• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN026: Jump! Koiking / Put it On! Yadoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
....You know I do personally take the idea that an older Ash would have a lot of muscle (if just because I have no other context for how he ages up as he lacks male relatives) but that seems off....

Like if he was taller...maybe.....

I've seen muscular older Ash's in fanart, and those had something to work better with (he's always clearly older for one, with stubble and chest hair for example).

Goh meanwhile...look I'm sure in the slash fics of the two he is the pretty boy. That is not pretty boy Goh.

...The preview invokes a feeling of horror within me regarding the next episode.

This feels like something that would fit right into Sun and Moon's cartoony and memey atmosphere/artstyle, but in the current series it just feels... kinda off, in an almost uncanny-valley-ish way. Reminds me of the Ash-Beautifly from a few episodes ago. I'm ironically looking forward to this episode just to see what horrors will unfold right in front of my eyes.

The Magikarp could jump perfectly last week, what the hell happened?

No not even Team Rocket can save this... Get away from these episodes Jessie James and Meowth they are not worth of you.

I really hate the Yokai Watch vibes this episode is sending me. Next time we will have someone exposing in public like it happens in every episode of Yokai Watch. I hate that series I'm more of an Inazuma guy (Which in my country was an amazing success) .

I guess that next week I will rewatch Bobobo episodes instead.

Funny you say that, I kind of liked Yokai Watch.

Yep, I'm out!

It's like it was directed by the ghost of Shudo. Heck, I have to wonder if even he would've hated it... :unsure:

....Don't think he'd have given Ash muscles like that. He didn't really treat Ash that well.....

I'm not gonna lie, I'm actually more amused than horrified. I have changed my avatar to the series' best crack ship to celebrate this bold new world.

I'm amazed this is now canon though:
BuffAshFigureToy.png
Although considering his ability to hurl trees and carry around Larvitar and Cosmeo swole Ash would make more sense.

Edit: Have to admit one of the first things the shot reminded me of was Cho Aniki...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom