• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN024: Take a Break! Rocket-dan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slice of life TRio on vacation? Check.
Working with twerps? Check.
More exposition on the organisation and Sakaki (who you can bet has something devious planned)? Check.
Set in Sinnoh? Check.

All I need are these and we'll have ticked the full house!:

1553345094870.jpg

Folks, the summary doesn't mention "Resort Area" for a reason.
What are you talking about? The summary very much does mention "Resort Area". Not that that necessarily means anything, I agree with you...

It makes a huge difference. By using anime exclusive locations over and over, coupled with the fact that the next episode will be set wherever the plot demands it to be regardless of the transition between the two areas, only harms the world building of the series. Not to mention, these anime exclusive locations have not been showing having anything unique about them and might as well be anywhere in the world instead of the mentioned location.

Oh please what difference would it make if this was set in an ingame location? SS008 was set in Snowpoint City and yet nothing happened and SS007 was set at the Battle Frontier of all places and all we got was a shitty tournament. So spare me the excuse about worldbuilding; this episode could've taken place at the Hall of Origin or the Distortion World and we still would've gotten the same TRio plot.

Oh please what difference would it make if this was set in an ingame location? SS008 was set in Snowpoint City and yet nothing happened and SS007 was set at the Battle Frontier of all places and all we got was a shitty tournament. So spare me the excuse about worldbuilding; this episode could've taken place at the Hall of Origin or the Distortion World and we still would've gotten the same TRio plot.
The examples of SS008 and SS007 that you quoted only serve to prove the bad worldbuilding that you're trying so hard to deny/ignore. Regardless of where the plot is set, this series is failing to make those locations unique and pretty much makes them interchangeable with any generic location in the world. The advantage that in game locations have are the unique attributes attached to them which would give them some flavor, in this case the resort area being on the volcanic Battle Frontier island in the Sinnoh region, whose tropical climate is a stark contrast to the generally cooler climate of the rest of the region (though judging by 'Snowpoint City' in 8, it seems that they'll fail at it).

Yay, I knew that Matori wouldn't be forgotten that easily. I'm excited to see the Resort Area too, is one of my favorite Sinnoh locations.

However I don't understand why Matori and her team didn't take a break, it sounds like a contradictory premise.

However I don't understand why Matori and her team didn't take a break, it sounds like a contradictory premise.
1. Matori doesn't know the meaning of the word "holiday".
2. The far more interesting option: Sakaki has disabled the rest of his grunts so that Matori can do some dirty work unimpeded.

Well I finally calmed down.

Thank you Thank you writters you managed to put a smile in my face, even through this dark times.

Why I think this will be a good episode:

First of all is a TR episode but not just a TRio episodie a TR organization episode. I not only love JJM I love all of Team Rockets, even the bastards who killed Marowak.

Second of all it's a Team Rocket vs Team Rocket episode that we have not seen since maybe Sinnoh when Jessie and James battled Buff and Cassidy, the last time that JJM were against Giovanni orders was in the Mewtwo Returns special.

Third: I love those episodes were Team Twerp and Team Rocket join forces. I love them.

Fourth: Swimsuit Rockets, we have not seen that not even in Alola

Fifth: NO GATCHA. How are they going to use Team Rocket Pokemon against Team Rocket? Maybe we will see some familiar faces,worn out places?

Sixth: Sinnoh is the best region for Rockets, that's why they got there.

Seven: Could this be the start of something big for Team Rocket?

Eight: Iwane loves Rockets

View: https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/1248219598467416064

Rocket fans this is for all of you. Never give up

Hmmm...could the Elite Unit be made up of the HGSS Rockets? Or at least other Rocket members of years past.
(Probably not. Probably those same pointless Grunts Matori always has)

...Why are there no fewer than four separate paradoxes in that summary?

Dude, it's Pocket Monsters 2019. What else could you expect?

“My dear grunts from this humble illegal organization, I declare you are free to go on vacation! Sure, plenty of you have a lengthy criminal record and your faces are absolutely present in the police database, meaning public appearences will probably lead the cops back to my doorstep, but knock yourselves out, drinks on me!”

Say what you will about Giovanni’s logic, but the guy’s one chill boss.

Maybe it's a plan from Giovanni to send his soldiers to vacation cause he have something that he does not want anyone to see?

Also Jessie hates Matori guts, her siding with the twerps is just to make Matori fall some ranks.

“My dear grunts from this humble illegal organization, I declare you are free to go on vacation! Sure, plenty of you have a lengthy criminal record and your faces are absolutely present in the police database, meaning public appearences will probably lead the cops back to my doorstep, but knock yourselves out, drinks on me!”

It's clearly a trap though. For all we know, it was just TRio who got the "announcement" so they'd be out of the way. We will see Matori and a bunch of other Team Rocket members with her, so unless this is a plot she's carrying out by herself, there's no way Giovanni's sending that message out to everyone.

People in the Pokémon world are really bad at seeing through disguises. All they need is some glasses and overcoats for Jessie and James and a wig and tuxedo for Meowth and they'll be fine; nobody will be suspicious about the ankle high furry guy at all!

Edit: How did I misspell the word "overcoat", go back to correct it in the edit, then misspell it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom