ninetails who managed to get itself banned from multiple tiers initially as well as doing well in VGC17.

Its just GF screw over the rest usually by bad base stat distribution such as giving them super slow speed and defence orientated stats with no way to capitalise on that. But the fast ones perform very well.
..... Ice resists ice. That's it. Even Poison type for some love in Gen VI. We need atleast some rebalancing. Ice is a decent offensive type sure but ice type Pokémon are rarely used. I still think resisting water would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom