• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giratina already got a different form in its own dimension, it's really Dialga and Palkia who are yet to receive different forms. Honestly, the only way I can see them getting new forms organically at this point is having those said forms appear when they are in their own dimensions. Giving them anything else would not only feel forced but it would ignore the canon idea of them being from their own dimensions.

Getting Dynamax into Sinnoh is easy. Just say a second meteor thing crashed there and now there are power spors. Boom, easy peasy.

Kind of like how Megas are easy too. Mega Stones are stones charged with infinity energy or whatever. Infinity energy is literally everywhere. Besides, it can't be exclusive to Kalos. Unlike Dynamax, whoch requires specific spots, Megas are activated by specific stones that you can carry everywhere. Megas are portable.
They would have to turn the Sinnoh League into a copy of the Galar League if they did that.

They would have to turn the Sinnoh League into a copy of the Galar League if they did that.
Did you forget how that argument was raised by you and debunked twice in this thread?
At this point I don’t mean to accuse you of anything, but it feels like you don’t really read high effort replies to the arguments you post.
Sorry, but I’m just exasperated when I put up a reply saying why that’s untrue, it gets ignored and the same original disproven argument is posted again as it is as if it were never addressed.

Did you forget how that argument was raised by you and debunked twice in this thread?
At this point I don’t mean to accuse you of anything, but it feels like you don’t really read high effort replies to the arguments you post.
Sorry, but I’m just exasperated when I put up a reply saying why that’s untrue, it gets ignored and the same original disproven argument is posted again as it is as if it were never addressed.
I'd say "finally someone said it" but I've been saying it for days!

In Gen 6, Mega Evolution was exclusive to Kalos. But when ORAS was released, it stated the origin of Mega Evolution started in Hoenn.

Not only that, but the very mechanism by which Mega Stones come to be was totally overwritten. In XY it was said that stones in Kalos's soil - possibly evolution stones - were irradiated by Xerneas/Yveltal's power when the ultimate weapon was fired (which is why they had only been found in Kalos). Which is simple enough, even if we kinda just have to assume that Key Stones were made by the same process but that the compositional conditions for them to form weren't as common. And it worked with the themes that Kalos had going on about the scarcity and distribution of goods. Mega Evolution is something that only a privileged few can master (and indeed, that only a privileged few Pokémon have access to) because of how rare Key Stones are. That whole scene at the Tower of Mastery where you and Calem/Serena battle to see who gets the chance to try Mega Evolution out, and which Lysandre references as part of his ideological point-making later on, is meant to illustrate that theme.

But little did those suckers know that over in Hoenn they haven't had any trouble finding Key Stones and Mega Stones because over there the land is just so full of nature~ that any meteors that happen to crash there just turn into Mega Stones on their own, no genocides required. Maxie and Archie even have a working theory for how to artificially create Mega Stones. There's a worldwide Contest celebrity who parades her Mega Altaria around all the time. There's a secret society who not only know everything about how Mega Evolution functions, but have even peered into parallel worlds where it doesn't exist (I guess because RSE Hoenn just doesn't have enough nature~). And then to top it off, the burst of energy from the Cave of Origin after Groudon/Kyogre is defeated creates a whole new wave of Mega Stones throughout the region. All this, 10 years before XY take place and Sycamore visibly first theorizes that Mega Stones were created by AZ's weapon. They even say in the post-game of ORAS that Sycamore has visited Hoenn before to study Mega Evolution. So why did he know practically nothing in XY?

They could say Dialga and Palkia are permanent Dynamaxed Pokemon because of their size stated by the Pokedex.

They're not that big... 17' and 13'? The smallest Gigantamax form is 45'.

I doubt Spear Pillar will have a natural Gigantamax factor energy going on.

I mean, it already has "bizarre magnetic energy" going on. Gigantamax energy would hardly be a stretch considering is the highest, most important point in Sinnoh and literally leads right up to Arceus's dimension.

Galar just seems more up on your face about Dynamax and it being integrated in the region than Megas were to Kalos to me, though I think it might be personal biases at play, too.

The main theme of Galar’s story was so ridiculous that giving a reasoning for anything being in Sinnoh would be easy for GameFreak.

Galar just seems more up on your face about Dynamax and it being integrated in the region than Megas were to Kalos to me, though I think it might be personal biases at play, too.

I don't think it's a bias issue; they definitely are more in-your-face about Dynamax being Galar's "thing"

The only point I'm trying to make is that no flavor-based continuity or logic is sacred to GF. Megas were brought over to Hoenn not because they "made sense" there (practically everything they wrote to justify their inclusion in ORAS flew in the face of what XY had said), but because they were Gen 6's shiny new thing and they wanted to keep doing more with them, regardless of where the next games were set. Fans can always just wank whatever headcanon plotfixes they need if the contradictions keeps them up at night. In this case, they've put a lot of conceptual planning, testing, and developmental resources into making Dynamax as a feature. I think it's one thing to dump a mechanic after it's had a solid three years to dominate the scene and dictate the shape and flow of battles, because at least then it can be said that all that work has paid off, but putting all that time into something like Dynamax only to put out a game a year or two later that does nothing with it, and furthermore, artificially banning themselves from putting it in any game that isn't set in Galar because it would "contradict the plot"?

Besides, you can't say Megas in Hoenn weren't awesome (except for Mega Slowking. F*** Mega Slowking.)

I'm here for Dialga and Palkia receiving new forms as well as seeing what they can do with Giratina.

Let's be honest here, the only reason we want DP remakes are for the cute redesigns.
Redesigns are honestly something I don't want for Sinnoh even though it's likely they will happen. I feel the designs are close enough to the modern style--heck, I'd say they started the modern style--that they don't need any changing. Redesigns, I feel, may be a little too over-the-top.

I'm really here for 3D Sinnoh.

Team Galactic looks dumb, though.
Um, excuse me this is the pinnacle of fashion.
Okay for real, I will admit that Team Galatic needs a wardrobe change.

Cyan bowl cuts will always be in style.

Um, excuse me this is the pinnacle of fashion.
Okay for real, I will admit that Team Galatic needs a wardrobe change.

Cyan bowl cuts will always be in style.
They were never in fashion and they never will be.

Their outfits are so boring and plain. Every team before gen 5 has such boring plain outfits. Even Cyrus, the leader, has a boring plain outfit. I know he's got this whole emotionless thing going on but he coukd at least dress more like a leader and less like a Grunt with a slightly modified outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom