• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh SwSh Team-crafting Thread

Pick one.

• Total voters
If I was being honest I probably wouldn't include Intelleon on my team since there are many other new Pokemon I prefer....

but the thought of not having a starter on my team feels like sacrilege. I've never dumped my starter before.

Yeah, I feel a little weird about ditching my starter on the first play-through (I've never done that before), but since it means I will be able to use a Pokemon I actually want to use, I guess it's worth it.

Yeah, I feel a little weird about ditching my starter on the first play-through (I've never done that before), but since it means I will be able to use a Pokemon I actually want to use, I guess it's worth it.
I say you guys are missing out, cause all 3 of these guys are rather useful in any team, and you're choosing to leave them out mostly for visual appeal. Which is fine, but hey you never know if you'll grow to like it

I say you guys are missing out, cause all 3 of these guys are rather useful in any team, and you're choosing to leave them out mostly for visual appeal. Which is fine, but hey you never know if you'll grow to like it

Isn't Drednaw more useful than Inteleon by virtue of being dual-typed?

And these guys have a wide movepool despite being monotype. So dual types aren't everything

While dual types aren't everything, all other things being equal, it is generally better to have a dual-typed Pokemon than a single-typed one. That 1.5x boost on two different types is rather useful.

At any rate, I'm personally not a fan of Sobble's final evolution and I doubt it'll grow on me; it's just not the type of Pokemon I like--too human, to the point where my first impression was that it would be awkward to use because it's so anthropomorphized. I'd rather use Drednaw, but I have no problem if other people want to use Sobble.

Scorbunny is my favourite starter, but I do love Centikorsh. So, I don't know how I can fix it. Might I end up picking Grookey for more open space on my team. Probably that's how my team will look: Rillaboom-Centikorsch-Arraskweda-Dragapult-Galarian Darmanitan-Copperajah.[/SPOILER]

Last edited by a moderator:
While dual types aren't everything, all other things being equal, it is generally better to have a dual-typed Pokemon than a single-typed one. That 1.5x boost on two different types is rather useful.

At any rate, I'm personally not a fan of Sobble's final evolution and I doubt it'll grow on me; it's just not the type of Pokemon I like--too human, to the point where my first impression was that it would be awkward to use because it's so anthropomorphized. I'd rather use Drednaw, but I have no problem if other people want to use Sobble.
I will say Dreadnaw will be more of a hindrance to your team. Just a warning

Well, I like challenges. And, by using Drednaw I won't feel like I'm enslaving a sapient cartoon character.
Look dude I get you have you have your own mindset but you kinda admit you'd rather enslave a animals which already sounds bad, plus arms legs and fingers don't equal human, otherwise all animals would be considered human

but you kinda admit you'd rather enslave a animals which already sounds bad
Where did I say that?

plus arms legs and fingers don't equal human, otherwise all animals would be considered human
While arms, legs, and fingers don't automatically equal human, when they look highly similar to a human's arms, legs, and fingers and are similarly proportioned, it does equal human. The idle pose and movement of Sobble's final evolution is very reminiscent of humans. The only animals that have a vertical spine and pose with their hands on their hips are humans. There's no denying that Sobble's final evolution is very human-like. I mean, isn't it even in the Human-like egg group?

I mean...visual appeal is a huge part of why I choose Pokemon for playing through the story. (and I already like Intelleon, I just love other new Pokemon) The story is more about how the journey feels to me than it is about making the most optimized team.

I don't play much competitive but even if I did I probably wouldn't be using my story team for it. (maybe that's changed now with things like mints and bottle caps though?)

I doubt I'm actually going to ditch my starter though, I don't think I'd have it in me to box Sobble. :p

Who is using Eldegoss?

A couple people by the looks of it.

Sobble
Corviknight
Eldegoss
????
???
??
So for now:

Sobble
Corviknight
Eldegoss
Wooloo
With the new grass-type mons and seeing that Budew probably returns I might go for a Grass mono-type team, which for now is:
  • Grookey
  • Gossifleur
  • Budew
First team:
Scorbunny
Morpeko
Polteageist
Cramorant
Eldegoss

Granted, these are all pre-leak so the posters might have edited their teams.

I'm starting to consider the possibility of doing a rotation team due to exp share always being on. I'm kinda worried about being way over leveled and making every battle a cakewalk.

Only thing is the one time I had a rotation team in Alpha Sapphire, even though it was only 7 Pokemon it made me feel a bit less attached to my team and it was weird not having all the Pokemon I had used for the champion battle.

Maybe that'll be fixed somewhat by being able to access the pc box at all times though. I might consider having a box marked as an extended team area. (and have caught Pokemon go to a different box, if that's possible)

Maybe that'll be fixed somewhat by being able to access the pc box at all times though. I might consider having a box marked as an extended team area. (and have caught Pokemon go to a different box, if that's possible)

You could also put your rotating team members into the battle box, if it exists, methinks.

When the games release, will any of you guys put your team in your signature? I'm considering swapping out my current signature for my projected team.

Like so:
Drednaw.png
Duraludon.png
Spr_3r_000.png

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom