• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN008: Don't Lose, Pochama! The Drift Ice Race in the Sinnoh Region!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now about Cassidy and Butch.

I'm happy that TRio is back since the rest of the episode feels mundane. I really want to like the racing aspect of the episode, but it feels like we've seen this a dozen times already y'know?

So no one cares about Cassidy and Butch?

You should give the duo (Butch and Cassidy) a chance please.

What’s with the sudden interest in Yamato and Kosaburo?

The writers would need to invent a new excuse almost every episode for why they are visiting that region that week unless they come right out and say they are still obsessed with Pikachu to a new level of stalkerish behavior and keep tabs on his location at all times. So they are currently being downplayed, at least that is my hypothesis at the moment.

They were absent from PM006 which was set in Kanto, surely they could have appeared in that episode without an outlandish excuse. In a show where they can go flying off and still be back the next week, I don’t think the writers are too concerned with realism in that sense. If they want the Rocket trio in an episode, they’ll find a way to get them there.

Why is everyone ignoring my Butch and Cassidy comments?

Well Misty hasn't returned in a long time from AG to SM. Fine, she was in fantasy and flashbacks but in person.

Oh! Please try using their international names.

FinnishPokéFan92 said:
Team Rocket fans? You wanted them, you got them. You're welcome.

...you didn't do anything though?

I swear he's worse than Dawn from Platinum when it comes to dressing appropriately for cold weather.

It's not at all rare to see kids dressed like that during winters in Japan.

Oh! Please try using their international names.
We're not doing this again. It's already been established that either English or Japanese names for anime characters are allowed to be used for discussion.

Furthermore, Butch and Cassidy aren't their "international" names-they're their English localization. Internationally, they're also recognized by different names depending on the country. For example, while Butch may be "Butch" in France, he'd be "로젠" in a Korean localization.

Butch and Cassidy have been gone for a very, very long time, and the series has generally had fewer past characters appear since then.
It's possible they'll pop up again but I wouldn't count on it.
They've had plenty of opportunities to return during arcs involving Team Rocket, but the writers decide to create a new member who appears a few times, and is never mentioned again in the next arc. If they don't appear by Generation X (circa 2026), it would be safe to assume they've been retconed out of existence, with only the main trio, Matori, and Giovanni as the permanent members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom