• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Old Characters in Pocket Monster 2019

Which ones?

• Misty

• Brock

• Tracey

• Gary

• May & Max

• Dawn

• Paul

• Iris

• Cilan

• Trip

• Clemont & Bonnie

• Serena

• Sawyer

• Mallow

• Lana

• Lillie

• Sophocles

• Kiawe

• Hau

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bayleef is selective; it only hugs Ash.

I hope the poor Johto Pokemon are not forgotten though, they’re really due for focus. Also the Sinnoh team. They both had to share attention with reserves in their own leagues, and Johto got the shorter end of the stick in its own region, while some Sinnoh Pokemon didn’t get enough focus.

Poor Torterra and Quilava come to mind.

Given that Korrina is going to appear, I think that makes it more likely for Ash to run into Clemont and Bonnie whenever he goes back to Kalos. I don't know about Clemont entering the World Championship. He was a more confident battler by the end of XY, but he might be more content with just working on his Gym and his inventions. Still, I could easily see Ash going to the Lumiose Gym to meet up with Clemont, Bonnie and possibly even Professor Sycamore.

Misty and Brock are pretty likely given they're so recognizable. I'm not sure about Brock entering the World Championship, but I could see him battling with Ash once to help him train or something like that. He is focused on becoming a Pokemon Doctor, but he can still battle and they gave him a Mega Steelix after all. It would definitely be neat if they featured some other video game characters that never had a proper appearance in the anime before. While I don't want Kanto Gym Leaders to get more favoritism, the World Championship allowing Ash to have rematches with Gym Leaders like Sabrina and Erika would be pretty great.

With the Dusk Lycanroc in the ending theme, I think it is likely that they'll feature some SM characters sooner rather than later. Most of the classmates left the region, but Ash could still run into them during his travels. I'm sure that he'll eventually run into Professor Kukui and Burnett. They are basically Ash's Alolan parents, especially Kukui, so they really can't ignore them whenever they do go to Alola. Maybe some of the Island Kahunas could be part of the World Championships since they're basically the Alolan version of Gym Leaders. Out of the four, I could see Olivia and maybe Hapu taking part in it.

Even though I don't know how they could fit within the current setup, I'd still be so happy if they showed May, Dawn and/or Serena. I'd just like to known how they're doing with their goals. I'm still disappointed that we never found out how May did in the Johto Grand Festival and Dawn's return arc was not really the best note to end her character on for my opinion. Plus, I just miss Contests, but that's also one reason why I don't know if they'd be able to have them return or give them a brief cameo if the games and the show aren't featuring Contests. In a similar vein, getting some of the anime only rivals to appear would be pretty cool. Maybe a bit more likely than seeing some of the previous female leads, but it still might be a stretch. I'd absolutely love to see Paul return though. It would be incredibly interesting to see how he'd interact with Ash and to see some of his progress since DP ended.

Bayleef is selective; it only hugs Ash.

I hope the poor Johto Pokemon are not forgotten though, they’re really due for focus. Also the Sinnoh team. They both had to share attention with reserves in their own leagues, and Johto got the shorter end of the stick in its own region, while some Sinnoh Pokemon didn’t get enough focus.

Poor Torterra and Quilava come to mind.
I guess we will find out what happens
I really want Dragonite to hug some of Ash’s oak lab Pokemon

In my opinion, as I've said countless times, Natsume's practically obligated to reappear. More even than Sakaki for me.

I know that her storyline from 23 years ago'd most likely be ignored (a reference is the most we can hope for), but seeing her with the new personality is all I ask for. Maybe Ghost and her parents could also show up?

As for Pokemon, I'd like to see Satoshi's Isshu team reserves again.

Korrina making a return (With Lance previously already been in), makes you wonder what other characters have made it in the top 8 of the WC and they don't have to be Champions, as Raihan is there (Unless Raihan is a placeholder for Ash).
Well, there's 5 slots left (2 female and 3 male silhouettes) for the top 8, and also 5 Champions left (2 female and 3 male, including Alder and not Iris) so it seems to add up perfectly. While a Gym Leader or Elite Four member could take those slots, it wouldn't make sense because the Champions are stronger by definition, unless in a case like Raihan where his regions' Champion was also included. Or who knows, maybe some Champions just won't feel like participating.

Well, there's 5 slots left (2 female and 3 male silhouettes) for the top 8, and also 5 Champions left (2 female and 3 male, including Alder and not Iris) so it seems to add up perfectly. While a Gym Leader or Elite Four member could take those slots, it wouldn't make sense because the Champions are stronger by definition, unless in a case like Raihan where his regions' Champion was also included. Or who knows, maybe some Champions just won't feel like participating.
I hadn't thought about that, but you're right:
*Steven
*Alder
*Kukui (I assume he's who we're counting as the third male champion or did I miss someone?)
*Cynthia
*Diantha

The game says it's rumored Raihan could be a champion if he went to another region, so everyone in the Master class is on roughly that tier.

Although as you say they might have some Champions not enter for whatever reason, the fact the three confirmed ones are on that tier and the silhouettes match is interesting.

*Kukui (I assume he's who we're counting as the third male champion or did I miss someone?)
I don't think it would be Kukui, it's a low chance it's him. It could be one of the unintroduced characters from the games, there are many champion level trainers across all Pokemon media after all. I have an inkling that he might be Brandon, since he's definitely a Champion level trainer if he decides to go all out with no holds barred.

I don't think it would be Kukui, it's a low chance it's him. It could be one of the unintroduced characters from the games, there are many champion level trainers across all Pokemon media after all. I have an inkling that he might be Brandon, since he's definitely a Champion level trainer if he decides to go all out with no holds barred.
It could definitely be a game character we haven't seen yet.
Although...maybe Palmer? I think he's the only facility boss after gen 3 we've already seen. I'm not really convinced but I may as well toss the idea out.

I’d really like to see Drake from the Orange Islands return, it’s an underrated arc.
I love Drake for giving us the first full battle, though I'd expect to see him at an earlier level of the WC if he appears, since he's clearly not on the same tier as the other champions.

To be honest I don't care all that much about Satoshi battling gym leaders he has already defeated. I just want to see the old traveling companions especially the XY gang who didn't get cameos at all, Satoshi's old pokemon and past rivals.

They should focus on the new Galar gym leaders instead and leave the cameos to the more popular characters. If they want more battles Satoshi could battle his old friends instead so that we get to see their new updated teams and how much they have progressed.

I hadn't thought about that, but you're right:
*Steven
*Alder
*Cynthia
*Diantha

The game says it's rumored Raihan could be a champion if he went to another region, so everyone in the Master class is on roughly that tier.

Although as you say they might have some Champions not enter for whatever reason, the fact the three confirmed ones are on that tier and the silhouettes match is interesting.
I'm looking at the screenshot of the Master Class silhouettes and cross-referencing with some official artwork, and some similarities are highly suspicious.

- Not counting the confirmed ones, the first one from left to right seems to be Cynthia; a lot of her artwork shows her in that same "hand on hip, with the other arm just resting" pose. The only difference is in the legs.
- 2nd from left to right looks strikingly similar to Giovanni (mostly because of body type), specially some early artwork that had him with his hands in his pockets. I don't think it's likely from a narrative perspective, though.
- 3rd one looks has a similar pose to Caitlin's in official artwork; the silhouette's just standing up with their arms behind, head tilted slightly. I don't remember much of BW, but she did tie with Cynthia in a match in the anime, so it might not be entirely out of the question. Body type doesn't seem to match perfectly, though.
- No idea yet on the 4th and 5th one.

I'm looking at the screenshot of the Master Class silhouettes and cross-referencing with some official artwork, and some similarities are highly suspicious.

- Not counting the confirmed ones, the first one from left to right seems to be Cynthia; a lot of her artwork shows her in that same "hand on hip, with the other arm just resting" pose. The only difference is in the legs.
- 2nd from left to right looks strikingly similar to Giovanni (mostly because of body type), specially some early artwork that had him with his hands in his pockets. I don't think it's likely from a narrative perspective, though.
- 3rd one looks has a similar pose to Caitlin's in official artwork; the silhouette's just standing up with their arms behind, head tilted slightly. I don't remember much of BW, but she did tie with Cynthia in a match in the anime, so it might not be entirely out of the question. Body type doesn't seem to match perfectly, though.
- No idea yet on the 4th and 5th one.

I don't think body type has something to do with it. They are just generic silhouettes. If body type was an indication, there would have been no reason at all to hide the top 8.

I don't think body type has something to do with it. They are just generic silhouettes. If body type was an indication, there would have been no reason at all to hide the top 8.
I'm not certain either. I just think it's not that impossible for there to be small hints in the silhouettes without actually revealing who's who, the one that looks a lot like Cynthia's trademark pose made me want to look more into it, even though it's an absolute shot in the dark.

Whoa I didn't think in a million years that we'd see Korrina again. I don't like her one bit so I'm salty as heck about this. I'm sure people will say that she can help Ash with his Riolu but I don't think he needs help from anyone much less Korrina.

Whoa I didn't think in a million years that we'd see Korrina again. I don't like her one bit so I'm salty as heck about this. I'm sure people will say that she can help Ash with his Riolu but I don't think he needs help from anyone much less Korrina.
It could lead to Ash getting his own Mega Ring and Mega Lucario but I don't know about that.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom