• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Leak Repository Thread (WARNING: Huge spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this full dex only goes up to 400, is the expanded 600+ post-game dex still a thing?

Gen 2 has 94 pokemon without Legends.
Gen 4 has 92 pokemon without Legends.
Gen 6 has 66 pokemon without Legends and 42 Megas without Legends. (108 total new designs).
Gen 7 has 61 pokemon without Legends and 18 alola forms (78 total new designs).
Gen 8 has 78 pokemon without Legends, 13 Alola forms and at least 18 G-Max ( 109 total new designs).

Guys we will never have tons of new pokemon in a single gen, never. They simply cannot do it. I think we should be pleased that in gen 8 we don't have less new designs than gen 6 or 7 just less legends and Mythicals. Is anyone really disappointed about that?

Excluding regional forms, there are 802 pokemon. As of right now, there are a total of 400 in SWSH. They cut just under half of the pokemon from the dex. People were joking that half were going to get cut...but it turns out that in reality, that much did get cut.

Excluding regional forms, there are 802 pokemon. As of right now, there are a total of 400 in SWSH. They cut just under half of the pokemon from the dex. People were joking that half were going to get cut...but it turns out that in reality, that much did get cut.
Actually there were 809 Pokemon beforehand.

I only see there being more than one mythical if there is no game planned for next year. They're likely to keep staggering them like last time.

Sun and Moon did have Magearna and Marshadow though.

So I'm thinking we'll probably get Meteodyna and if it isn't something like Mew, Marshadow etc we'll probably get another mythical that fills that role.

I can definitely see them adding a new mythical in the sequel games though. Although I wonder if the new Pokemon we get in the sequels will be Ultra Beasts. (since it might seem a bit strange for regular new Pokemon to just suddenly appear in Galar)

Sun and Moon did have Magearna and Marshadow though.

So I'm thinking we'll probably get Meteodyna and if it isn't something like Mew, Marshadow etc we'll probably get another mythical that fills that role.

I can definitely see them adding a new mythical in the sequel games though. Although I wonder if the new Pokemon we get in the sequels will be Ultra Beasts. (since it might seem a bit strange for regular new Pokemon to just suddenly appear in Galar)
I don't think that Gen 8 will introduce any new Ultra Beasts.

I'm mad and disappointed. I loved most of the designs, the gen is unique and interesting but the typings are horrible. So many monotypes. And they cut most of my favourite and important pokemon for me.
No proper post game, similar to XY, no Elite Four, and just rematches of old Gyms. only 300 old pokemon returns. Only 3 legendaries just like XY. And NO OLD LEGENDARIES AT ALL!!! What was the reason for making this game 20 dollars more expensive? + extra for paid subscription. Their claims of best games ever... It's such a sad time to be a pokemon fan. After FE 3 houses (being able to play it for like 150 hours with more and more content every playthrough... I don't know what to say. I know i shouldn't be so upset, it's just a game and I'm almost 24 (my birthday is 18 november, the games are usualy my birthday present for myself), but i'm about to cry right now. I'm sorry if it makes somebody think I'm a hater of something, but once again, I'm so disappointed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom