• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review DP111: The Ruins of Steel Island!

Adamant

Reaction score
-The second part of this two-parter.

-Team Galaxy's plot starts to unveil, and our heroes join forces with Jun and Gen to stop them.

-Lucario has turned "evil" from the mysterious force

-Akagi appears.

Screenshots please.

Hmm, so what all do they have to do to wrap up the Galactic plot? Provided they're following the game plot even loosely of course.

-Gather the Fairies (seems this'll be with J's assistance, and if they gloss over her getting them I'll be cross)
-Forge the Red Chain
-Blow up a lake
-Fight the heroes some more
-Retreat to the Spear Pillar
-Summon Dialga/Palkia(/Giratina, if they're doing Platinum)
-Final battle either there or Distortion World

And we should see Pluto at some point because that would be awesome.

DP111_Preview.jpg

I don't think I even need to say anything else.

It's funny to me not because Jun and James are hugging but because it looks like they don't want to. As if they are forced to.

Well Musashi is busy holding Nyasu, and God forbid Musashi and Kojiro hug more than once every blue moon. :rolleyes: But that's what happens when you think you're going to die.

DP111_Preview.jpg

I don't think I even need to say anything else.

Jesus Christ, like I needed an incentive. *glares at drawing hand* Down, you.

I'm glad we Rocketshippers are a much more placid bunch than we were nine years ago. Years of disappointment do that to you, I suppose.

A lot of people speculated Chimchar would evolve in this 2-parter, but now I'm thinking its Staravia.

Whatever the case, both will be evolved before the 12th movie in July at least.

A lot of people speculated Chimchar would evolve in this 2-parter, but now I'm thinking its Staravia.

Whatever the case, both will be evolved before the 12th movie in July at least.
I agree that looks more likely..it probably won't and they just showed that part to get us wondering?
Having said..alot of people are probably expecting Chimchars evo to come first?

The animation looks like it's going to be pretty good.

I was totally thrown off by this Galactic thing . . I remember hearing about it, but I thought that Mars was only going to make a very small cameo. Proved me entirely wrong :p

The animation looks like it's going to be pretty good.

I was totally thrown off by this Galactic thing . . I remember hearing about it, but I thought that Mars was only going to make a very small cameo. Proved me entirely wrong :p

Same here, i thought she'd briefly appear abit like Jupiter in the episode she aired in..eithier way the next one looks promising and i really want to be right about startavia evolving XD
I also want to know if Jun will use his Staraptor to fly out og that hole O_O

I don't think so, because in the preview Hikari falls into said hole while holding a rope.

I'm assuming she was using that rope to lower it down into the hole so everyone could climb out . . ah, the logic of ten year olds.

DP111_Preview1.jpg

Looks like the Rocket-Dan and Jun found something important.

DP111_Preview2.jpg

Lucario and Gen are using their Aura power on this. Should've expected more movie 8 references.

Looks like the fake scan got it half right, we are getting to see Jun battle Team Galactic.

Since we're approaching the 7th Gym it honestly doesn't give much time for more Galactic episodes, we expect them to be concluded before the 8th Gym, don't we?

Looks like the fake scan got it half right, we are getting to see Jun battle Team Galactic.

Since we're approaching the 7th Gym it honestly doesn't give much time for more Galactic episodes, we expect them to be concluded before the 8th Gym, don't we?

If we're going by game plot, their last chance is Lake Acuity, since Jupiter tries to capture Uxie there. It's also Jun's last appearance before the battle on Spear Pillar.

Speaking of which, how many appearances did Team Galactic get compared to Team Magma and Aqua?

DP110 was good enough, but the next episode looks incredible.

I'm loving Gen, and and I do think the anime needed to explore the concept of Hadou/Aura a lot more than had already been presented.

And Jun is a BAMF.
That is all.

And I love Mars; she's so badass.

I really wish the anime would have a lot more of these plot episodes. It would really explore the cultish tendencies of Ginga.

What's a BAMF? I have a guess, but....

Animation looks fantastic, Hirooka's back from the dead.

More Riley please~

I guess TR's gonna have some role in the Galactic plot (seeing that thing with Jun must mean something)

BAMF=Bad Ass Mother F***er

All these damned Palkia/Dialga statues I'm seeing lately, when are the two going to make a proper appearance?
Yeah yeah, Movie 10 but I'd like to see them within the anime.

whoa, that was actually my guess. Well, it was Big Ass Mother F***er, but close enough.

And anime legendaries usually suck. They kinda need a whole movie.

The preview, looking at it again, shows Lucario breaking Gen's pokéball in half.

You know, the one that he was trying to return Lucario into? Hmm.

This is totally off=the-wall, but...if a Riolu egg is given away...

I could see James with a Riolu/Lucario.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom