• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably just a lucky guess the other thing that makes this fake is that we have already seen a regular xatu meaning no galarian form for that line
Plus a lot of different ones predicted a Galarian Ponyta because it was a wanted thing. Without a typing I don’t really consider that much to go on. It’s been on the wishlist.

edit: hey have we ever discussed the possibility that scwovent and greedunt are version exclusives? And yes I know I probably slaughtered the spelling on those.

Last edited:
Maybe it's Psychic/Steel, so it'd gain an immunity to Poison moves. That'd fit with its theme right?

Someone on Twitter said something like "if pokemon sword and shield leak this week I'm leaving twitter". Is there any indication of a big leak/etc or are people just guessing?
The games are releasing on November 15. We are 19 days away from release. For reference a full datemine of Sun and Moon came out on November 8 (SPOILERS! - (Look Here First!!!) Pokemon Sun and Moon - Mine Resource Thread), while the game released November 18 (10 days away). I wish I could find the tweets where they said this but the dudes behind pkhex (SciresM and Kaphotics) have an insider who help them acquire early copies. I think it might be different this time around for the switch but I'm not fully sure on that detail.

Edit: I should mention that around that time 4chan was able to get copies earlier than that which lead to false early reports (litten was reported as being the fast one before it was full mined that it was just fast in the first 2 stages). And this doesn't even include the demo datemine which revealed sprites for all the new mons nearly a month before release.

Edit2: got the wrong game link, fixed it and the dates included

Last edited:
Someone on Twitter said something like "if pokemon sword and shield leak this week I'm leaving twitter". Is there any indication of a big leak/etc or are people just guessing?

Ive seen others say this and ive asked a friend working at gamestop and November 4th seems to be the date stores get physical copies.

So next week seems possible for something to happen

Is it me, or are all of these "leaks" just blending together? I'm having a hard time telling them all apart from how often they piggyback off each other.
Ugh, right? I don't know if they're hoping to get lucky and piggyback on a genuine leak or if they're hoping for "lots of people talk about this so it might be true", or if it's one person just trying over and over again, but it's annoying.

Openly admitting the source seems very unlikely to me-I know locating a specific store would be way harder than locating a Game Freak employee, but I still can't imagine anyone would be happy to have their kid tell people online that they violated whatever terms they agreed to. (And then he says "Oh I don't wanna get him in trouble so I won't share footage", as if sharing information would be a huge improvement, lmao)

A surprise Donphan evo? I have a hard time believing that they'd add an evo that's just level up, when every other crossgen gets a new method.

Everything else isn't easily disproven, but that's kinda the problem this season-with Serebii keeping track of every Pokemon that appears, anyone with internet access can look at a list and see what Pokemon haven't been seen, and make up whatever they want. It is very suspicious that they're supposedly familiar with leaks but never heard of the Affleck leak, so they just happened to include Greedunt and Galar Meowth...

I found this Leak on 4chan. It did predict that ponyta's galarian form.
View attachment 126986
ElderKing already pointed out one issue, but we also know that Giga Balls aren't a thing, because we saw how you catch Raid Pokemon at E3. They also claim there's only one pair of version exclusive gyms, which was confirmed false. Also, basing Pokemon on the Beatles, after the big controversy with Kadabra got it kicked out of the TCG?

Oh, I remember this leak, actually, because I thought that "potentially very single Pokemon" was nonsensical and hilarious. In my area???

I'll try to avoid story spoilers, but I'ma jump into all of the Poke'tea I can get my hands on. The first thing is finding out what the starters fully evolve into.
don't you want to experience surprise encounters...

who's avoiding spoilers? if the game leaked
Here, me! I'll avoid certain spaces once the games actually get leaked/datamined.
Lol I don't mind few Pokemon not the entire dex .-.
I feel you. This time is such a nice opportunity to explore the game and have a lot of surprises (for the better or for the worse) and I don't want to ruin that by spoiling myself.

Now while leaks are very unlikely to be true, and the whole game isn't datamined it's fun to check leaks though.

I definitely think game stores will be receiving their physical copies soon. Even besides that I think there have been one or two leaks in the past few weeks of showing off either the case for the game or the icon for the game on the Nintendo Switch home page. Pretty sure both these were proven fake, but it's definitely got the hype going that we are going to start seeing some real leaks soon.

who's avoiding spoilers? if the game leaked

I'll be avoiding story spoilers for sure, and the rest is kind of dependent on how much I can push myself to avoid. I do want to see the new Pokemon, because I like to plan my team before I get the game so I don't figure out some new one through a trainer that turns out to just be a rare encounter on a route from early in the game. That also means I will be looking into what can be encountered in each place when the datamine happens.

But besides that, I think I am going to try to avoid everything else. I really do want to see more characters, but if I am going to be surprised by something it is going to be characters and stories. There's not much to avoid besides this, so I'm hoping it's not too difficult to avoid.

I also might be here and on Twitter way less once people start getting their hands on the game. It will be easier to avoid spoilers if I'm not searching sites that could be full of them. I also have a ton of poetry to write so I'll probably be focusing all of my efforts on that.

I'd suggest in that case to leave this thread around this week, becasue we don't know when true leaks, or full datamining, will happen.

I personally fight an internal struggle on this topic, as I want to know the full dex, expecially new pokèmon, because I want to build my first team with new ones, and I want to know which ones will be available between exlusiveness, post-game, or other factors.

On the other hand, given that in this cycle they spoiled as little as possible, I do want to wait for the full reveal at release, and discover pokèmon by myself. I'll make a decision this week, most likely.

I'm going to continue watching this thread even though I don't want any spoilers and then really regret it. Granted, I already got some of the early stuff spoiled by mindlessly clicking on spoiler tags and then going "Oh wait! I don't want to know that!"

yeah, people got a hold of retail copies of x/y exactly 10 days in advance back in 2013. I was gonna say it wouldn't be surprising if the game leaked next week, but I didn't realize we were so close to launch lol, a leak is almost guaranteed unless nintendo/tpc sends retail copies out at the last possible minute this time around

I mean that's your choice, and not everyone is going to feel that way. Besides, I've known the full dex ahead of time since gen 4 when I started following Serebii's coverage of Pokemon news.
And honestly, looking through the whole DP Pokedex and figuring out what team I'm going to build along with my brother before we both got the games was a fun experience. Fun enough that's how I play the games nowadays.

yeah, people got a hold of retail copies of x/y exactly 10 days in advance back in 2013. I was gonna say it wouldn't be surprising if the game leaked next week, but I didn't realize we were so close to launch lol, a leak is almost guaranteed unless nintendo/tpc sends retail copies out at the last possible minute this time around
Somehow around me stores tend to only get their copies at best maybe 5 days early. So sad.

Most people, from what I've seen, expect a leak/datamine later this week at earliest, or beginning of the week of the release at latest.
We'll see, I suppose. And that'll likely be the moment I'll leave this thread, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom