• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we'll get lucky and they were just holding back until November starts and they'll finally drop a real info bomb. And actually tell us about Galar's towns and things about pokemon they've teased but not told us about (or the evolutionary stages for pokemon they HAVE shown) and fill us in on all the version exclusive content so more people can make a final decision on which one they'll buy. And no, "people will get both!" is not a good direction or expectation to take.

A random guy on 4chan did post this:

"I played the first 90 minutes of Sword and shield. It’s the best Pokemon game so far based on what I played.
The towns are beautiful and well everything was.

In Route 1 I was surprised as there are quite a few new Pokemon in that area. You have Stickight who is a bug Pokemon. Looks like a stick insect.
As well as Yamper and Wooloo, one of the other newbies who was my favourite in that route is called Ikfoxon. Strange name but it’s a little beautiful orange and black fox. The people in the town really hates it though.

Wild area was amazing, I literally spent about half hour there, I could of gone to a city called Motostoke but I was enjoying the wild area too much. The beauty, the amounts of Pokemon, the adventure, the raids, collecting watts for dynamax crystals was just super fun, you will spend so long there and not get bored.
Saw a few new Pokemon there as well. When you shake a weird childish looking tree too much I had a skwovet jump down. Looks like a baby squirrel and was a normal type.
Another new Pokemon I saw in the wild area was beeknight. This was a big bee with bits of armour on and I sharp metal stinger. One of the trainers in the wild area has one and mentioned that Beeknight and vespiquen battle when ever they meet. In my mind I had the duraludon and tyranitar instance come to mind.

Professor Magnolia is a very odd character. She doesn’t give you a starter, she doesn’t seem that nice, she acts and looks fed up of you, Hop and Leon. I got a little bit of an evil vibe from here. Meanwhile Sonia seemed lovely. Professor Magnolia also battles you after you face Hop the second time. She had a Corviknight, Yamper and the starter you and Hop didn’t pick. I don’t think it’s the same one Leon recalled to poke ball when you picked a starter but could be, may find out later in the game but as I said, something about her seems odd.

Having all this info is murder to keep so here’s a little bit of info."

It looks quite reasonable....with only one problem. How on earth are you supposed to fight a Corviknight early on, give that it’s either a fully evolved Pokémon or a single stage one? His base stats should be quite higher, and while Scorbunny might have some of advantage, Grookey would get absolutely destroyed.

I mean, if it’s a sign of a being a challenging title I’m all for it, but I’m a bit skeptical.

A random guy on 4chan did post this:

"I played the first 90 minutes of Sword and shield. It’s the best Pokemon game so far based on what I played.
The towns are beautiful and well everything was.

In Route 1 I was surprised as there are quite a few new Pokemon in that area. You have Stickight who is a bug Pokemon. Looks like a stick insect.
As well as Yamper and Wooloo, one of the other newbies who was my favourite in that route is called Ikfoxon. Strange name but it’s a little beautiful orange and black fox. The people in the town really hates it though.

Wild area was amazing, I literally spent about half hour there, I could of gone to a city called Motostoke but I was enjoying the wild area too much. The beauty, the amounts of Pokemon, the adventure, the raids, collecting watts for dynamax crystals was just super fun, you will spend so long there and not get bored.
Saw a few new Pokemon there as well. When you shake a weird childish looking tree too much I had a skwovet jump down. Looks like a baby squirrel and was a normal type.
Another new Pokemon I saw in the wild area was beeknight. This was a big bee with bits of armour on and I sharp metal stinger. One of the trainers in the wild area has one and mentioned that Beeknight and vespiquen battle when ever they meet. In my mind I had the duraludon and tyranitar instance come to mind.

Professor Magnolia is a very odd character. She doesn’t give you a starter, she doesn’t seem that nice, she acts and looks fed up of you, Hop and Leon. I got a little bit of an evil vibe from here. Meanwhile Sonia seemed lovely. Professor Magnolia also battles you after you face Hop the second time. She had a Corviknight, Yamper and the starter you and Hop didn’t pick. I don’t think it’s the same one Leon recalled to poke ball when you picked a starter but could be, may find out later in the game but as I said, something about her seems odd.

Having all this info is murder to keep so here’s a little bit of info."
I don't buy it. First off, 2 of 3 Pokemon the 'leaker' names have the word knight at the end of the name: stickight and beeknight, they're terrible names (imo at least). Secondly, why would professor magnolia be fighting you with the final form of the regional bird when the character likely hasn't beaten any gyms since it's a 1.5 hour playthrough and they obviously never wasted time trying to grind and fight a gym leader. I don't think the supposed leaker understands that corviknight was revealed to be a final evolution. This is equivalent to professor Rowen battling you with a level 36 staraptor when you have your maybe level 10 starter. P.s. all of the names of the 'new pokemon' re just weird and don't make sense including the fox.

Have we had a 'you're meant to lose this fight' in pokemon before? I know it's a popular RPG trope and all but I can't remember if our particular monster raising rpg has ever done it before.

Having it and playing a nuzlocke will be interesting from a rules stand-point. Does having your pokemon beaten = story canon team wipe, or a case of "this 'death' doesn't count"?

Have we had a 'you're meant to lose this fight' in pokemon before? I know it's a popular RPG trope and all but I can't remember if our particular monster raising rpg has ever done it before.

Having it and playing a nuzlocke will be interesting from a rules stand-point. Does having your pokemon beaten = story canon team wipe, or a case of "this 'death' doesn't count"?
I’d say the latter, if there’s no chance of winning.

In theory it could be a Corviknight that's too evolved for it's level--"illegally" over-evolved Pokémon have appeared before; the level 16 Raticate in Mt. Moon, Lance's Dragonites in G/S, or the level 12 Salamence you can find in Sun/Moon.
Depends on how strong Corviknight is, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom